Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Unread postby Qin Feng » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:36 am

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:Shogun II was the oddity in the series, in that it was actually optimized and ran well. Empire, Napoleon, Rome II, Atilla... not so much.

It really is. I haven't played many total war games, but so far this is the absolute best I've played, it's just so good, with great art direction and they keep it small scale, which in my opinion works better.

In Rome 2 you can play as Generic (insert your culture here) Dude and conquer Eurasia with your army of generic generals. Generals that will die soon anyway since the timespan is much larger.
Qin Feng
Initiate

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Information on Sun Jian that turns around and links back to here. And so, all things must come full circle.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Xiahou Mao wrote:Information on Sun Jian that turns around and links back to here. And so, all things must come full circle.

I didn't even notice they cited kongming.net's SGYY biography. :lol:
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:04 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:Information on Sun Jian that turns around and links back to here. And so, all things must come full circle.

This makes me really happy. Especially since Rafe is involved in the project. Do you reckon his familiar with KMA?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:35 pm

I thought that was pretty good (leaving aside awesome site being referenced), seems like they will try to encourage certain playstyles with leaders like having Sun Jian aggressively raiding, they seem to mention his father a few times, going for novel southern warlord (which makes sense). Lady Wu judging by portrait could be an officer and might reassure some to see the children aren't (ala DW) adults in this, I like the early "follow the more historical path or make your own very different tale" choice
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:34 pm

Cao Cao is up:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war ... ds-cao-cao
He's able to start "proxy wars" between other warlords. Possibly based off the Yuan civil war/the Wu/Shu war over Jing.
Although they call his play style "slow but steady" which is odd since he grew explosively. I'd have expected that style for Liu Bei honestly.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:38 pm

The shaping diplomatic relations/proxy wars is probably the same system the High Elves use in Total War Warhammer 2 where you pay "influence" to modify the way other factions look at himself or other groups. Depending how hard or easy it is to trigger wars between two other factions I can see this being abused.

Would be annoying to play as another faction and Cao Cao gets multiple other groups to declare war on you out of nowhere :lol:
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:07 am

Sun Fin wrote:

This makes me really happy. Especially since Rafe is involved in the project. Do you reckon his familiar with KMA?

I bet he posts here under a pseudonym. :shock: Who could it be?

:lol:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Jia Nanfeng
Assistant

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:15 am

Jia Nanfeng wrote:
Sun Fin wrote:

I bet he posts here under a pseudonym. :shock: Who could it be?

:lol:

*Coughs in Australian, mate.* :lol:
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games