Nobunaga no Yabou: Sozou english version

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Nobunaga no Yabou: Sozou english version

Unread postby Planeswalker » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:02 pm

Hey all, just 1 question this time :lol:

This occurred about 5 years into my playthrough, manage to get from 1 fortress start to a 1 castle 6 fortress custom clan.

I suddenly noticed almost all my retainers (80% ish) have a Negative loyalty modifier " My master plays dirty, too dirty " , which causes -1 to -3 loyalty. My response is a WTH does that mean and what caused it? I got it after a mass battle of all things, hmm.

Edit: After some experimentation I think I found the cause. I had some army units moving past/close to a Clan I had a truce with. They were moving past as the truce was on but as the turn ended, I guess it counted as close by to be counted hostile.

Another question then, teaching traits: once you teach a trait, you lose it and cannot teach it again until you regain it, or its 1 off permanently? Do you just keep them for your best men/women?
Planeswalker
Tyro

Unread postby rk47 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:13 am

Traits are 'spent' the moment you grant it to a retainer.
To earn it, you have to execute an enemy possessing it, or win a mass battle against them.
Officers also have a set of 'natural traits' they can gain by earning experience points.

Azai playthrough, after being frustrated with the slow gains and really tough beginnings, I did not expect this event to trigger.

Good stuff, time for I, Azai Nagamasa as his brother in law to assist in capturing Nijo!

Thanks a lot, Oda. :mrgreen:
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:31 am

I keep playing as the Azai trying to trigger the anti nobunaga coalition however I can't ever get it to work. Nobunaga never wants to take Nijo palace, and will go out of his way to conquer everywhere around it. If I ask him to attack it he just gives me the city afterwards which I am pretty sure isn't helpful for the plot line. Will the game simply not do it when I am playing the Azai? :|
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:15 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:I keep playing as the Azai trying to trigger the anti nobunaga coalition however I can't ever get it to work. Nobunaga never wants to take Nijo palace, and will go out of his way to conquer everywhere around it. If I ask him to attack it he just gives me the city afterwards which I am pretty sure isn't helpful for the plot line. Will the game simply not do it when I am playing the Azai? :|

He will do it. I'm playing Azai and I did not even have the Oichi marriage event and Oda still attacks Kyoto. I think, Hisahide Matsunaga must be alive and in service under the Miyoshi so he can trigger the death of Ashikaga. You must be in alliance with Oda I think, since I initiated a wedding between Azai Nagamasa and Oda's sister.

That is when Hisahide's Biography will make sense:
Defeated but defiant Hisahide committed suicide, he ordered his head destroyed to prevent it becoming a trophy (in which his son, Matsunaga Kojiro grabbed Hisahide's head and jumped off the castle wall with his sword through his throat) and also destroyed a priceless tea kettle (Hiragumo) that Nobunaga coveted before he died.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:31 pm

I keep starting at Dawn of a Revolution, the marriage alliance is already done by that point, figured it would be the easiest way to trigger the event. Perhaps I will start at an earlier scenario, perhaps Stronger than an Alliance. That way the shogun is still alive so his death can be triggered. I will give that a shot.

Well, Nobunaga still is determined for me to not see the story develop as the Azai. He won't do anything even after we see the Shogun die and Nobunaga taking in his family. He attacks the castle that he needs to proceed south of my position then he refuses to move forward. Instead he insists on fighting the Azakura. I blockaded several Azakura cities to protect them from Nobunaga however he refuses to attack Nijo. It has been years and he just won't go after it. He insists on thwarting me.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:46 am

Like a dream is such a wonderful scenario for opportunism.

Playing as Tsutsui Clan, broken free off Hashiba vassalage.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby brianpk80 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:43 am

Does anyone know how to enter letters like 'ō' in the Create an officer screen for the PC version, for instance like the ō in Mōri?
brianpk80
Apprentice

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:37 pm

brianpk80 wrote:Does anyone know how to enter letters like 'ō' in the Create an officer screen for the PC version, for instance like the ō in Mōri?

There's a topic on the steam forums. Hopefully it will help:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/392470/d ... 454047433/

Funny this is the one place where the console's way of typing without a keyboard had an advantage.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:54 am

Another playthrough in "Nobunaga Besieged" as Chosokabe wasn't as easy as I thought.
Mori is really aggressive and puts me in warpath. And Oda wasn't sitting idle either. He somehow absorbed Tokugawa by force, landing many more elite officers. Enough to cripple Uesugi and Hojo Coalition by the end of the three year Coalition war. Kenshin passed away at 49 years old.

At the end of the Coalition, I absorbed Ukita, Honganji and control 80% of Chosokabe.
Oda has 26 Castles including Nijo and is close to victory. Unable to accept this kind of 'War Ban' defeat, I immediately courted Mori and Shimazu to my side, sealing them with marriages, anulled Oda Alliance and declared Anti-Oda coalition.

To my chagrin, Mori can't really contribute much because none of his holdings are in the front line. No matter, I can still request relief from him while I coax the Uesugi and Hojo to rejoin the Coalition for a good chunk of foreign income.

It's time for the end-game.

Final Boss. Oda Nobunaga.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Saru » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:51 pm

I've been playing "The God of War Descends" as Nagao Kagetora/Uesugi Kenshin shortly after he takes power in Echigo circa 1547. I've been following the historical quests, but there's one where you have to emulate Kenshin's aggressive campaign against the Hojo in the 1560s. However, as most people know, the Hojo have a tendency to blob and get really strong from the outset. Is there any advice for taking on the Hojo and forming an effective anti-Hojo coalition? Do you have to start diplomacy with other clans in eastern Japan from the outset? Doesn't help that the Takeda are always really hostile to me. :(
"Do you smell something burning?" - Oda Nobunaga, Honnoji, 1582
Saru
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games