Legend of Jiang Wei (v1.1) Translation Project (Mostly Done)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Jiang Wei (v1.1) Translation Project (Stage 25

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed May 22, 2013 8:50 am

S_13
Yang Lan/Mystery Character 1:
But due to circumstances beyond our control, we were forced to seperate.
- "separate"
However, just before the Battle of Chibi, I met Chen Dao again. And I realized I was still loved him.
- Either "I still loved him" or "I was still in love with him".

Zhuge Guo/Mystery Character 2:
He was a great help to Yang Fu and I in our plan to bring down the Ma Family.
- "a great help to Yang Fu and me" (since it'd be "a great help to me" and not "a great help to I")

R_13
&Zong Yu
(Does he not see the danger he is putting his state in by favoratism?)
- "favoritism"

&Yang Lan
If anyone deserves to kill him, it outta be me.
- "oughta"?

I'm not really seeing how the "Octopus" thing makes sense in context.

Cao Rui on real estate: 昭陽殿、太極殿還有九龍殿 -- these are all palaces, not temples ("the Zhaoyang, Taiji, and Jiulong palaces")

&Cao Rui
And even though they are seperated from Wu by many miles of water, I know they are plotting together.
- "separated"
- Ditto with the title "seperate ways"--should be "separate ways"

&Jiang Wei
Zhang Ni and Liao Hua, eh?
- It's Zhang Yi, right? (at least it's Zhang Yi that shows up in the next scene)

&廖化
為了一個我願意為他效死的人贖罪…
&Liao Hua
I'm fighting for the sake of a great man that I let die just to save myself...
-"I'm fighting to atone for my sins against the one whom I was willing to die for..."

&Yang Lan
Everyone was saying you were going to marry her!
- "人家" should be treated as a generic pronoun, rather than "other people". Here, it's referring to the girl--"she's been making a fuss about how you should marry her!"

&趙統
(比起來,我們趙家還真是家教良好。)
- "In comparison, our parents really gave us a good upbringing."

&Ning Sui
(Boyue recommended those two
men as commanders to let us
bring some discipline to the recruits.)
&甯隨
(伯約推薦這兩人,看來是要為我軍尋找
更多的指揮官。不過,他們可不是伯約
你能輕易駕馭之輩呀。)
- 指揮官 is commissioned officers. "Boyue recommended those two men in order to enlarge the ranks of commissioned officers."

&ZhaoTong
Our division has so many sons of
famous fathers gathered together.
&ZhaoTong
It seems like the entire second
generation of Shu has taken
the field in battle...
&趙統
現在我大漢的幾個重要武將家族,似乎
只有我們趙家和關家還有第二代活躍在
戰場上。
- "Of all the major military families in the Han, only the Zhao and the Guan families still have descendents serving in the army." (That's why Guan Suo butted in and corrected him and brought up Xingcai.)

&Guan Suo
At least up here, I'm far away from
that crazy women down south.
- "those crazy women"

&Guan Suo
Yeah. And if it was to save
Miss Bao Sanniang, I'd charge
through a thousand foes.
- Wasn't that supposed to be Zhang Yi's line?

PS: In S_013, the Xu Zhi vs. Gou Fu duel, "ax" and "axe" are both used. Stick with one or the other.

Personal preference, but I think all those 王s in the Cao family (Cao Zhi, etc.) should be "princes", not "kings".

Wu Ban and Gou Fu's conversation in The Truth: "none of us who were there at Yiling will ever manage to rest in piece"
- "peace"

Yang Lan on Zhuge Guo's silk pouch: "It's funny that she sent me to bring this thing."
- Should be "I almost died laughing when I saw this thing."

&楊蘭
關索!你在漢中那邊的「金錢貓」叫小姐欠錢,那邊老闆要我順便幫忙追討。
- Are you intentionally censoring out the part that "Jinqianmao" is a prostitute and it's her pimp who asked Yang Lan to help collect the debt? :P
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu May 23, 2013 4:08 am

S_14:
&Guan Suo
No wonder they all got so mad when I ran off with Meng Yan's bridge back then...
- Not sure how you got to that from "No wonder it's been so hard to seduce Nanzhong chicks lately..."

R_15:
&Guan Suo
I'm surprised an ox like your old man wound up dying before I could come back.
&關索
這個凶狠老爹,沒想到臨死前居然還能揍我一拳。
- Actually, he's saying Meng Huo punched him good even as he was dying.

&WangPing
General Ma, you've got to get ahold of yourself!
- "a hold"

&WangPing
He's called the "Catapult King". I heard he learned about it while being a monk in Luoyang.
- But Liu Min wasn't supposed to have been a monk, right? The original just says he keeps going on and on just like that monk giving sermons in Luoyang.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Youjie » Sat May 25, 2013 5:48 pm

I need to Ask few thinks

How many Ends theys Game have

And I have same notes

Lady Zhang (Xing Cai) her mother Are nothing then Sister of Xiahou Ba (not Cousin)
Man Like Youjie Who protected his Kingdom
from Jin attacks
Youjie
Apprentice

Unread postby nhy7bgt6 » Sun May 26, 2013 1:35 am

Youjie wrote:I need to Ask few thinks

How many Ends theys Game have

And I have same notes

Lady Zhang (Xing Cai) her mother Are nothing then Sister of Xiahou Ba (not Cousin)

There are total of 5 endings:
One ending which follows the history (Shu Han was conquered by Wei, Jiang Wei died), four fictional endings which are almost the same (Shu Han was victorious in the end) except which heroine Jiang Wei finally be together with.
nhy7bgt6
Apprentice

Unread postby Youjie » Sun May 26, 2013 6:25 am

How can i have a Historic End

i hate to see Jiang Wei and Shu Defeat Wei
from Jin attacks
Youjie
Apprentice

Unread postby nhy7bgt6 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:45 am

Youjie wrote:How can i have a Historic End

i hate to see Jiang Wei and Shu Defeat Wei

The conditions to enter the fictional stages:
1. Don't let Zhang Ni dies at stage 22 (the stage which Zhang Ni and his troops are alone in the beginning)
2. If Zhang Ni is alive at stage 22, deploy him at stage 25 (the stage which Shu army was chasen by Wei army)
3. If the two conditions above were achieved, choose to "deploy a troop to defend Yin Ping" after stage 32

So if you failed to achieve any of those conditions, you will have the historic end.
nhy7bgt6
Apprentice

Unread postby Youjie » Sun May 26, 2013 10:45 am

That,s mean

If I let Zhang Ni Died or I Did not deploy him in Stage 25 or i did not deploy troops to defend Yinping after stage 32

then i can See the Weak Kingdom and the Stupid Emperor Fall Right!?
from Jin attacks
Youjie
Apprentice

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue May 28, 2013 7:54 am

Taishi Ci 2.0 wrote:Translation note: When Wen Yang attacks people and they go flying back, the line where they say "Such strength!" is not yet translated because I don't know yet where that line is stored in the game files.

Not at that stage yet, but I found the line in the exe.

I also found a way to get rid of the "順" character in the deployment screen where you click to organize officers by level, class, etc.

I was looking at a Chinese walkthrough and apparently you can unlock Xu Zijiang after you've beat the game (or do you have to have done all the endings?). If that's the case, you might want to get the Xu Zijiang dialogues translated in the exe.

The weapon that Jiang Wei gets from Guo Huai in level 21, 昂龍顎閃, is the name of Jiang Wei's 4th Weapon in Dynasty Warriors 4 and 5. You might consider translating it as "Blink" for consistency.

I might work on the exe a bit more this week. Let me know if you have any requests.
Lady Wu

Unread postby nhy7bgt6 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:10 am

Lady Wu wrote:I was looking at a Chinese walkthrough and apparently you can unlock Xu Zijiang after you've beat the game (or do you have to have done all the endings?). If that's the case, you might want to get the Xu Zijiang dialogues translated in the exe.

As far as I know, the Xu Zijiang event is actually added by an anonymous gamefan in order to acquire all the collectibles when begin playing the game. It is not included in the original script file. Which walkthrough you have followed?
nhy7bgt6
Apprentice

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri May 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Youjie wrote:That,s mean

If I let Zhang Ni Died or I Did not deploy him in Stage 25 or i did not deploy troops to defend Yinping after stage 32

then i can See the Weak Kingdom and the Stupid Emperor Fall Right!?

Yeah. What I did was save Zhang Ni, deploy in stage 25, then make a save before the choice to defend Yinping or not. Then you can choose to not defend it and see the historical ending. If you want to get the other ending (and play a lot more stages), you can reload from there and choose to defend Yinping.

I have to say that the historical ending was oddly satisfying (though it went on and on even after Jiang Wei died) and I'm feeling slightly meh about going onto the fictional ending.

nhy7bgt6: I misread the walkthrough. I didn't see the part about "download this patch". :|
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games