Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:49 pm

Sagacious Dao would mostly be used for the counters, I think, given that Zhou Yu's poor accuracy and the inability to have defensive traits (you have the Kirin Robe on, can't use anti-crit/double attack armour) making initiating attacks risky. But you're the one with the Sagacious Dao, I don't have one. ;)

If it matters, getting the Flurry Sword for Zhou Yu would let you put that Sagacious Dao on Lu Meng somewhere down the road, giving you two Marines with different sets of gear to help dominate the water map. But given the gold costs associated with Lu Meng, that's a long-term goal!
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:13 am

Well in the end I went ahead and got a Flurry Sword. Zhou Yu can swap between them as I feel is needed, and both swords are useful so I can hold on to them indefinitely.

Doing alliance Azure Dragon now. Haha my team is so pathetic. :lol:

Edit: I did 2751 damage. 8-) :cry:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:00 am

That's more than several people managed! So don't feel bad. ;)

It's a stronger one, comparable to the personal Master level. That's two tiers above what you normally fight...
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:29 am

Quick question - should I raise Zhou Yu's luck? I am aware that it is supposed to help with spell aiming but will it make a significant difference?

Edit: I've still got a few crap artifacts rattling around for weapons day fusing. Got the +35% earth tactics book(Yin Bo Yang Bo). Not gonna convert it because everyone loves Tectonic, but enough with the mage accessory books! :lol:
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:35 am

+35% will be a key item for Zhuge Liang, who can use his Ignore Tactics Terrain to drop rocks everywhere. He'll still want a White Crane Fan to be at his full potential, but even without that, my Zhuge Liang is a big contributor to the Azure Dragon fight. His single-hit Tectonic does as much damage as my Cai Yan's Double Tactics water attacks, even with her having the Imperial Seal for guaranteed criticals.

As for Zhou Yu's luck, I'd raise it, yes. 110 is the soft cap, so bringing it up to there will help his tactics accuracy. It'll only be a few percentage points, but every bit helps. I'm sure you've seen enough bad misses that you realize that you want as much accuracy as you can get. Going over 110 probably isn't necessary right now, it's more advantageous for you to raise many characters to the soft cap instead of pushing one or two all the way over it to the max for diminishing returns.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:07 am

Some new fuse results

Brilliant Sword - Surprise Attack sword (reviews say this pairs well with Dapple??)
Ruyi Jingu Bang - Expand Attack Range staff (this seems like fuse fodder among staffs??)
Heart Sutra - (why do I keep getting this haha)

I also converted an old 7* staff I had which the Ruyi thing will replace short-term, and got a Five Ming Fan (20% MP saving). Not sure if it's useful, but it has 90 Wisdom which sounds good. And the Heart Sutra doesn't have any new uses since the raids opened, does it?
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:29 am

I don't know off the top of my head what the Heart Sutra does, I'm not sure I've ever had that one!

The Brilliant Sword would fit okay on characters like Gan Ning or Liu Bei who can already make two attacks in a turn, but it's not the best in slot for them. Increased accuracy is always a good thing, but it usually pales in comparison to extra attacks via Reversal/Penetrating or the defensive application of First Strike on Gan Ning. So it's a weapon I'd probably keep around to use here and there, but I wouldn't upgrade it past +7.

Expand Range is another thing that's kind of fun, but usually pales next to better weapons. It'll work fine on Diaochan if you don't have anything better for her, but characters like Dian Wei and Wei Yan and Shamoke want extra attacks, which it doesn't offer. If you have something better than Expand Range already for Diaochan, then you should be able to fuse that staff safely.

The MP Saving fan isn't a great effect either, but there's only a handful of seven star fans in the game, so you might want to hold onto it for that. The White Crane Fan and Black Feather Fan are both better, as is the six star Parasol whose name I forget but gives +15% Tactics Accuracy. In the absence of those, you can hold onto that fan and make use of it, but again, don't take it past +7.

I got a Kongming Hat on my lone fuse today, which I actually wanted for my raid lineup to fuel Zhou Yu's MP recovery, letting me equip a damaging accessory on him and have others regen his MP. Now I need to wait before I fuse again, since I'm also trying to promote Han Xin and that takes a lot of silver. ;) I kind of want to see what Zhou Yu + Han Xin looks like in this week's map.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:36 am

I got into the 400s range in Annihilation and then suddenly hit a roadblock, as most of the teams started to be very water-friendly. So I imagine Han Xin will go a long way!

Heart Sutra reduces AOE damage from tactics by 70%. In the reviews there was a comment about it helping with the four gods raids, but it didn't go into detail. For the record, the first time I got it, I believe you suggested fusing, and then I got it another time and didn't even mention it and fused immediately.

I can see the expanded range staff helping Diaochan out in the mid-term but the catch there is that her current staff (the confuse one) is +7. Confuse isn't the best, but that's a big damage difference, so I'd have to enhance the new one a few levels for it to be comparable.

Edit: Two last fuses, I got a Fixed Crossbow (Deadly Attack). I don't have any crossbow commanders trained up besides Li Dian, but yay? Also got a Gold Mystic Mace which has Silence Attack... :x
Last edited by Zyzyfer on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:32 am

Okay, I'm not sure if Heart Sutra works in the Four Gods raids. There definitely is AoE tactics damage there, but I'm not sure if Four Gods tactics ignore it (the description of Heart Sutra should say), and even if it does, it's only going to protect the single character equipping it. So I probably wouldn't rank it as high priority.

It might be something to ask in the Discord channel, though. Some of the others may know better than me!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:50 am

I checked again and the description specifically says that it doesn't protect against four gods tactics.

So it looks like, between that item and the silence stick, I have two 7* items to convert.

re: Discord - has it been fixed so that I can stay logged in yet?
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games