Warriors Orochi 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Warriors Orochi 3 Discussion Thread

Unread postby Equinox » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Picked up WO3 Ultimate for XBox, and it is basically more of everything that we all love from the Musou series. The huge cast, different weapons, and fun combinations keep replayability really high. Gauntlet Mode is always an entertaining romp, with the randomized enemies and punishing difficulty. I have found, however, that Bombast is an exceedingly powerful skill to have on your weapon with certain characters, like Xu Shu and his RB/R1 skill abuse, as well as Tamamo and her musou - you can literally wade through a crowd with scroll twirling around you with impunity even in the hardest levels of Gauntlet Mode. I have been enjoying picking up the remaining Mystic weapons just for the hell of it, even though I have just about all of the crafted X weapons. Definitely a fun title and there really isn't anything quite like it on XBox.
Equinox
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:39 pm

How do I unlock horses on WO3? I'm currently half way through chapter 2, have I just not reached the point where I'll get them or?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:34 am

I've just learnt you always have a horse, you just have to press down on the controller. I wish I'd known that earlier...
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games