Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:57 am

I agree with the beard thing, how does one create a design for a guy described as having a purple beard, and not give him a beard at all??? I don't really like any of the designs but this one is terrible enough to make me comment.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:17 pm

Wow I love the Sun Ce portrait! He just looks so cool and awesome. I'm sold. Wondering about turning it into an avatar! :lol:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:00 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dl7tnsWV4AAiU3x.jpg

Sun Fin wrote:Wow I love the Sun Ce portrait! He just looks so cool and awesome. I'm sold. Wondering about turning it into an avatar! :lol:

Yes, the first one I really like

That sense of charisma in the smile just feels so Ce, the beard looks nice, the tiger pelt is a nice touch, the armour and the robe mixes well. Skills, Little Conqueror is in there, Devastating Roar is nice nod but really curious about how Blood Fury will work

“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:10 pm

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1036252410870525954
Gan Ning.
He's stolen Dian Wei's dual halberds.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Gan Ning looks too friendly. :P Glad they incorporated the bells!
Jia Nanfeng
Academic

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:09 pm

There is something a bit bland about it? I had to look twice to find the bells and on paper I like the armour but there is something a bit... lifeless in how it is done, I do like the nose though. Skills don't quite feel Gan Nng but might just be me

“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Zhou Yu is up next!
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1038064355672244224
I'd guess the next will be one of the Lu viceroys but I am unsure if they'll skip Su and Meng to go straight to the more popular Xun.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Not a fan of all the blue, also Dynasty Warriors has conditioned me to demand long hair from Zhou Yu :lol:
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:23 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Not a fan of all the blue, also Dynasty Warriors has conditioned me to demand long hair from Zhou Yu :lol:

I mean, he is supposed to have been a beautiful man right? These guys seem to be going for realism in a big way which mostly should be fine, but certain portraits are just totally off the mark based on the historical descriptions we have.

I don't mind Zhou Yu, looks a bit too derpy though. And kind of looks like a custom-made ROTK portrait splicing two dudes together.

Sun Ce is good, rugged is what they should be going for with more of these portraits.

Gan Ning is terrible. The face and everything else do not match at all, again it's like someone made a custom portrait in ROTK by sticking a civil officer's face on a tribal guy's body or something. I do like his little knick-knacks he is wearing but that face is asking to be punched haha
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:08 pm

I think I have a different view of handsome from the total war creators and given that is a part of him, deducting points. I do like the panted background of sea and night, the clothing looks rich and suited (blue is odd granted), I like the little details, the little patterns and rope, the scales on the arms, the belt. Really nice touch the Melodic Strategist skill, river one also nice, others don't quite seem Zhou Yu

Zyzyfer wrote: I do like his little knick-knacks he is wearing but that face is asking to be punched haha

His nose makes me think he has been punched
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games