Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:58 pm

3 to 80 was bonus permits, I believe. Yep, 2x Weapon/Armour/Accessory Crafting Permits and a million rations.

Your main benefits from Taishi Ci might be a while off, because the current Annihilation desert map isn't really good for cavalry units. Depending on your army layout and your opponents, consider waiting on the wasteland tiles and letting them come to you over the desert, so you can get a terrain advantage. Of course, if you have units that have an advantage on desert like Outlaws or Soldiers (hi, Dian Wei!), then you can be a bit more aggressive.

And don't forget to take advantage of the current events! Plenty of Permits rewards you for doing what you should already be doing, the Daily Missions, while Noble Quest should help you with leveling some cavalry units.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:23 am

Yep my Noble Quest stuff is almost done, I am at like...325 of 400 right now. Though I did ignore that tab for a while. So who knows what I missed out on!

Edit: And I guess that means I'll be promoting Xu Chu very soon for use in these desert battles, I was contemplating asking how hands on you are with Annihilation battles, like do you have cavalry killer teams, teams for different terrain, etc. To be honest I just auto battle my daily 5 still, for the moment.

My battle record is 80W - 145L :lol:

Edit 2: OK what the hell is up with the Taishi Ci story? The 3rd level is ridiculous; I lost twice because Liu Yao has a death wish. Can't figure out how I am supposed to beat it with just 3 officers. By the time I take out Wu Jing, Yue Jiu's men have headed down and Liu Yao gets slapped around by them instead. Quests like this in games are so frustrating...

Edit 3: Cleared Taishi's third stage, boo to the solution...
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:52 pm

I didn't worry too much about terrain at first for Annihilation, I just promoted who would be my best officers to 99. In my case, that wound up being Liu Bei, Deng Ai, Cai Yan and Hao Zhao (my healer, Man Chong, stayed at level 80 because healers aren't as important). From there I started to branch out and add more characters, based on what artifacts I was getting more than terrain. Lu Bu was added to take Deng Ai's place once I got the Heroic Axe. Chen Qun was leveled to 99 and brought in to replace Man Chong as healer. Zhuge Liang and Diaochan have been made 99 too since then, with Diaochan swapping in for Liu Bei now on the current desert map. Xiahou Mao is currently slated to be next to 99 because he's awesome. Wu Anguo should be next to fill that outlaw role, and then beyond that it depends on what other artifacts pop up. Having some kind of naval commander will help for the river battle, but right now I don't have any artifacts that scream out "make Zhou Yu 99" or "spend the gold for Gan Ning".

I currently don't even have the Taishi Ci story as I haven't finished Xiahou Yuan's yet, so I can't give a lot of advice on it. ;) Maybe check the Chosen Officer banner? Often some Chosen Officer characters can be used in people's stories. It will be a little bit weird for you, though, since your Taishi Ci is level 80 and the other officers you have to use will decidedly not be level 80, so things will be easy for Taishi but rough on everyone else. Sometimes that's to your advantage if you can solo everything on one character. Other times, especially if you need to be in multiple spots at once, it can be rough!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:13 am

Oh I've unlocked all the "Chosen Officer" folks, though basically none of them are available for use at this point. It's 3 Yellow Turban officers, Chen Lin, and Xie Jing. And yeah Taishi is 80 and they are all 20 so the mooks end up at 23 and break the faces of my crappy 20s. That said, that particular battle is a bit weird, you have 3 guys, Liu Yao has a squad of about 5, and there are 5 outlaws north of you and 6-8 enemies under Wu Jing south of Liu Yao's squad. Liu Yao has a death wish and charges his men headfirst at everything, and everything charges at him as well, and since Liu Yao's defeat ends the level, it's a powder keg. Plus Taishi Ci has to duel Yue Jiu for a seal, so that complicates things.

I wish my artifacts would scream out at me to pick someone in particular. I am getting a nice collection of 6* stuff but everything is still so vital so I can't risk fusing. (Do 6* artifacts break sometimes when fusing?!?)
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:22 am

Fuses are always successful. Your two six star artifacts will always make a seven star artifact. The seven star artifact just won't always be a good one.

You can convert the seven star to try again, but that usually doesn't go well. There's a 5% chance that converting the seven star will make a new seven star for you, and a 25% chance that you'll convert it into two six stars (which will let you fuse again). But the biggest chance, at 70%, is for your seven star to turn into one six star and 15 Treasure Vouchers. Treasure Vouchers are nice, but it's a bit of a poor prize compared to being able to do another fuse, or just flat-out getting another hopefully better seven star.

Still, the seven star artifacts are where all the good stuff is. Six star (and even five star) artifacts are statistically similar, but only seven star artifacts have strong bonuses attached like Chain Attack or Penetrating Attack or Double Tactics. I keep a handful of six star artifacts around, including the +15% Accuracy fan because it's actually the strongest Accuracy fan there is, there is no seven star equivalent. But most six stars I get exist only to get fused into seven stars. And if I don't get anything good from them, I convert and try again once I get enough six stars to do so.

Until you start fusing those six stars, you're not likely to get an artifact that's going to scream at you to pick someone in particular. ;) I get that right now those artifacts are powering your characters, but there must be some that you can spare. Six star horses are good choices to fuse. You can get one star horses that give similar effects to six (and seven) star horses, and the stat boosts aren't that big on horses, so as long as you're keeping a few lower level horses for those effects, the better horses are good choices to fuse. As are other questionable items like Max HP/MP boosts.

Remember, you can swap artifacts around pretty freely. How many cavalry units do you deploy at once? Maybe four at most? So given that, you shouldn't need to have more than four spear weapons. If you wind up fielding Zhao Yun instead of Taishi Ci at some point, rather than Zhao Yun having his own devoted set of artifacts, you can just give him Taishi Ci's, and then swap the spear back afterwards.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:46 am

I do have a 6* horse and a bow with a really useless attached ability, actually a sword with a useless ability as well. But in both the bow and sword cases, I find myself putting them on someone for at least higher damage a bit too often to feel comfortable fusing yet. I was actually just about prepared to fuse some stuff a little bit back, basically as soon as I got another junky 6* item, but my last few 6* artifacts have been some solid armor items that are definitely getting put to good use. So I am a bit stuck at the moment. I of course get that I can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, but not quite ready to make that jump.

If fuses are always successful, what are those enhancement guards that you can get from silver quests for? ... Is my normal equipment going to start failing during upgrades at some point? (sorry if this has been explained before)
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:54 am

Enhancement Guards are for something that isn't in the game yet. Eventually you'll be able to boost artifacts further and add extra stuff onto them, and Enhancement Guards will prevent that attempt from failing. But right now, Fuses always succeed.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:08 am

OK, I haven't been too worried about silver quests lately so that's a short-term relief.

Regarding Annihilation, when I am choosing an opponent, is there no way to see the opponent's officers' levels/equipment/etc at all? I've tried clicking all sorts of things, but maybe I missed something, or maybe it's not possible to begin with.

Getting close to unification now, only have Sizhou left. I am on vacation next week so am hoping it's possible to knock that out before then, so I don't have to worry about attacks. Those outpost battles are getting tough though, although I'm not in love with him, I don't think it'd be possible to have pushed ahead without him rocking level 80.

Edit: Why is Cao Mao's unit so WEIRD
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:24 am

Cao Mao was an Emperor! So he gets an Emperor sprite. Liu Shan has one too!

As for enemy levels, there is no way to see them before you pick them. Things are usually sorted so that the 'weaker' enemy is to the right and the 'stronger' enemy to the left, but there's numerous factors involved in that decision, including Warlord level. If you see an enemy with an unusually low Warlord level to the right but they have strong-looking characters, be wary of them, they're probably a heavy spender whose play just hasn't caught up to it yet.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:45 am

Finally achieved unification!
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games