Legend of Jiang Wei (v1.1) Translation Project (Mostly Done)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Jiang Wei (v1.1) Translation Project (Mostly D

Unread postby billyvan1989 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:23 pm

go to the top page 1 to download this game.
billyvan1989
Apprentice

Unread postby slurktan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:24 am

So I just picked up this translated game. Very fun However I'm having a problem with battle 9 where you are "supposed" to ambush Zhang He. I say supposed because I cannot get Yuan to come out of the ambush. I can get the archer ambush by luring Zhang all the way down but I can't get that. So obviously I cannot get one of the seals because the Yuan won't come out.

Any tips on how to get the ambush to come out?
slurktan
Apprentice

Unread postby slurktan » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:36 pm

So no response from June but I'm still trying to plow my way through this game. I'm at Stage 44 and I have no idea how to do it. I get swamped by Wen Yang and the Tiger cavalry and can barely kill them off but that takes up like 7-8 turns. Then I have to kill a shit ton my more guys all over just to get the bridges to open then presumably kil la shit ton more to get to Deng Ai, all in 8 turns. Am I missing something?
slurktan
Apprentice

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:22 am

Sorry, I haven't been on here in a while. The basic guide info for this stage is here: viewtopic.php?p=591556#p591556

You should have plenty of time to finish the stage when you get to the second part (after you defeat everyone on the south bank and cross the bridges). The time limit becomes 40 rounds after that point. Reinforcements will show up for your side after a few turns.

You're probably on a later stage by now, let me know if you need any additional tips.
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby slurktan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:00 am

Thanks for coming back! i actually haven't been able to beat that stage. Granted I haven't played for a couple of weeks as I haven't had time but I'll take another crack at it. Good to know the time limit changes cause that seemed hopeless to me.
slurktan
Apprentice

Unread postby slurktan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:53 am

So I beat that stage. Really I guess it came down to me not feeling hopeless that I only had 15 turns. But on to the next...... it seems very hard because of the forced positioning, and the Wei army seems utterly hopeless. Other than your guide, any tips for the Battle of Luoyang?
slurktan
Apprentice

Unread postby Leimery77 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:58 am

how did you beat stage 9, for me zhang he just keeps reviving himself and when i send jiang wei to him no duel or dialogue occurs ?

i managed to kill all enemies and activiate the dialog with yuan but zhang he just wont die !!!
Leimery77
Tyro

Unread postby vanjojojo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:34 pm

great work, can't thank you guys for bringing these games to us!!

any ideas on whether there would be a FAQ or walkthrough for this?

edit: i'm a dummy :( found it, can't thank you again for the great translation
vanjojojo
Tyro

Unread postby Anisette » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:19 am

Taishi Ci 2.0 wrote: :huohu: Enjoy the game, and keep checking back for updates! And feel free to ask any gameplay questions you may have. :huohu:

I have issues running this in Windows 10 Home.

Text is cut in half, making it hard to read. It's like the font is too big?
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (3.11 KiB) Viewed 296 times

But worst of all, game crashes randomly (throws windows error faulting module ntdll.dll 0xc0000005) and hangs often (text whited out, item window unresponsive) while going through inventory and items.

My system locale is Japanese, so I tried changing system locale to CN Taiwan, exact same issue still persist. Tried running in XP compatibility, win 7 compatibility, win 98 compatibility, doesn't work either.

I am able to run LoCC and LoLB flawlessly.
Anisette
Tyro

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games