Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:03 pm

I don't advise putting the Sagacious Dao on a Geomancer. Yeah, they'd hit harder, but they're generally squishy, vulnerable targets, and they'd need to survive being initially attacked to counterattack. Their accuracy is even worse than Marines, too.

Perhaps the only fit for it comparable to Zhou Yu would be Lu Meng, because Lu Meng actually comes with Leading Attack, Penetrating Attack and MP Attack, three absurdly good melee passives. His individual attacks wouldn't do as much damage as Zhou Yu's with Peerless active, but he'd be making twice as many, getting the MP Attack bonus on top of it, and moving to attack a second target should he kill one. His weakness is the same as Zhou Yu's, accuracy, so I'd advise trying to get the seven star +30% Physical Accuracy accessory to help him out. Zhou Yu could use that too if you're running him as a purely physical attacker, or he can use an MP Regen accessory to be a hybrid fighter/caster once his MP is drained.

Lu Xun doesn't strike me as being as good. He gets Peerless too, but no Double Tactics like Zhou Yu. He gets Expand AoE and Guiding Attack to help his melee, but Lu Meng is better at that with his three melee skills. Lu Xun is a hybrid, which doesn't work out well for him.

Lu Kang, meanwhile, gets Attack Stat Switch built-in, along with MP Attack and Expand Attack Range. So he's clearly geared towards physical attacks, but he suffers because I don't think there's a caster sword that comes with Leading Attack, so he's stuck always making one attack. Lu Meng with the Sagacious Dao clearly comes out ahead as a result. The only thing Lu Kang really has going for him is that he stutters like Deng Ai should.

So your choice would come down to Zhou Yu vs. Lu Meng. Lu Meng is geared much more heavily towards physical attacks and won't need or want the Kirin Robe (he also costs gold). Zhou Yu offers versatility if you set up for it but needs to be punched in the face once to unleash his true power. Chen Tai with Union and Imitate Tactics, and Zhong Hui with Wisdom to Defense, are two other potential Marine candidates, but neither of them mesh up as well with the Sagacious Dao as Zhou Yu and Lu Meng do.

It's important to note that with Wisdom > Attack, Lu Meng's Attack stat won't be going over the Attack stats of other strong-attack characters like Lu Bu or Gan Ning or other such physical classes. His damage might still come out ahead thanks to MP Attack, but it won't be incredibly far ahead. Zhou Yu, on the other hand, will be running around with somewhere between 1300-1900 Attack once his Peerless kicks in (the higher value will be requiring the MP Regen so you get the +20% Wisdom bonus from the Kirin Robe for having MP, instead of the -20% penalty for not having it). If it's at the 1900 mark, that's almost twice as much Attack as a fully-kitted out Lu Bu, so he really will be hitting hard with that one attack. A great way to laugh at Hao Zhao. ;)
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:02 am

Thank you for the breakdown, I often still overlook certain qualities or factors so the feedback is nice to have! I will start prepping Zhou Yu for a dash to 99 after this fusing run.

Speaking of fusing, I got yet another 7* -30% tactics armor. HP regen works better on Hao Zhao at the moment but the armor seems worth holding on to. I should be able to squeeze in one last fuse before weapons day is done, then I will be bavk to fusing a big pile of 5*s
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:37 pm

My fusing luck took a turn for the worse recently, I got that dumb reversal bow again, and another cannon which really wouldn't be all that bad but nothing stacks up to the chain attack one. I did get an elephant skin robe which increases def rate by 20% but that's about it.

I also knocked out quite a few story modes, mostly shorter ones where I didn't want to have to keep training up nobodies to 60 or 80 just to clear them.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:31 pm

Elephant Robe is really good. It's what I have on Diaochan, it works great on Lu Bu too or any other similar class. Ma Chao is really silly with it as well, though he needs more artifact help than just that.

The Romancers alliance you just joined has a Discord channel, linked in the alliance description. There's currently some issues with it in that the leader is vacationing in Korea and is needed to make people's memberships permanent, but you should probably still peek in if you can so everyone can acknowledge your existence.

We'll be fighting the Awakened Azure Dragon in a few hours to finish that alliance mission, but knowing your timezone you'll probably miss out on the fight. You'll still get the alliance loot though!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:42 pm

OK I just got two interesting artifacts.

Azure Dragon Axe - has reversal. I am pretty sure this is the axe everyone tosses on Lu Bu, isn't it? With his Chain Attack he would just blast everything.

Jade Fan - not sure if it is actually good or not but it comes with MP Attack.

Does the alliance Four Gods battle require everyone to team up? I am in the office so I usually just stick to questing, but if it is not too involved I could join. Edit: I didn't check your post time, which was at like 1:30 am here so never mind :oops:

I have never used Discord, is it phone-friendly?
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:58 am

There's a Discord app available for mobile phones, so it's phone friendly, yes. Just a chat program designed to cater to gamers. All the communication we do is via text, though it does have voice chat functions as well.

The Azure Dragon Axe isn't Lu Bu's best weapon, but it's still very good on him. The weapon most people put on Lu Bu given the choice is the Heroic Axe, which gives him First Strike, something that combos with his Forceful Blow to let him hit anyone who tries to attack him first, with the second attack ideally knocking them back so that they're too far away to actually be able to complete their own intended attack on him. But the Azure Dragon Axe is something geared more towards offense than proactive defense like Heroic Axe. It will let a Lu Bu really pick apart units like Hao Zhao, as both Reversal attacks he makes will ignore defensive immunities. Four attacks total will chew up most opposition he faces, you just have to be careful that the initial counterattack(s) before the Reversal attacks trigger doesn't wipe out your Lu Bu. The Elephant Robe will help with that!

The Jade Fan is one of only a few fans the game has at seven stars. Unfortunately, it's not very good. Why would you want to physically attack with a tactician? ;) If you don't currently have a seven star fan, or the six star Parasol that has a strong 15% accuracy boost, then you can hold onto it purely for its stats, but I wouldn't heavily upgrade it. Keep an eye out for the White Crane Fan (Double Tactics) or Black Feather Fan (Tactics Def Rate Pierce) instead.

And the Alliance Four Gods battle is only teaming up in the loosest sense. It gives us a much beefier Azure Dragon boss to fight, this one with some 270k HP, but the entire Alliance can engage it on their own and our combined total damage over our own individual fights determines when we win. We won, so the entire Alliance gets bonus rewards (which should be in your mail). If you'd participated while it was alive, you would've received I think 20 extra Souls as loot. I did the second most damage out of the Alliance, so I got an extra 60 Souls! But yeah, the participation bonus is minor, but it's there, so keep an eye out for when such a battle is open. Even if you can't do much damage, every bit helps and it gets you the participation bonus. We try to plot out times on Discord so that the most people are able to participate, which is another reason to check out that program.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:27 am

Jade Fan: Yes and I also think it has zero synergy with anyone I've built up, nor with my other mage artifacts. I also can't imagine that I've seen anyone who can equip a fan who would benefit from MP Attack. But it is my only 7* fan at the moment - I still have that 6* fan that gives a minor boost to elemental damage but nothing else. So like you suggest, I'll hold on to it for now. I still have room for a few more 7* fuses so maybe I'll luck out.

Azure Dragon Axe: It's my only 7* spear at the moment so I'll be holding on to it for sure! It may allow Taishi Ci to become more viable again in certain battles (although not ideal for him). My Lu Bu would still need lots of training so I may do that later, but I've already got existing goals for that in Zhou Yu and at some point picking up Gan Ning.

I'll try to check out the Discord thing at some point and see if I can get it set up.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:54 am

The only tactician who is at all geared towards melee is Xu Shu, and I think he might already have MP Attack as a passive. Needless to say, using Xu Shu to melee still isn't a good idea, as he'll have abysmal accuracy regardless of what passives he has.

Taishi Ci will definitely benefit form the Azure Dragon Axe when next a map comes up that favours him. He'll get two hits instead of one (as long as he survives the counterattack), that should help him kill more enemies, and then that in turn will trigger his Penetrating Attack (as long as you bought it for him). But yeah, it'll work better on Lu Bu, as four attacks are better than two. Zhang Liao, Xiahou Dun and Deng Ai are other potential candidates for it who'd get three attacks each if wielding it, due to already having Leading Attack or Double Counter.

One word of advice with Lu Bu if you want to train him up and put this on him, make sure you don't buy/equip his Forceful Bow passive if you do. Otherwise your attack might push the enemy out of range for their counter, which in turn would mean you have nothing for Reversal to trigger on.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:01 am

I'll keep that in mind about Lu Bu.

Was able to squeeze in one last fuse. Got a Twilight Epiphany which is a mage robe that reflects status effects. Not that great since they're already squishy and have high wisdom, but since the Mental Exhaustion mage robe is kind of situational in its use, I can keep it for a bit until I'm ready to convert some of these less useful 7*s.

The good news is that my 7* stuff is getting plump enough to not need to hang on to my 6* stuff for dear life. So I can probably end up fusing about 4 more 7*s on the next weapons day and see what I get. (Plus a couple of items I can convert)
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:50 am

The mage robe that reflects status effects is quite good, actually, I'd hold onto it. Not so much for Annihilation, but it'll help in Trial of the Gates against the tougher bosses once you get to them. I've got that robe on my Chen Qun, and he not only reflects status effects but cures all adjacent allies at the start of each turn, so it's quite a potent anti-status system set up.

Unfortunately, status reflection won't work against the Azure Dragon, who can bypass it with his Electrocute status. Status cures still work on it, as does Status Immunity (which a handful of characters like Zhuge Liang and Fu Jia have), but not reflection.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games