Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:48 am

I have a Leading Attack crossbow now! I shall hold onto it for the special Han banner that will come eventually, along with a new Crossbow Chariot unit. In the meantime, I could train up Zhang Ren, but he's still kind of niche.

Your level 80 unscrolled Sima Yi having that much Wisdom, more than my level 99 scrolled Cai Yan, makes me sad, for the record. That's why I want that robe!
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:40 am

I realized that it's an unscrolled and base level 80 Sima Yi, but he did cast Concentrate to boost his wisdom haha.

Powered through Zhao Yun's story last night because our alliance quest was one of his missions in standard mode. But of course, the difficulty level spikes dramatically in the mission immediately before it. I basically breezed through everything despite low levels, even three-sealing most of them, then hit that mission where he has to fend off Cao Zhen and had to get creative. I can't even beat the mission after that with only story artifacts, I just get slapped around!

Heading to Shanghai tomorrow for vacation so will not be as active.

Edit: OK I have a question about the "Reach" set of passives. The "within 8 tiles of this unit" means those tiles immediately bordering the unit, right? It's not extending out in 8 tiles in each direction, is it? I never actually unlocked a third gold passive for Diao Chan because the other two big ones haven't seemed as necessary in the race to make a 99s team. But now I realized that the silver passives also have gold versions and she has a 15% confuse one which *might* stack with her 35% stun stick? If that means 50% chance at confusion plus her Leading Attack, that actually doesn't sound half bad to pick up. But if her Reach Concentrate covers some massive swath of tiles, that could maybe have its advantages as well...?

The Reach stuff doesn't really sound all that awesome though.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:59 am

I've had that Zhao Yun mission for my alliance in the past. In order to finish it, I made use of the consumables that change your attack AoE, giving Zhao Yun one that makes his attack affect a 3x3 square, then let him slaughter the enemy army by counterattacking up to nine enemies at once whenever someone swings at him. It should be easier for you now with the new Wheat bag consumable from the 200 days celebration that counts as a story artifact.

Reach effects are only adjacent tiles, correct. The 15% confusion will stack with her 35% confusion weapon. I use Reach Concentrate because I don't have a 35% confusion weapon (and if I did I'd keep using my Penetrating Attack weapon anyway) and it lets me start Annihilation battles off by giving my Lu Bu that attack buff, increasing my offensive output and letting my healer and Diaochan herself buff other characters instead on turn one. Is it vital? No, it's not, and you're not making a mistake if you decide to get the confusion effect instead. I just prefer effects I know will work rather than depending on RNG.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:32 am

Yeah if I had a better weapon effect then it wouldn't be up for debate for me, but I haven't had any luck with getting a better weapon for her so far.

I thought about using that consumable but will train the rest of the team up a bit and give it another crack. My alliance members don't do the story alliance quests anyway so it's no big deal if I fail..
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:12 am

Remember, you can buy limitless Wheat (and other healing items) from the market in the game. Using the various bags to heal your characters in story mode (and Trial of the Gates!) is quite effective as a result.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby knightofhonnor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Decided to download this game the other day to see what it was like. I'm currently level 10 and I'm surprised by how much I like this game, considering it's a mobile game.
All the new stages/stories combined with the updated soundtrack and graphics are so far making me want to say that this is one of the best remakes I've played in a while!
I have the great and magical power to kill any thread I wish, merely by commenting. Do you have such power? I thought not.
knightofhonnor
Tyro

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:09 pm

It's good to hear you're enjoying yourself! If you have questions about good characters to use, how to handle certain modes or build up resources, feel free to ask here.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:44 am

knightofhonnor wrote:Decided to download this game the other day to see what it was like. I'm currently level 10 and I'm surprised by how much I like this game, considering it's a mobile game.
All the new stages/stories combined with the updated soundtrack and graphics are so far making me want to say that this is one of the best remakes I've played in a while!

It's an interesting game. You have the original game, a simplistic "take over the map" game, a PvP game, and some bonus stories that play out like the original game. I find that different parts take over at different points as you progress through. My only real regret is that once you complete the take over the map stuff, you can't lose cities any longer so that part is basically done for good. I would kind of like to go back and smash some people, practice lets you do that but there is nothing at stake there.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:53 am

I finally can auto-clear up to gate 18! What a relief.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:15 am

Very nice! That's a lot of free artifact pieces each week.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games