Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Xiahou Mao wrote:Dad

That took me way longer than it should have.

I currently have these:
Diaochan (50)
Zhang Jiao (40)
Dad (40)
Yu Jin (50)

So none are even level 60 yet, let alone 70+ for the really good passives. (Actually I have not let anyone go above 60 yet, though not on purpose...)

I am curious about your father's situation though, his name doesn't seem to come up much in these discussions?
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:05 am

Dad was pretty mediocre at the game launch. A recent patch went and redid some of his skills, so he has some more potent offensive power now. I imagine people are a bit slow to catch up on that, but with that said, he's still not as strong with the proper artifacts as, say, Wang Yi or Zhang Fei are.

Of course, they also added Young Dad into the game too. He's also very strong, but he costs a lot of gold so I recommend staying away from him for now.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:10 am

I am looking at your dad now and yeah, Enhanced Double Attack and Leading Attack both look like real solid passives. Not sure what to make of Good from Evil for Annihilation. Does it stack with Veteran???
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:37 am

Good From Evil and Veteran do stack, yes. Characters with both of them (Dad, Young Dad, Wu Anguo) get really really strong at low health. Good From Evil is nerfed in Annihilation, but it has to be because it's really strong. Even in its nerfed state, I can have low-health Hao Zhao pulling off the occasional 1v3 or even 1v4 in Annihilation just because he refuses to die.

The way to deal with those characters is to blast them with tactics when they're at low health to finish them off, or to hit them with overwhelming force to completely skip past the threshold where the stats increase an absurd amount.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:19 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:Even in its nerfed state, I can have low-health Hao Zhao pulling off the occasional 1v3 or even 1v4 in Annihilation just because he refuses to die.

Wow. Is it just really that strong or is it because it's Hao Zhao? I was debating whether to unlock it for other characters just to make them better generally, but going low health seems a bit tricky (unless the boosted stats just make that huge of a difference to turn you nearly invincible) and yeah...still get one-shotted constantly in Annihilation haha - probably time to promote those level 60s already!
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:01 pm

It works especially well on Hao Zhao because of his innately high Defense from being a Footman. When you take that high Defense and then add up 40% to it from being at 10% HP, enemies that might normally be dealing 150-200 damage to him might instead be dealing 30-50 damage. And every point of damage they deal makes his Defense go higher. And adding 40% to his Attack actually lets him hurt things, too. You get a similar effect with Dad and Young Dad when they get to stack Good From Evil with Veteran, except their attacks become even stronger.

Good From Evil isn't something you want to deliberately trigger, but it's something that when it triggers on its own through gameplay is helpful. And it's not always good on other characters. Using Dian Wei as an example, as a Soldier his Defense is already lower than most classes, so the boost he gets from it isn't going to be enough to save him from physical attacks. Instead, it helps him by making his Attack truly scary when he's lucky enough to survive at low HP, and also by increasing his Agi and thus his evasion when weak. It's annoying to face a Dian Wei who you suddenly only have a 40% chance to hit once his health gets really low, and knowing that if he hits you it's really going to hurt.

But the solution to all of this is tactics. Both Hao Zhao and Dian Wei are still vulnerable enough to tactics at low HP with Good From Evil that they can be taken out like that. A 40% boost to Wisdom won't save them from Cai Yan's Blaze or Zhuge Liang's Tectonic.

(edit) It looks like it's your lucky day, as they've handed out a big pile of rewards today from a Facebook event. With 5000 Jade Seals and a level 80 character boost, you've got a lot of freedom to pick a character to boost to a high level right away!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:46 pm

Am I doing something wrong, or is the standard "market" market just that useless, and will never have items that go beyond level 14?

My performance in this week's Annihilation is also pretty depressing despite trying to "optimize" my lineup, guess it's time to start promoting those level 60s...
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:05 pm

The standard market is useless, save for restocking on your consumables. The 'Commerce' one that you can upgrade in your research tree can have some more equipment in it, but the best stuff will be found from Peddlers. I think the highest I've gotten from Peddlers is level 35, though that's still quite rare.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Doudoune07 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:07 am

Valshier wrote:This was a big surprise announced alongside the first batch of RTK XIII screenshots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL2QHkzWpyk
http://gematsu.com/2015/05/romance-thre ... ps3-and-pccrédit

It looks to have a lot of interesting elements added with a big map and acquisition system and actually comes out this year.

This has my hopes up as the original was one of my favorite RTK games (thanks to the wonderful translation I found here by Lady Wu). I suppose I can only hope this gets a western localization and isn't full of the typical free to play cliches. I am worried about that last part, but it looks like this game actually keeps story elements which isn't typical of free to play games.

So cool :D
Doudoune07
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:23 am

Well I finally went ahead and cashed in my level 80 book from that recent event, I ended up using it on Taishi Ci. While I don't really have any great weapons specifically for him, with the way I'm recruiting, the time limit to use the book would be up before I got to the next useful officer.

I'm hoping that he buffs up my Annihilation performance a little bit, mid 60s still isn't cutting it. Which by the way, is there anything I should know when picking Annihilation opponents? I always go with the lowest points reward, which is not that useful.

Now I'm thinking I need to check the rewards for taking 3 officers to level 80, 5 to 60 ended up paying for itself but I was ignoring the 3 to 80 part of the event. Edit: ARGH IT ENDED :evil:
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games