Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:27 am

Arumi wrote:Nowaday Nexon offers Xu Shu packages (3 times) with 9,99$ for 80 level ticket. I consider to buy one for Zhuge Liang.

Nexon even offer one time package which includes a lev 99 ticket, sound really good as it will save up a month grinding and a lot of silver for upgrading :D

I'm at level 69, one more day and to the milestone where I do not need to pay attention on the map anymore hehe. My Hao Zhao is almost done upgrading, only one time for armor and one time for accessory. But it costs a lot now (3.6 mil. for armor and 3 mil. for accessory) when my stock pile is limited to 2mil. silver only T_T.

Just thought about this. You're talking about purchasing packages with real money and things. There is a merger with older servers set to happen at some point in the near future, and nobody knows how this is going to affect the game. So I would suggest that you hold off on buying any packages that are over whatever is your "disposal income for mobile games" limit until it is at the very least announced how players are going to be compensated for the merger. You can still build up your Annihilation team of course, just don't worry about fast-tracking for now, the compensation may end up being poor compared to the expected increase in difficulty.

It's up to you of course, but it's food for thought.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Arumi » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:18 am

Zyzyfer wrote:Just thought about this. You're talking about purchasing packages with real money and things. There is a merger with older servers set to happen at some point in the near future, and nobody knows how this is going to affect the game. So I would suggest that you hold off on buying any packages that are over whatever is your "disposal income for mobile games" limit until it is at the very least announced how players are going to be compensated for the merger. You can still build up your Annihilation team of course, just don't worry about fast-tracking for now, the compensation may end up being poor compared to the expected increase in difficulty.

Sure Zyzy, thank you for your valuable advice :D I'm hearing complaints everywhere about the server merging, it's look like we have to compete with players who are more than 01 years ahead of us :D

I'm now at lev 75 warlord, with lv.99 Hao Zhao and a lv.80 team of Diao Chan, Cao Cao, Zhuge Liang, Zhang Liao. With that merging server in mind I will take a slower pace.

For the Azure Dragon pieces I receipt and convert to Azure artifact, how to combine 1* Azure to higher level, or it's not possible to do that, in combining tab I can only select the 3* and above :( And I still do not equip any to any general, because I read somewhere that you can not change them later.
Arumi
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:08 am

Arumi wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:Just thought about this. You're talking about purchasing packages with real money and things. There is a merger with older servers set to happen at some point in the near future, and nobody knows how this is going to affect the game. So I would suggest that you hold off on buying any packages that are over whatever is your "disposal income for mobile games" limit until it is at the very least announced how players are going to be compensated for the merger. You can still build up your Annihilation team of course, just don't worry about fast-tracking for now, the compensation may end up being poor compared to the expected increase in difficulty.

Sure Zyzy, thank you for your valuable advice :D I'm hearing complaints everywhere about the server merging, it's look like we have to compete with players who are more than 01 years ahead of us :D

I'm now at lev 75 warlord, with lv.99 Hao Zhao and a lv.80 team of Diao Chan, Cao Cao, Zhuge Liang, Zhang Liao. With that merging server in mind I will take a slower pace.

For the Azure Dragon pieces I receipt and convert to Azure artifact, how to combine 1* Azure to higher level, or it's not possible to do that, in combining tab I can only select the 3* and above :( And I still do not equip any to any general, because I read somewhere that you can not change them later.

Yeah you can't make the 1* stuff a higher level, just disassemble to get a few souls or whatever back.

Edit: I should add that, from my experience the relics are a classic late-game add-on in these sorts of games. They're powerful enough to make players want to collect them, but hard enough to get that top players will fork out more cash to get them faster and stay ahead, while casual players will never really get to make much use of them. So my point is that they will basically only differentiate the elite players from the second tier gang, and are kind of irrelevant for us down in the trenches.

I equipped one 1* relic on Taishi Ci and have been unable to remove it so yeah, try to hold out on equipping until you are pretty confident you want to put it on that commander. It's annoying in my case because it's some very terrible lifesteal effect, which basically means whenever I attack, the lifesteal is too low so I get an extra "miss!" graphic that causes a bit of lag. :evil:
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Arumi » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:10 am

How are you guys doing?

I'm consider trying Lu Meng as his passives are very impressive (MP Attack, Double Attack, Continue Attack after Kills). The only concern is I do not have any weapon for him. It's look like he uses a special kind of weapon like Lu Xun :( And anything interesting for Lu Xun, I use the 60 lv. ticket on him and later realize I even do not have weapon to equip :D
Arumi
Tyro

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:48 pm

Lu Meng is a strong character. The ideal weapon for him would be an Atk Switch Legendary Sword, but with his passives as good as they are, he can get by with a lesser weapon. Other key artifacts for him would include the +% Physical Accuracy accessory, while a Double Tactics Legendary Sword would help him supplement his strong attacks with some tactics too.

Lu Xun is a poor character, I don't recommend doing anything with him. Zhou Yu is a better Peerless character than Lu Xun. There is no Leading Attack Legendary Sword available, so the only melee Marine I'd focus on is Lu Meng because he's the only one with a Leading Attack passive.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:59 pm

Arumi wrote:How are you guys doing?

Trying to get through Zhang Fei's extreme mode story for that gold reward, so between that and daily maintenance, not much of note is going on. I'm thinking about taking Deng Ai to 99 once I've managed to clear Zhang Fei's story.

I'm consider trying Lu Meng as his passives are very impressive (MP Attack, Double Attack, Continue Attack after Kills). The only concern is I do not have any weapon for him. It's look like he uses a special kind of weapon like Lu Xun :( And anything interesting for Lu Xun, I use the 60 lv. ticket on him and later realize I even do not have weapon to equip :D

Yes Lu Meng has very good passives. I have the attack switch sword that Xiahou Mao mentioned but for now it is (sort of uselessly) sitting on Zhou Yu. Which actually, Zhou Yu is terrible for this week's Annihilation map otherwise, so he is physically attacking a bit more than he was last week. (I'll probably swap him out for Huang Zhong/Taishi Ci.)

Yep so Lu Xun. Good news is your hero is ready to go for Lu Xun story mode. :wink: (It's kind of fun, but his extreme mode has the typical bottlenecks, and three-sealing his last extreme mode mission is a phone-throwing nightmare)
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:11 am

I had to get Chen Gui and the two Spearmen up to level 50-55 to be able to clear Zhang Fei's second extreme stage, which was a pain. Hopefully I can just power through the later ones with a beefy Zhang Fei. I don't really care about three sealing everything, just getting the gold from the event.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:31 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:I had to get Chen Gui and the two Spearmen up to level 50-55 to be able to clear Zhang Fei's second extreme stage, which was a pain.

I managed to clear that one (Xuzhou right?) with the fighter (Ho Gong) at 60, spearman (Chen Dao??) at 60, Jian Yong at 40, Chen Gui at 38 or so, and Zhang Fei at 40. But it was ugly.

Hopefully I can just power through the later ones with a beefy Zhang Fei. I don't really care about three sealing everything, just getting the gold from the event.

Yeah I might go back later and three seal, but just focused on clearing for now.

I'm not sure if Zhang Fei is enough. I am currently stuck on the Gong Zhi mission, in my first attempt Zhang Bao died and I lost, and on my second attempt Shamoke got smoked. If you find that Desperate Attack allows Zhang Fei to sweep everything else, do let me know :wink:

In the meantime I am back to running morning story mode training quests...

Edit: Just "amusing" more than anything, but I am trying to auto-clear one last story mode with Zhang Jue's "Proclamation" stage for my daily reward and the game is being obtuse about it. First attempt, I don't pay enough attention and Zhang Jue stands still at the last part, causing a loss by turns. I retry, and he somehow kills someone - you'd have to actively target an enemy with multiple casters' spells to achieve this. PITA. :x
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:22 am

You're going to need a stronger Zhang Fei, unless you have someone else who can carry him. The last few story stages will have level 70+ enemies at minimum.

Desperate Attack is really strong, though you buying it just so you can get 2000 gold from finishing a story isn't a good investment, unless you intend to 99 Zhang Fei down the road, something I couldn't recommend without a Leading/Deadly/Chain Spear. It is fun, though, to move Zhang Fei into the middle of a group of enemies, attack once, and watch them all die...
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:33 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:You're going to need a stronger Zhang Fei, unless you have someone else who can carry him. The last few story stages will have level 70+ enemies at minimum.

Desperate Attack is really strong, though you buying it just so you can get 2000 gold from finishing a story isn't a good investment, unless you intend to 99 Zhang Fei down the road, something I couldn't recommend without a Leading/Deadly/Chain Spear. It is fun, though, to move Zhang Fei into the middle of a group of enemies, attack once, and watch them all die...

Well my levels have gone up since then :wink:

Zhang Fei is currently 60 and I am taking most of the others on up to that point. My hope is that with pouches, 60 should be enough to simply clear extreme. And I did three-seal Yan Baihu extreme mode with a level 40 Yan Baihu and Yan Yu, so yeah :wink:

If I still stall out though, I have some jade built up to fast forward Zhang Fei through his upgrades to go to 80, if necessary.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games