Nobunaga's Ambition

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Nobunaga's Ambition

Unread postby mrplaya » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:01 am

hello every one
i just finished playing Nobunaga's Ambition 12

and was wondering what to get next
Nobunaga's Ambition 13 or 14

which one are better

and do they have English patches or not
and where to get them

i looked for 13 in google but didn't find any thing
thanks in advance
mrplaya
Tyro

Re: Nobunaga's Ambition

Unread postby nobunaga1221 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:08 pm

mrplaya wrote:hello every one
i just finished playing Nobunaga's Ambition 12

and was wondering what to get next
Nobunaga's Ambition 13 or 14

which one are better

and do they have English patches or not
and where to get them

i looked for 13 in google but didn't find any thing
thanks in advance

Well I have both games and 13 is like 12 ,but with smarter AI ,the problem with 13 is not matter how big is your army you still going to be afried if you attack someone powerfull ,for example ,I am playing now with the Oda and my troops are 1 million and half and I still have Kenshin ,Mori,Otomo .Now I am invading Mori lands ,the problem is Kenshin I lost many times fighting him .He has 500 thousend men under his control ,but he don't have any others to fight except me ,and I have maybe 800 thousend men against him and I couldn't take a single castle ,so I didn't play this game for over a month .And I have the power up kit version .The other thing with 13 is how the enemy upgrade their castles .they upgrade it within the first 5 years to 20000 hp (this is why I am losing against Kenshin).The AI is sometimes very stupid ,but still better than Nobu 12 .For me I don't recommend this game ,unless if you can handle things more than me ,and this game is sometimes hard ,so if you are an advanced player ,this is a good game for you .

Nobu 14 is a good game only if you buy the Power Up Kit (I always recommend the power up kit ) the game without the power up kit is one of the worst Nobunaga's Ambition games .I will be talking about the power up kit version .It's very good game and it feel different than Nobu 12 and 13 .It's more open and the fighting in it is good ,but it has some flaws not many ,some minor flaws ,like feeling that the game is repetitive,the devolopment in it is boring ,you can't upgrade your soldiers (the fighting skills depends on the officers ) the titles ,ranks and items don't give you any change except rising loyalty (unless someone else confirm otherwise ) ,but other than that this game is very good .for me I recommend this game more than Nobu 13 .Only with the power up kit version .
nobunaga1221
Initiate

Unread postby Drakken » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:35 pm

Personally, of the most recent Nobunaga's Ambition games I find 11 (with PUK) is the best of the most recent lot, best as in allowing some roleplaying of what being a daimyo was during the Sengoku... until the 14's PUK release.

12 and 13 suffer from Uber-Takeda syndrome, and when one reaches a tipping point he becomes unstoppable. 12 and 13 are 85% the exact same game, but at least 13's road system and PUK improvements made it more palatable. 12 is abysmal.

Still, my most favourite version is "Lord of Darkness" on the SNES. The music by Yoko Kanno in it is absolutely atmospheric and I'll play it until the day I die.

Also you "can" develop your troops in 14 somewhat, if you build the right buildings that make your the castle's troops stronger either on the field or in sieges, choose the right commander (according to its skill and tactics) and set the right policies.
Drakken
Assistant

Unread postby YakumuOsaka » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:45 am

I hope somebody will take a time to help me .
YakumuOsaka
Tyro

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games