Taishi Ci 2.0 wrote:I'm not sure what might be causing your problem. My OS is Windows 7 so I don't know if that would be the issue.
Can you give me some more information on what you're doing with the downloaded files? I've tried switching non-Unicode languages directly and using appLocale programs and both seem to be working properly.
After I finish downloading the files (the patched download and the soundtrack) I have been dragging and dropping them into a new folder called "Legend of Jiang Wei" using 7-zip. I am not pasting the files over a pre-existing copy of Legend of Cao Cao. After that I right click on the Ekd5.exe file and run it in Chinese Traditional using applocale or just plain double-click on it if I have already switched non-unicode over to Chinese Traditional - Taiwan. I receive no response from the program other then the waiting animation on my cursor running for a few seconds. When that fails, I turn to tinkering with the Ekd5.exe, running it as an administrator, changing it to run in compatibility mode with Windows XP, reducing the color mode, and running it in different screen resolutions. No changes.
At one point I did re-download and paste the files over a fresh install of LoCC, but that did not change anything.
I just had thought though. My antivirus is Webroot SecureAnywhere and it is VERY
proactive about threats, real or imagined. Could Webroot be doing something to the executable, rendering it unable to run? I haven't seen any warnings about Ekd5.exe from the program though and it hasn't tried to quarantine it or any of the other LoJW files so I don't know for sure but I wanted to float the idea out there.
EDIT: I remembered something, and just tried it again to be certain. When running Ekd5.exe in Chinese Traditional, either with applocale or by changing the non-unicode setting, as an administrator, Windows does not recognize the file type and I get a dialogue asking me to choose a program to open the file. This is both on my desktop and laptop.
EDIT 2: Okay I think I have it figured it out. Looks like the problem was Webroot after all. I am still testing the game out to get it working perfectly, but the point is it now runs and after a few crashes while I was fiddling with settings it doesn't freak out during battle scenes.
Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ... Always!