Setting the record straight on Huo Hu

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Setting the record straight on Huo Hu

Unread postby heapinfrimp » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:43 am

There is more than one Liu Yan and supposedly a number of Yuan Shaos; maybe Capcom fantasized about multiple Tao Qians as well.
But it is probably a localization screwup. No shortage of those!
Maybe if I download and figure out the edit program I will look up who that is in the Japanese rom. Sadly it would not be the silliest thing I did this week!
heapinfrimp
Tyro

Unread postby DragonAtma » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:59 am

My best guess is that the different versions are for different areas; I know they have four Lu Bus because they are:
(1) Lu Bu under Dong Zhuo/you
(2) Lu Bu under Yuan Shu
(3) Lu Bu under Yuan Shao
(4) Lu Bu in Shu

So the gemsword will only work on Lu Bu #1, as the other three are considered entirely different officers.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby heapinfrimp » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:12 am

I mean that actually lived and were public figures during the period, if https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... ms_%28Y%29 wikipedia is to believed. Although this page, in fact, only shows two Yuan Shaos, it does show three more Yu Juns than I remember.
heapinfrimp
Tyro

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games