Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:38 am

That it is! But I'm quite happy because some of those mid-teens stages can be really brutal. Not having to actively do them will save me some huge headaches in the short term.

Xun Yu has also finished all of his upgrades and I am just waiting for enough silver to promote him. I may also train him normally up to 99 instead of just tossing jade at the problem, since I already essentially have a "99 team".

Despite Xun Yu being just about ready to go, Sima Yi and Hao Zhao are shining in this week's Annihilation stage. (Xun Yu lacks wind spells so I went with Sima Yi until his upgrades are done)

Edit: Oh your comment about the artifacts reminded me I had enough to collect. I got an interesting 6* robe, it gives an all def rate boost of +10%. Might have to give that a spin with Hao Zhao......?
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:33 pm

If it's a robe, Hao Zhao shouldn't be able to wear it. The heavy armour version is good on him, though. The seven star version is a 20% boost, which is quite nice. I have the medium version of it which I gave to Diaochan, and just made a +12 item last night, so she's now quite sturdy and evasive with it!
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Yeah I got it mixed up, it's a mefium robe, still a handy new armor for Diaochan or Taishi Ci

Xun Yu is promoted and unlocked his accuracy boost and fire boost passives. Need a bit more gold for double tactics but after that I should be good to go. His Wisdom with the robe and buff is already over 1000 so that's nice.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:23 pm

I got a Phoenix Spear today. Chain Attack! Which, of course, means I instantly recruited Wang Yi and am now grinding her levels all the way to the maximum. This is why I sit on stores of tens of thousands of gold, so I can grab an ideal character once a strong artifact pops up. ;)
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:53 am

I haven't really gotten any new artifacts of note since that robe. I did craft a bunch the other week for an alliance event, and am waiting for a fusing one to go ahead and see what I get, but for now that is a bit of a dry spell.

Side note, my alliance sucks :( But I am afraid to leave because my contributions are finally OK, I don't want to start all over again. Still, we are usually only able to finish 3 of the easier alliance missions each week.

Now that the battlefield is grasslands instead of ice, I went ahead and tossed Xun Yu some jade to take him from 88 to 99 and unlock his double tactics passive. I haven't figured out who to swap out in his place this week, every one of my 99s is happy on grasslands, with my two cornerstones in Hao Zhao and Diaochan actually being the "weak links" this week.

I've actually been really careful with my gold, only spending bits to undo turns every so often, but getting a squad of 99s up and running isn't cheap! I will probably start considering unlocking Gan Ning for down the road, I think I have most of what I need to recruit him...
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:43 am

The Scholars alliance recruitment drive is sadly non-existent. It's a self-defeating circle, can't grow and no-one is helping it grow so it stays dead.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm probably being even more stingy with my gold than you are, because after buying Wang Yi and getting her up and running (silver coins has been the impediment there more than anything else), I'm going to have a little under 40k gold left over. That's enough to outfit another 1-2 characters at level 99 if I am so inclined!

You should enjoy your Xun Yu, both on this map and on any other. Try to keep him out of enemy range with his Mental Exhaustion effect, be wary of enemies using Charge Move horses to bypass your front lines. Use Crimson Lotus Shot against high-Wis targets or really tanky sorts that you can't one-shot with other spells, and use normal fire spells against everything else!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Xiahou Mao wrote:I'm probably being even more stingy with my gold than you are...

Well you do have a few months on me :wink:

You should enjoy your Xun Yu, both on this map and on any other. Try to keep him out of enemy range with his Mental Exhaustion effect, be wary of enemies using Charge Move horses to bypass your front lines. Use Crimson Lotus Shot against high-Wis targets or really tanky sorts that you can't one-shot with other spells, and use normal fire spells against everything else!

Yes he's been fun, although I still run into plenty of teams that ROFLstomp me, even when I feel like I am pretty low on the totem pole (like less than 1100 points; I am starting to think some insane players run alt "gateway" accounts or something). Still, it's nice having a little variety, I've had mainly physical attackers all this time.

I did mean to ask though, what the deal with Crimson Lotus Shot? I did notice it demolishing some mages. So it does something akin to flat damage?

-----

Now I am trying to finalize my healer situation. I gave up on Liu He, she sucks and I don't know why she gets any positive reviews because if your team is expensive enough, she still won't fit. I was debating between keeping Xun You at 80, or taking Man Chong to 99, and decided to go with Man Chong. He seems overall tankier and I think those powerful buffs are more useful in Annihilation than raw healing. Plus I think his passives, while not necessary, are a bit more versatile (Imitate Tactics?!?) I still have time to abandon ship though, if I am overlooking something...
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:20 am

Crimson Lotus Shot's damage formula is weaker than most other tactics, but it has the unique effect of ignoring the target's Wisdom score when calculating damage. This makes it the attack tactic of choice against high-Wis targets, like other tacticians/sages/marines/etc. The Burn status effect it inflicts does 10% max HP damage each turn, and also reduces the target's Defense score by 30%, so it's got practical application against physical characters too, though if you can just wipe them out entirely with another spell that's a better solution.

People use Liu He just because she's 4 cost. There's other healers at 4 cost who might be better than her, but she's the only female one, so there's that.

Man Chong to 99 is a legitimate choice if you have room for him in your team. His cost is 1 lower than Xun You (who is the highest cost healer in the game, and yet offers no redeeming qualities to make up for his cost, unlike his fellow base cost 8 healer Chen Qun, who's awesome), but his Imitate Tactics is almost unique (Xiaoqiao as a healer has it too), giving him a lot of versatility. You should never expect a healer to be able to equal a tactician or sage damage with attack tactics, but there's still definite utility to being able to imitate, whether it's tossing a Crimson Lotus Shot to inflict Burn or having a way to finish off a Lu Bu or Young Dad at range to get rid of their last 100 HP before they get their turn and go on a killing spree.

With that said, the other options for you as healer would be Chen Qun, who's got far and away the best passives for a healer but costs a ton of gold to get them (and him), or Sun Qian, whose cost is only 1 point higher than Liu He (base cost 5), but who has very high stats for a healer regardless of cost, and good passives. He also costs gold, but it's a small amount, only 2000-ish. If you like the idea of a low cost healer but don't want a low cost healer who sucks statistically, Sun Qian is your guy.

Also, if you pick Sun Qian, you get to hear him say "I prefer advisor over *ahem* errand boy" when you select him.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:12 am

Man Chong works out on certain iterations of the current team. I can't doublecheck right now due to maintenance, but I believe that the 99s team of Hao Zhao - Diaochan - Huang Zhong - Xun Yu - Man Chong hits exactly 99 points.

I should have figured you'd suggest Chen Qun. He might be a feasible option in the long term but in the near term, Man Chong is already 80, and I don't even necessarily need to unlock his passives since I have been using a basic level 80 Xun You as my healer for months now. Plus I don't think there is any iteration of my current 99s where Liu He will fit in perfectly, she is either too cheap, or I just flat out couldn't afford a healer at all. The problem right now is that one slot basically has to go to someone with a cost of 23 points (HZ or Taishi), so I am kinda sporked there.

I'll have to look at Sun Qian and Chen Qun more closely before I continue with Man Chong, though.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games