Legend of Jiang Wei (v1.1) Translation Project (Mostly Done)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Jiang Wei Translation Project (Status: Prologu

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm very thankful for both of your help. I have been able to figure out a few things with hex editing now, but there have been some space limitations as you said.

If you know a good way to unbold the numbers, please let me know and I'll fix that.

Here's some proof of progress: more pictures!

You may have noticed that Yin Shang is "YinShang" and Zhuge Liang is "Kongming". This is because right now I am only able to fit eight letters per name. For some reason, this doesn't apply to Jiang Wei.
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby whiteship » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Taishi Ci 2.0 wrote:You may have noticed that Yin Shang is "YinShang" and Zhuge Liang is "Kongming". This is because right now I am only able to fit eight letters per name. For some reason, this doesn't apply to Jiang Wei.

It is a BIG problem.Chinese language version also has a limit of 5 characters.I've tried to solve it but failed because LoCC just use 8 bytes of memory to store a name and need an awesome edit in "ekd5.exe".I am thinking of how to do it...

Other characters like "單挑" in the VS interface could easily be edit to "VS" .(Actually it is "VS" in the original Legend of Caocao).
I am leaving for the entrance examination of postgraduate and will not able to use my computer for about a week.I 'll help edit gameplay text when I come back.

Introductions of characters,items,spells and classes are stored in "IMSG.E5",please do not edit it with windows notepad.
I suppose using this: http://www.xycq.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=224101&page=1&extra=page%3D1#pid3130016
Click #7 "附件: 曹操传MOD修改器.rar"to download.
But it is still Chinese language...
whiteship
Tyro

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 am

Thank you all for your efforts and its great to see communities from varying different parts of the world come together to make this a reality. This project looks great. Legend of Cao Cao was an amazing game (which I do not understand why Koei has never made another real Tactical RPG in that style, the "Legends Of..." series was an incredibly done piece of work) and the efforts to make it editable has been an admirable effort by all people involved.

This looks like a highly promising project. I am looking forward to testing it. (if there isn't a way to test it currently)
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:43 am

I have the first four stages mostly translated here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2787745793/ ... %201-4.rar

Download the main Jiang Wei file, and then copy these files over the existing ones in that zip.
Taishi Ci 2.0

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Oh boy, hmm. That half GB download took a while, but now when I start the game, all of the characters and options read "????????" and I don't think that's supposed to happen, (though it might) I recall playing through Legend of Cao Cao just fine a long time ago but that was another PC. When I start the game proper here the font is very strange and the text appears in the center of the screen, when it should be appearing with a portrait and their speech, no? Is there something I can do to fix that?
As you know security

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 pm

but now when I start the game, all of the characters and options read "????????" and I don't think that's supposed to happen,

Change your Language non-Unicode settings to Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan). If they're still ???, download and install the East Asian Language Packs.

The four options on the main menu remain untranslated, but they are New Game, Load Game, Options, and Quit.

When I start the game proper here the font is very strange and the text appears in the center of the screen, when it should be appearing with a portrait and their speech, no? Is there something I can do to fix that?

If the font looks smashed together, that should be fixed when you change your non-Unicode settings as above.

Make sure you have downloaded this file and replace the contents of the original zip with these new files:
http://rapidshare.com/files/2787745793/ ... %201-4.rar

This patch only goes as far as the first four levels, though.
Taishi Ci 2.0

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Hmm, I had it set to Simplified Chinese earlier and still the same problems. When I went to change it to Traditional, Taiwan I had to choose several more options, so I chose them all. Still no difference.

Then I searched for East Asian Language Packs only to find that the basic version of Windows 7 apparently doesn't support them and you need Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise edition. Any idea where to go from here?
As you know security

Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:21 pm

I have basic Windows 7, so I don't know what to tell you.

Make sure you're resetting after you change the non-Unicode settings.

Can you post a screenshot of what you're looking at? Use PrintScreen if nothing else.
Taishi Ci 2.0

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 am

Ah, no dice. Yeah here's a screenshot.

Jiang Wei is hidden behind that box.
As you know security

Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:59 am

All I can say is to change your unicode settings and make sure you downloaded the zip I linked a few posts up. The data.e5 from that zip needs to replace the data.e5 file in the big zip in the first post.
Taishi Ci 2.0

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games