Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon May 28, 2018 1:40 pm

The full name of the game is "Romance of the Three Kingdoms - Legend of Cao Cao". I would think searching for Legend of Cao Cao would work, but try Romance of the Three Kingdoms if it doesn't. The game is developed by Nexon and published by KoeiTecmo, so that should help you narrow the search if there's a lot of other Three Kingdoms games out there.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue May 29, 2018 2:37 am

Well there's my problem. Seems to be region-locked so I can only access the Korean language version, haha

Edit: Can someone who already has the app installed in English maybe check to see if there is a language option in the settings? While I could probably figure out how to play the game in Korean, I'd rather not have to :lol:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue May 29, 2018 5:06 am

There are language options, but they're limited per release. I don't think the Korean version would have an English language setting. The 'global' version lets you pick several languages, most of which I can't read since they're written in their native tongue, but Vietnamese and Traditional Chinese are among them. The voice acting options are English, Japanese, Chinese or Korean.

So maybe you can turn the Korean version into English, but I doubt it...
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue May 29, 2018 5:08 am

Thanks. I'll go ahead and download it and see if it has a language option.

Edit: Well that sucked. After getting nagged in Korean by the game about having to do 50 different things with my phone before it would work, I finally got it to boot up and checked out the settings, only to find that there is no language option. Weak sauce. :x :( :cry:
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:40 am

@Zyzyfer I think there should be an .apk app somewhere around the Internet so I'd suggest you'd Google it. Every games has an alternate .apk software whenever you are region-locked from App Store/Play Store.

Xiahou Mao wrote: and a few rebalanced/changed unit types (Crossbowmen separated from Archer units, splitting cavalry units into Light/Heavy/Mountain Cavalry, Warlords not getting the powerful Inspire tactic until higher level, etc.).

I'm a little confused on how does the separated units will have their extra damage dealt/reduced from other units calculated. For example the Spearmen is suppose to deal extra damage to Cavalry, and (maybe I'm wrong) they have the damage received similar to Footman's. Any findings?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:01 am

Hyper90 wrote:@Zyzyfer I think there should be an .apk app somewhere around the Internet so I'd suggest you'd Google it. Every games has an alternate .apk software whenever you are region-locked from App Store/Play Store.

I'd be happy to but I'm actually not sure what you mean by this comment :shock:
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:00 am

Zyzyfer wrote:
Hyper90 wrote:@Zyzyfer I think there should be an .apk app somewhere around the Internet so I'd suggest you'd Google it. Every games has an alternate .apk software whenever you are region-locked from App Store/Play Store.

I'd be happy to but I'm actually not sure what you mean by this comment :shock:

I have sent you a PM.

By the way, what's the difference between Xu Chu's unit and Dian Wei's ? they are more likely have the same combat abilities
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:01 am

With the APK thinger, do I need to keep the original copy of the game? Gobbling up a fair bit of my space!
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:16 pm

Hyper90 wrote:I'm a little confused on how does the separated units will have their extra damage dealt/reduced from other units calculated. For example the Spearmen is suppose to deal extra damage to Cavalry, and (maybe I'm wrong) they have the damage received similar to Footman's. Any findings?

I don't know that every unit has unit advantages like the original Horse<Bow<Foot triangle. But regardless of that, the game's Research system to get enhancements for your units includes a 50% damage boost for Spearmen against mounted units, so there's that.

Hyper90 wrote:By the way, what's the difference between Xu Chu's unit and Dian Wei's ? they are more likely have the same combat abilities

Quite a few differences as they level up. Dian Wei's Soldier unit has high Agility and low Defense, making him a strong offensive unit that can hit often and dodge often, but will hurt when hit. His few spells boost his attack power and can inflict poison or decrease enemy Agi. Xu Chu's Outlaw unit has high Luck/Morale, allowing for lots of critical hits. His spells boost his attack power and attack with earth tactics. Very late-game research enhances Outlaw units by reducing the damage they take from earth tactics in their preferred mountain terrains (thus protecting them from tacticians that normally eat them up), and allowing them to ignore the First Strike passive ability while in their preferred mountain terrains. This can help give them a spot in Annihilation teams that they weren't enjoying before.

Wu Anguo is a better Outlaw than Xu Chu, though. ;)
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:34 am

After working my way through that lengthy series of intro dialogues, I think I am playing the normal game now.

I have two questions, though. (And still would like to know if I should keep the original Korean game app installed, if anyone knows about APK matters well.)

1. I can't seem to figure out how to collect my daily log-in reward. I got Day 1. Actually while typing this I suddenly realized it might be a time zone thing, like the next day in the US is when it turns over or whatever...

2. Is there any way to change a setting so that dialogue should be manually progressed through? Currently, whenever Meng Mei or one of the Xiahous decide to babble about stuff, I end up having to hover over my phone for the duration of it. I checked the settings but nothing stood out.

Progressing slowly, I think I am attacking Changyang next. Still getting the hang of stuff!

Edit: Also there is some event going on, apparently if I click like on the FB post I get some gold. Should I be logging on via FB to receive something like that? Very sneaky of them... :lol:
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games