Warriors Orochi 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Warriors Orochi 3 Discussion Thread

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:47 am

Freshly confirmed for US on March 20 and europe on March 30. Seems there will be no English dub this time around, only Japanese voice actors. Also, im hearing rumors of a digital only release, meaning that you will be buying off the Xbox Live Arcade or Playstation Network. I would assume the English dub will be a DLC package later on like the Japanese was for DW7.
Last edited by Separation Anxiety on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Warriors Orochi 3 Discussion Thread

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Sorry Seperation already beat you to it with a thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22068
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:28 am

Technically at the time you beat me it was still Orochi Warriors 2 because what was released here as Orochi 2 and what was released in Japan as 2 are different. Orochi 2 here is Orochi warriors return of the serpent lord or something like that in Japan.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:34 am

Separation Anxiety wrote:Technically at the time you beat me it was still Orochi Warriors 2 because what was released here as Orochi 2 and what was released in Japan as 2 are different. Orochi 2 here is Orochi warriors return of the serpent lord or something like that in Japan.

It was pretty obvious that it was going to be named Warriors Orochi 3 here in America because heck they already screwed up the numbering of Dynasty Warriors here. I assumed, correctly I might add, that the game was going to be called Warriors Orochi 3 and created the thread first :P .
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:35 am

Well the game releases tomorrow but practically no one is carrying it. Got mine preordered but amazon isnt doing release date shipping so i will likely get it for the weekend.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shozuhn » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:01 am

I got Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate recently. It's pretty awesome, and easily my favorite Warriors game to date.
I love to play on Chaos difficulty using 1 star weapons. Just makes the game much more challenging to me. Challenge is the games biggest flaw. And Ultimate took things a step further by allowing almost infinite leveling up. In Ultimate, you can completely max out every stat; or even make Lu Bu the fastest character in the game. In my opinion, that's making things a little too overpowered. So I purposely limit myself when playing, and never fully max out stats on my characters.
If anyone has it and would like to play online, I'm on PS3 under the name Shozuhn
Shozuhn
Initiate

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:35 pm

I love wo3. Even went for platinum on that one and I normally don't care much for trophies. Played most of the stages with the Xiahou clan obviously :lol: , although I did swap Ba for Cao Cao at times.
Don't know if I gonna buy ultimate though.
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shozuhn » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:54 pm

Xiahou Jia wrote:I love wo3. Even went for platinum on that one and I normally don't care much for trophies. Played most of the stages with the Xiahou clan obviously :lol: , although I did swap Ba for Cao Cao at times.
Don't know if I gonna buy ultimate though.

Ultimate does add a lot of new modes to the game, like Gauntlet Mode and Duels. Also about 10 more characters and tons more stages and battles. Also, you can level up your characters MUCH more in Ultimate. The only set back to that is that it's kinda giving you too much leveling up; to the point where you can be super overpowered if you choose to be. I'm actually deliberately not maxing out my stats to avoid this.
But if you loved regular WO3, then I definitely recommend WO3U.
Also... PS3 and Vita versions are currently on sale in the PSN Store. 40% off. But you better hurry if you want to catch them... the sale ends Tuesday I believe. (Dec 30)
Shozuhn
Initiate

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:08 pm

I checked the gameplay videos and the Gauntlet mode did look interesting. I was never fond of a tag team but always wanted the team to be present onscreen and fight alongside me. SW2E was pretty good in this with different multimusous available but I couldn't swap from one ally to another and now I can see that the characters actually do fight in formations as well. Still don't know about buying it though as I only get the discs not digitals (unless its a relatively small dlc). Especially after my previous console...died :lol:

Edit 8/03/15:
Got myself ps4 and played the game for 20-30 hours so far. As I thought the gauntlet mode is awesome. Just what I always wanted to play. The AI is absolutely devastating at 120 miasma level. If you don't know how to block/counter...you're dead, unless you abuse the SW musou type characters of course. But my team naturally consist of Xiahous, Mengde and Dian Wei so it's always a challenge. A single missed timing and it's game over as the damage done by the peons is DW5Chaoslikecrazy. It's nice to have 6 items slots as I need at least 3 items equipped at all times: demon mask, gold gauntlets and the one that nullifies elemental damage (unless you want to be windslayed instantly by the otherworld invaders). Brilliance no longer feels like cheating as you can't really afford to go all out offensive at max miasma level anyway.
Not sure how this whole invasion thing works though. I did notice that some of the teams I faced were equipped with Wind/Wrath combo for sure as they killed me when I was blocking the Lian Shi's musou without the elemental resistance item while others consisted of 4 Thrift characters + Ryu which strongly suggests human involvement. However I've never got an actual message of a player invading my level or my own team returning with items as described in a manual.
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:33 pm

I got bought the game by my work colleges for my birthday, finally had a chance to pop it in to my PS4. I really enjoyed the first two stages. I like the different way they've done it where they haven't bothered splitting them in to different kingdoms like in the first WO.

Having not played WO2 I'm wondering if there is some important story line stuff I've missed out on like who certain characters are?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games