Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:22 pm

https://www.totalwar.com/games/three-ki ... s/sima-ai/

@Jordan, from what we know so far, your actually SPOT ON, i gotta give you kudos for knowing your history, we'll see who else is who later.
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Jordan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:07 pm

Another way to glean info about the princes is to look closely to flags in the trailer. Unlike the flags in the main game, which show clan name, the flags in the 8 Princes scenario reveal each prince's title. It wouldn't make sense to show their family name as they are all Simas. However, for Sima Ai it will say something like "Prince of Changsha" on the flags of his army. I'm actually positive the middle aged helmeted man with the trebs firing flaming shots is Sima Yong now, as his flags say "Prince of Hejian."

Edit-As an aside, I believe the man speaking to Sima Liang in the trailer, when Sima Wei comes at both with a sword behind his back, is Wei Guan.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hasdrubal » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:44 pm

I still think it’s an odd inclusion for the first DLC pack. Would have thought a campaign taking place circa 215 would be many people’s preference.

That said I’ll almost certainly still buy it, it’s the best total war I’ve ever played.
Hasdrubal
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:16 pm

The more I read about the Eight Princes DLC, more I plan to get it when I get the game, they do well in their blogs to set out the characters and the different challenges they provide

Free DLC has been Dynasty Mode, certainly seems like something different from their usual gameplay.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:55 am

Our of curiosity, does the game have mini bio's for their non-unique NPC's?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:47 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Our of curiosity, does the game have mini bio's for their non-unique NPC's?

Nope, characters description is just of their background type so characters with a non-unique one (90% of them) share descriptions with other officers. For instance I believe Shen Pei and Xu Rong have the same description.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:19 pm

8 Princes has a lot of really nice small touches, the Jin Empire interacts with the player through choices more often, it has stronger armies then the Han did so you have to be careful about pissing it off.

Also you have the choice of saving the Jin Empire or replacing it, something I wish the base game allowed me to do, also current RTK games, :P

I only messed around with Dynasty Mode once but it seems like it could be fun. I didn't really bring an optimal team (Gan Ning, Xu Chu, and Yue Jin) but there are tons of option for characters so finding ones that really work well together could be nice.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Development blog:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/developme ... fwK8WUDaug

*Chapters for the yellow turban and liang province rebellions, and Cao Cao vs Lu Bu in the central plains.
*Nanman are coming eventually.
*Free update in October.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:44 am

Thoughts

-Glad sales went well obviously

-Sounds like Eight Princes did badly which is a shame, I know it will disappoint those who wanted that era, I had enjoyed their advertising work and am planning to get it with the game. Sounds like it has led to changes in plans which is a pity, they took a gamble and that has not come off which may make them go conservative with future choices

-Nanman, not a surprise but yay on the "something different", I wonder if they have announced this earlier then planned to create buzz after Jin.

-I wonder if they might have been better to merge Turbans and Liang into one pack with other fictions being local rebels as factions, not sure I would have picked those as chapter packs though if it makes them change their description for Huangfu Song, I welcome it. I would like seeing Liang getting some spotlight, I did not lack of Turbans saw complaints so perhaps explains that but felt it could be done without but probably decent marketing.

-Cao Cao vs Lu Bu I'm happy with. I'm just hoping we will get fleshing out camapign packs for things like the south and that these chapter packs will go beyond WuZhang but fear Eight Princes may make them wary of touching lesser known parts of the story.

-More unique lords and costumes are a good thing

-Fan community doesn't come across as easy to deal with (warhammer comments)
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:55 pm

Dev diary. It's mostly about bug fixing, but it mentions that some characters are being upgraded to Legendary with unique art, including Huang Gai.
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/dev-diary ... -kingdoms/
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games