- All of the previous DLCs is included.
- No more sphere of influence, now it becomes a lot more realistic with lords system. Probably the most realistic Nobunaga's Ambition ever.
- Tactics are more balanced. Pierce feels a lot weaker, while snipe takes forever to activate.
- Determining who controls a province is much better, now it depends on the sizes of owned bases in that province instead of the ownership of the main castle.
- Castle battle similar to the one in Nobunaga 2 is back! Odawara and Azuchi have their own gigantic unique maps.
- The old exploit of manually controlling castle invasion to destroy wall's HP no longer work.
- The lord system can be bypassed completely if you are willing to handle everything.
- Playing as daimyo on extreme difficulty, the AI is a lot more suicidal and gangbang happy towards the player than in SoI. Even when they are a lot weaker or there's a weaker AI next to them, they will still attack the player.
- Each unit in battle is controlled by AI and it can't be turned off. So sometimes they will do stupid things such as moving randomly.
- As a lord, the game will keep asking the player whether he wants to revolt or not after getting as big as the daimyo. It does get annoying.
- Lords have separate policy than daimyo, which can reduce the policy upkeep. However it also means that the lords' castles are usually weaker than daimyo's.
- Daimyo AI sometimes does stupid things, which lead to unnecessary losses and frustration.
- The English translation is still not that good. For example "research" is a better word for "stimulation".
Although they introduced new problems with the changes, overall I think the game is better than NA:SoI and RoTK 13.
Best new photo: Yamagata/Obu Masakage
Worst new photo: Akechi Mitsuhide