Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:46 am

I haven't been following developments too closely but was reading Liu Bei's thing and found it interesting that his initial dilemma involves Tao Qian, then it mentions you can do another confederacy when Liu Biao passes away, and then that you need to think about your heir. For a game that was rumored for a while to start at one point, with that point being when someone like Liu Bei was still relatively young, that suggests the passage of a significant chunk of time in-game. I'd expect the heir issue to be a bigger plot point for Sun Jian, or even possibly Cao Cao I suppose, but not Liu Bei (the last of these three to go) so much.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:29 pm

https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/photo ... =3&theater

Apparently Liu Bei is arrow proof, quite accurate to history :lol:
He is also a Wood Elf, you learn something new every day :P
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:16 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/photos/a.125554144186461/2216962235045631/?type=3&theater

Apparently Liu Bei is arrow proof, quite accurate to history :lol:
He is also a Wood Elf, you learn something new every day :P

Liu Bei as an elf checks out with the novel:
His ears were long, the lobes touching his shoulders,
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:16 pm

I knew I hated him for a reason

Appearance is pretty decent, looks middle aged and intelligent, white robes and armour work but the gold edgings and sleeves really detract. I do sort of get nature's ally due to his running away skills but it sounds so weird

Zyzyfer wrote:I haven't been following developments too closely but was reading Liu Bei's thing and found it interesting that his initial dilemma involves Tao Qian, then it mentions you can do another confederacy when Liu Biao passes away, and then that you need to think about your heir. For a game that was rumored for a while to start at one point, with that point being when someone like Liu Bei was still relatively young, that suggests the passage of a significant chunk of time in-game. I'd expect the heir issue to be a bigger plot point for Sun Jian, or even possibly Cao Cao I suppose, but not Liu Bei (the last of these three to go) so much.

I'm still hoping to make Liu Shan heir but be surprised if get that far
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:51 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:I'm still hoping to make Liu Shan heir but be surprised if get that far

Yeah I'm not sure what time frame they're planning for the game but I wouldn't be surprised if they skip Liu Shan and give Liu Bei a randomly generated heir like other Total War games.

Edit:
Guan Yu's poster is up.
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1058380714280775681
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Good costume, it is what one expects with beard, long face, certain look but it knits together and looks good. God of War seems like it could be overpowered so I assume there are ways of keeping one-blowing from being overpowered and skills seem well suited to him

“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Zhang Fei
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1058675156434935809
Abilities seem to fit. He looks crazed in the poster. :lol:
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Zhang Fei looks great! I prefer such insane depictions of him. I suspected they’d incorporate his roar in some way. He seems like he’ll be fun to play with!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Jia Nanfeng
Academic

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:03 pm

I really like these portraits! I don't suppose anyone feels confident enough to make avatars out of them?

EDIT: Then they release Zhuge Liang's portrait and it's the first one I don't really like...
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:02 pm

I really liked what they did with Zhang Fei (and red background helps), there is indeed something very wild about him, powerful, fierce,I like he has short sword ready just in case, skills set suit him perfectly. I have a suspicion we aren't going to see Zhang Fei the tactical though

Zhuge Liang, well I think they have built up enough "characters more based on novel" that it won't draw too many complaints. I think the costume looks a little too big for the body and cut the hat tails! There is something slightly... poser about him perhaps? He looks alright and it plays on the usual costume with good choice of colours, skills work well for him.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games