Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:15 am

If your Cao Cao is having issues like that, it's likely related to terrain advantage. The last few maps haven't been very good for Warlord classes. When the Castle and Grassland maps roll around again, your Cao Cao will start to do better.

In last week's Mountains match, there were a couple of Plains slots right in the middle of the mountain that Cao Cao and other Warlords (and Taishi Ci, too) do well to move to. Keep an eye on the terrain in the Annihilation maps, and feel free to check the "Terrain Info" button that lists the % boosts and penalties for each tile and each unit type present. It only applies to physical attack and physical defense stats, though, so tacticians largely don't care!
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:01 am

Well I also never upgraded Cao Cao after 63 so that probably didn't help, too. Still see him on countless opponent teams though!

Ran another round of Annihilation after making a few adjustments and went 4-1 this time. I also encountered an Azure Dragon Zhang Jue, it felt like he cast his spell like 50 times in one turn??? I couldn't really tell what was going on since it was my first encounter with the spell, but he wiped out Hao Zhao with two casts (fortunately for me, Hao Zhao's job was done by that point).
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:53 am

Azure Dragon, the Four Gods spell for the Sage, is an area effect spell that hits opponents within range five times. If only one character is within range of it, then that character gets hit five times, which is rather dangerous. Since Zhang Jue has Double Tactics, he'll cast it twice and thus hit the opponent(s) within range ten times, but Hao Zhao will take minimum damage from the second casting due to his immunity. That might still be enough to kill him, because Annihilation formations often boost minimum damage, so five hits of 30 damage each is still 150 damage, even if that's much less than the normal five hits of 180 each for 900 damage.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:36 am

lol at all of the notifications of players spamming their artifacts up to level 12. I've hesitantly looked at it but am afraid to do something wrong and ruin a good artifact.

Azure Dragon is pretty nuts then, since Hao Zhao was up front, then yes, it smacked him 10 times, which explains the fireworks.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Azure Dragon, like most of the other Four Gods tactics, does require specific weather to cast. The current Annihilation map is the most likely to get the required rainy (or cloudy?) weather, so you might see more Sages than normal. The fire Four Gods tactic, Vermillion Bird, can only be cast during sunny weather, and does a 9 tile square AoE with damage equivalent to the strongest single-target fire spell.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:45 am

Since I have nothing interesting to report right now, I'll ask about a few passives that are unclear to me.

Four Gods - What does this passive do, specifically? I suddenly imagined spamming a sage party. I doubt I will but it did make me curious if one could run a party with double Azure Dragon casters, as an example. I haven't decided to take any casters past 80 yet because I lack good artifacts for doing so at this time.

Imitate Tactics - Does this let you mimic enemy tactics? The description seems to state that it doesn't.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:54 pm

The Four Gods passive allows the character it's equipped on to use his/her Four Gods tactic, which is typically unlocked at level 81. The Four Gods tactics are Vermillion Bird (Tactician), Azure Dragon (Sage), Black Tortoise (Taoist) and White Tiger (Geomancer). Except for White Tiger, all Four Gods tactics require a certain weather in order to be able to be cast, as opposed to normal tactics which require the target to be on a certain terrain. They tend to be quite powerful, and many passives/equipment abilities that reduce tactics damage will not reduce the damage of Four Gods tactics.

Story Mode will give artifacts that can allow the use of Four Gods tactics as well. For characters like Zhuge Liang, this is the only way they'll be able to access their Four Gods tactic.

Imitate Tactics does let you mimic enemy tactics. You can use the tactics of any adjacent unit with two exceptions: You cannot imitate Four Gods tactics, and you cannot imitate Swordsman tactics as they don't consume MP.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Thanks, got it.

I went ahead and trained Hao Zhao and Diaochan up to 99 so they are all done and now I am trying to figure out what to do with that 7* Deadly Attack bow I have. Yu Jin does OK with it, but after looking at his passives for a while, it's not really optimal with him, so I looked at the other archers and mounted archers to try and find his eventual replacement. Curious about opinions on some of these peeps:

Liu Gong - Actually he seems like the only archer that really falls under what I am looking for. Most of them have passives for double attacks and stuff. His stats are a little on the low side but he has the right passives. He is also already level 79 so has a big head start.

Huang Zhong - I assume he costs gold. Deadly Attack seems perfect on him given his passives, though. And I don't have a good armor for the mounted guys yet. Does armor really matter for this guy? I heard he is also quite tanky.

Sun Shangxiang - I got the impression she is a crit monster. And costs gold haha. Do crits and Deadly Attack get along?

Zhang He - He seems fine in a no-nonsense way? But not optimal? Plus he is already level 60.

Then there are guys like Wen Hu and Xu Sheng (or was it Chen Wu?) who stood out but they never get talked about.

It's also worth noting that I am not writing Yu Jin off entirely, he is just built for double attacks so I can give him my 6* bow that reduces stats (I have 2 actually) and unlock his leading attack and raw damage boost passives, and replace Taishi Ci who does not hit hard at all against the current opponents I am facing.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:16 pm

Liu Gong is a potent archer despite his cost, though he benefits more from Leading Attack than Deadly Attack, I think. Huang Zhong does not cost gold, but has a very high deployment cost. He's a very strong character, and his Expand AoE passive is mostly-unique (along with Wen Yang) in that it lets him hit three enemies in a row rather than just two. He's not especially tanky. For SSX, crits and Deadly Attack do get along, but she does cost gold. And Zhang He is pretty unremarkable.

Guan Suo and Ma Yunlu are other horse archers of note, but I believe they both have Leading Attack and thus aren't compatible with the bow.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:33 am

Since Yu Jin has leading attack and is already level 80 minus a few upgrades, I think he can take on that role since he's got so much invested in him already. I haven't unlocked any of his gold passives but he's been on pretty much every iteration of my team.

I actually really like archers despite them being too squishy, I always like ranged units and having two of those apricot bows that reduce stats from very early on meant Yu Jin and Liu Gong saw a lot of use (not in Annihilation, necessarily).

I kind of get the impression you might be implying I convert the deadly attack bow based on the way you responded, haha. I went ahead and picked up Huang Zhong, it'll be a little while before I can gather the gold to unlock all of his passives though so I will be training him up manually. Since Taishi Ci is also expensive to deploy and doesn't really stand out any longer (and won't until some nice equipment comes along or I take him to 99, he is doing plink damage right now), I think Huang Zhong is going to fill in for him eventually, and I'll unlock leading attack and that damage boost on Yu Jin down the road.

Edit: One thing I hadn't thought much about until just now. One problem I have with mounted archers is that they are weak to archers, but archers. If that makes any sense. Plus they have totally different terrain stuff going on. So I wonder, outside of Liu Gong and Yu Jin, are there any other real stand-out archers that have passives to make them one-hit wonders? I'd like to be able to swap Huang Zhong and a normal archer when terrain calls for it.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games