Warriors All-Stars

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Warriors All-Stars

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:53 pm

This game has largely flown under my radar but I saw a positive [ur=http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/07/04/warriors-all-stars-is-a-dynasty-warriors-spin-off-worth-paying-attention-tol]review[/url] of it on Facebook today.

Anyone else heard anything about it? People excited? Anyone know what the cast is? People happy with whose included and whose not?

I loved the WO series as I enjoyed seeing some of my favourite historical personages in a fresh story so I'm hoping this will be good. Although if Sun Ce isn't in it then it will lose one of it's big appeal factors. :lol:
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Warriors All-Stars

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Done a little bit of research and found the character list. Representing DW is:
1) Lu Bu

2) Zhao Yun - so far so good, they are the poster boys of the series after all. They might not be my fabourite characters but they would be who I'd expect to be there!

3) Wang Yuanji - wouldn't be my choice but I guess they wanted a female character? I'd have gone for SSX myself but I can see why they picked her.

4) Zhou Cang - Really? Like I understand wanting anew character but when you've only got 4 slots? No Guan Yu, Zhuge Liang or Cao Cao but Zhou Cang.

Seems ridiculous to me.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Two from Shu, one from Jin, one from Other, and absolutely none from Wei or Wu... Maybe they'll have to rename it from the Three Kingdoms period to the One Kingdom And Others period. >_>
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Yeah! Good point! I have no issues with Lu Bu representing the others and Zhao Yun Shu. Then we should have had Cao Cao or Zhang Liao repping Wei and Zhou Yu or Gan Ning repping Wu in my opinion!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:59 am

Well it's a fan-favorite sort of game, Zhao Yun and Wang Yuanji continually score ridiculously high and while the East doesn't seem to love Lu Bu (I don't get it...) the West seems to adore him. Hence why he made it in. Zhou Cang only made it in because they wanted to preview a little bit of DW9 with Musou All-Stars.

I like the idea, but as I haven't played half of the games I can't really consider buying it.
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:05 am

Xu Yuan wrote: Wang Yuanji continually score ridiculously high

I didn't know that. I've only used her on WO3 - what is it that makes her so popular?
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games