Legend of Jiang Wei (v1.1) Translation Project (Mostly Done)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Jiang Wei (v1.1) Translation Project (Mostly D

Unread postby billyvan1989 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:26 pm

i did the same thing to liu..it like impossible to beat.
billyvan1989
Apprentice

Unread postby Youjie » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:01 pm

What About the Other Walkthrough

If You Please Post Them
Man Like Youjie Who protected his Kingdom
from Jin attacks
Youjie
Apprentice

Unread postby Shogun_144 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Can someone please help me?

I downloaded the translated LoJW and the sound track from the first page of the thread and extracted both to a new folder called "Legend of Jiang Wei". The folder was empty prior to this. The executable won't run, however. My OS is Windows 8.1 Pro. I have tried I have tried using applocale programs, I have changed my non-unicode setting to Chinese Traditional - Taiwan, I have set Ekd5 to run in Compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3, I have tried running it in 8 and 16-bit color, I have tried running it with 640x480 and so on. But nothing seems to work. After every attempt my mouse cursor changes to the waiting animation but nothing happens, and the mouse returns to normal after a few seconds.

I have tried these same steps on my laptop, which runs Windows 7 Pro, with a fresh download of the files and see the same results. Can someone please advise?
Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ... Always!
Shogun_144
Tyro

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:32 pm

I'm not sure what might be causing your problem. My OS is Windows 7 so I don't know if that would be the issue.

Can you give me some more information on what you're doing with the downloaded files? I've tried switching non-Unicode languages directly and using appLocale programs and both seem to be working properly.
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby Shogun_144 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Taishi Ci 2.0 wrote:I'm not sure what might be causing your problem. My OS is Windows 7 so I don't know if that would be the issue.

Can you give me some more information on what you're doing with the downloaded files? I've tried switching non-Unicode languages directly and using appLocale programs and both seem to be working properly.

Okay,

After I finish downloading the files (the patched download and the soundtrack) I have been dragging and dropping them into a new folder called "Legend of Jiang Wei" using 7-zip. I am not pasting the files over a pre-existing copy of Legend of Cao Cao. After that I right click on the Ekd5.exe file and run it in Chinese Traditional using applocale or just plain double-click on it if I have already switched non-unicode over to Chinese Traditional - Taiwan. I receive no response from the program other then the waiting animation on my cursor running for a few seconds. When that fails, I turn to tinkering with the Ekd5.exe, running it as an administrator, changing it to run in compatibility mode with Windows XP, reducing the color mode, and running it in different screen resolutions. No changes.

At one point I did re-download and paste the files over a fresh install of LoCC, but that did not change anything.

I just had thought though. My antivirus is Webroot SecureAnywhere and it is VERY proactive about threats, real or imagined. Could Webroot be doing something to the executable, rendering it unable to run? I haven't seen any warnings about Ekd5.exe from the program though and it hasn't tried to quarantine it or any of the other LoJW files so I don't know for sure but I wanted to float the idea out there.

EDIT: I remembered something, and just tried it again to be certain. When running Ekd5.exe in Chinese Traditional, either with applocale or by changing the non-unicode setting, as an administrator, Windows does not recognize the file type and I get a dialogue asking me to choose a program to open the file. This is both on my desktop and laptop.

EDIT 2: Okay I think I have it figured it out. Looks like the problem was Webroot after all. I am still testing the game out to get it working perfectly, but the point is it now runs and after a few crashes while I was fiddling with settings it doesn't freak out during battle scenes.
Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ... Always!
Shogun_144
Tyro

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:05 pm

I have seen that kind of response (file appears to run but doesn't actually load) with other LoCC mods before. It probably does have something to do with antivirus or firewall settings.

Glad to hear you got it working.
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby billyvan1989 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:08 am

hey taichi, is there any other game like legend of jiang wei? i already play legend of caocao, legend of jiang wei, legend of sun ce, legend of heroes, and legend of yuan shu. is there an english verison of legend of Yue fei.
billyvan1989
Apprentice

Unread postby yunfeimeng » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:32 pm

For those having issues with stage 8 or any of the 40 following them, this game places higher emphasis on defense/attack values than the original. Also, terrain bonuses are amplified. The only sure way to defeat boss characters in forts is through the use of tacticians. Another option is to use the skill "Leer" or similar defense-decreasing tactics and then attacking them.
yunfeimeng
Tyro

Unread postby billyvan1989 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:12 pm

to follow on what yun was saying. you can win against boss in fort through the use of fire attack, poison, lower defense using leer, raise attack. Make sure you have ma su, and zhuge liang with you on that stage 8.
billyvan1989
Apprentice

Unread postby berwin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:16 am

Hi,

Where can I download this ?

Regards,

BErwin
berwin
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games