Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:49 pm

It's his face, I don't know why but it just doesn't look Zhuge Liang. Whereas with Zhang Fei, Sun Ce and tons of the others I think they've nailed it!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:04 am

Zhuge Liang's skills look good. I'm trying to remember how many Wei and Wu officers we got but Shu ones are coming in fast. I saw it suggested elsewhere it might be a sign we're getting a video soon.

Link for those who want it:
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1059097944714952704

Edit:
Information on Ma Teng and Ma Chao is now up.
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war ... ds-ma-teng
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:55 pm

We are finally leaving the big three and another faction has been revealed!

The great Ma Teng shows his loyalty to the Han by allying with the true representative of the Han empire Dong Zhou!
Will you help Dong Zhou hold up the honor of the Han Empire or will you betray the empire to side with the filthy rebels? :lol:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war ... LgubYncDpE

He gets supply buildings and while in encamp stance forage for food.
Honestly he is so far from the main fight, Ma Teng might be a good faction to ignore the wars and just expand, taking on the other Liang warlords then move into Yi. Screw the civil war, it is time for the Qiang to take the realm! :lol:

Dang it Grey Riders, you had to edit your post as I was typing out mine! :P
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:39 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:We are finally leaving the big three and another faction has been revealed!

The great Ma Teng shows his loyalty to the Han by allying with the true representative of the Han empire Dong Zhou!
Will you help Dong Zhou hold up the honor of the Han Empire or will you betray the empire to side with the filthy rebels? :lol:

You can't betray the Han if the Han doesn't exist anymore. :twisted:

No surprise Ma Teng is playable. I wonder who they'll reveal next? I'd like to see Yuan Shao, myself.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Not overaly happy: Ma Teng made sense as a requested figure, some famed officers like Ma Chao, potential to do something based on cavalry expertise and Qiang, the internal politics, the background (in fairness they are doing something on this). The loyalist thing (which is bigger in the twitter picture, they advocate big time for the loyal player). I know they are going for novel based portrayals and fair enough generally but the history one feels like that could have been a more intresting route and it feels insulting to most other warlords that he becomes the paragon of loyalty. The man who fought his sworn brother, who mutineer and betrayed the Han

Has been noted supplies seem to be a big thing here, heard it was something they came into play in Britannia (not played) so should be intresting. Also intresting that Dong's death looks like a set event
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Has been noted supplies seem to be a big thing here, heard it was something they came into play in Britannia (not played) so should be intresting. Also intresting that Dong's death looks like a set event

I think they'll want Lu Bu to be a playable warlord despite the starting year, so Dong Zhuo's assassination struck me as almost assured. I wouldn't be surprised if that's Dong Zhuo's early game dilemma.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Gongsun Du wasn't revealed? How DARE they snub Liaodong!
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Academic

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:06 pm

So....

https://twitter.com/totalwar?ref_src=tw ... r%5Eauthor

Han Sui playable? Or are we just seeing more of Ma Teng's officers?
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:53 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:So....

https://twitter.com/totalwar?ref_src=tw ... r%5Eauthor

Han Sui playable? Or are we just seeing more of Ma Teng's officers?

I think they're separate factions because of this comment in Ma Teng's faction write up on the blog:
As Ma Teng’s campaign progresses, multiple potential paths will become apparent. You could begin expanding southwards into Hanzhong. You might choose to follow history, fighting for supremacy in the north-east by pitting Ma Teng against his former friend Han Sui.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Hmmm, I would be quite surprised if Han Sui is taking one of the eleven slots of playable officers. I think he would do better as a DLC faction.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games