Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:17 am

Yan Baihu story patch ended up being bad news for me since I am playing via APK :cry:

I got to get my daily log-in rewards and recruit a commander, and then poof! Connection errors galore. Wonder how long a new APK is going to take...
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:25 am

Sorry Zyzyfer that is me :shock:. I just haven't made time to log on recently - the World Cup is getting in the way!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:31 pm

The Alliance is now under my command. Shape up people.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Hah! Thanks Ranbir! :D I will get back on it soon!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:08 am

Well in that case I applied again...

Meanwhile, I want to rant about Annihilation battles. While I don't have some amazing party, it's still so annoying how much my guys miss, I keep going into otherwise fairly even battles, whiffing an entire round of attacks when all an enemy general needs is a little love tap, and then losing my key attackers. It's so sad and pathetic.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Should I be actively using my artifact pieces to craft stuff or are there events that are better for doing that? I have collected about 700 pieces...
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:28 pm

I've seen alliance missions for crafting with artifact pieces (specifically, crafting 6 star artifacts), but no events for it.

So I'd say spend them to craft 6 star artifacts. That takes 200 pieces each, but guarantees you'll get some good stuff!
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:42 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:I've seen alliance missions for crafting with artifact pieces (specifically, crafting 6 star artifacts), but no events for it.

So I'd say spend them to craft 6 star artifacts. That takes 200 pieces each, but guarantees you'll get some good stuff!

Thanks for the tip, I hadn't actually realized (once again) that there was a 6 star option. The interface there always gets me...

Didn't get anything really awesome, but I got some interesting equipment.

Now for another question about artifacts: crafting. It seems cheap up front, but the twine is not cheap at all in terms of resources. While I have a lot of ore, etc to spare now, is it better to make my own twine and craft stuff, or will those fancy twines become quest rewards down the road?

I also can't figure out how to specifically select the weapon/armor/accessory crafting permits. Do I have to use up all the normal ones?

Thanks for all of your tips, Xiahou Mao.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:47 pm

If you're needing to use Ore for it, I don't recommend doing Artifact Crafting right now. Crafting Ore into Gold/Silver costs a good amount of silver coins. In the higher level regions, the normal quests will both reward you directly with Gold and Silver to skip needing to process Ore into them, as well as occasionally outright giving you Gold and Silver Twine, so that makes crafting Artifacts much cheaper.

If you didn't get any awesome gear with your six star crafts, don't be afraid to try to fuse a couple of the worse items into a seven star item (preferably on a Weapon Bonus Day, Tuesday/Friday/Sunday, Eastern Time Zone). The seven star items are the ones that have a chance of being truly game-changing. Many of them aren't, but some of them are. You're at a point where just the pure stats of items are important too, but getting a Chain Attack sword or a Penetrating Attack spear is still going to change how you play and open up new avenues for you, if you are so lucky.

Weapon/Armour/Accessory crafting permits are only used for actual equipment post-level 60, to get to your final level 80 promotion. They're crafting materials just like Ore and Wood and Twine, used in exactly the same way. Once you have a character over level 60 and you go to craft that character's level 63 equipment upgrade, you'll first see the permits there in the crafting menu, as that's the earliest they're needed. Despite the name similarity, they aren't used like the Artifact Crafting Permits, which create Artifacts out of nothing (and twine). They're just components for upgrading equipment.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:03 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:If you're needing to use Ore for it, I don't recommend doing Artifact Crafting right now.

OK!

If you didn't get any awesome gear with your six star crafts, don't be afraid to try to fuse a couple of the worse items into a seven star item (preferably on a Weapon Bonus Day, Tuesday/Friday/Sunday, Eastern Time Zone). The seven star items are the ones that have a chance of being truly game-changing. Many of them aren't, but some of them are. You're at a point where just the pure stats of items are important too, but getting a Chain Attack sword or a Penetrating Attack spear is still going to change how you play and open up new avenues for you, if you are so lucky.

Well I did get a solid crossbow for one of my (haha...) mains, Li Dian. The other stuff won't help with Annihilation, but the HP belt is good for questing, for the time being.

Weapon/Armour/Accessory crafting permits are only used for actual equipment post-level 60, to get to your final level 80 promotion.

*facepalms* Now it makes sense. Thanks.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games