Hello, trying to complete EVERYTHING in Dynasty Tacitics 2!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Hello, trying to complete EVERYTHING in Dynasty Tacitics 2!

Unread postby KingPaulos » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Greetings, long time fan and lover of the Dynasty series, but I am trying to complete everything in one of my top 5 Dynasty games, Dynasty Tactics 2? I am trying to get every single thing done, oh I've played like every Main, Epilogue, recruited so many characters in hilarious factions/etc however... I still have a couple scenarios to appear along with unlocking 4 more characters in the encyclopedia.

I've done so many 16 combos it almost isn't funny, even tied Wolfguard, whatever his name is, his great 16 combination which was majestic yet I still do not consider myself a master of this game.

At least this game isn't as SUBTLE and difficult as Dynasty Tactics 1 was in the regard of finding things out, where to go, where NOT to do things to activate events/blah blah blah, however what I have left as "? ? ? ?"s would be the following as I've completed EVERY thing else;

Liu Bei *I cannot stand Shu or these benevolent guys but...* the second and third SCENARIOS- which ... I don't know if that's a PATH to take in the game while you're playing it- I don't know if it's to do in the MAIN- I'm guessing it is since there are no ultimate story choices to make in the epilogues as it's already pretty drawn out;, anyway- for Liu Bei- SECOND and THIRD scenarios are blank with the ? ? ? ?'s, that's two right there...

Cao Cao *The best of all time, long live Wei* COMPLETED 100%.

Sun Ce *Second best of all time* COMPLETED 100%.

Lu Bu- FIRST and THIRD scenario are completely ? ? ? ?ed out, I think it's because I did not ever join Yuan Shu there.

Anyway, if there's anything else I may have missed, secrets, easter eggs I'm very eager to learn and play it because well... Dynasty Tactics 2 is my main game I play every day of late- I hate the turn limits because it has to end eventually. Just looking for the beginners/intermediates/experts/masters and Grand Masters to check out all I did, and to maybe fill in the blanks of what I NEED TO DO TO UNLOCK THE ? ? ? ?'s, thank you for positive help in advance.

-Paulos Hunter Blade, long live Blade, Wei and Jin.
I am Paulos Hunter Blade, owner of www.gamelegacies.com preserving legacies one at a time!
KingPaulos
Tyro

Re: Hello, trying to complete EVERYTHING in Dynasty Tacitics

Unread postby Havie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:27 am

Oh man I know this thread is old AF,
But you said youve managed to recruit characters in hilarious factions,
I was wondering if you managed to do so in DT1, I will never forget seeing an image of Lu Bu being recruited to Wu online.

I was only able to get him to serve me under Cao Cao obviously, do you know anything about this? What are some of the other recruits youve done :D ?

As far as i remember I was making a full guide thru Lu Bus secret epilogue ending thing where you team up with Ma Chao, but I never finished..... Cool game Koei should have built more off this ( let alone use the costume ideas they spun)
Havie
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:05 am

Most impressive person I recruited was Gao Shun for Liu Bei on DT1!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 am

Havie wrote:Oh man I know this thread is old AF,
But you said youve managed to recruit characters in hilarious factions,
I was wondering if you managed to do so in DT1, I will never forget seeing an image of Lu Bu being recruited to Wu online.

I was only able to get him to serve me under Cao Cao obviously, do you know anything about this? What are some of the other recruits youve done :D ?

As far as i remember I was making a full guide thru Lu Bus secret epilogue ending thing where you team up with Ma Chao, but I never finished..... Cool game Koei should have built more off this ( let alone use the costume ideas they spun)

I really don't get it. Dynasty Tactics was their chance to really bring a character driven aspect to the Three Kingdoms and they succeed well in the first two, and then they stopped the series. I just don't understand it! I had hoped that Godseekers would recapture some of that, but that is a bit too simplistic for its own good. Dynasty Tactics, I feel would have made a Great RTK engine, especially its battle engine. It's probably more balanced than anything in the RoTK series when you get down to it.
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:07 am

I agree, Dynasty Tactics was the first Koei game I bought DT2 and is still my favourite. I really wish they were still making them!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games