[MOD] Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Destiny of an Emperor 2.0 : Rise of Lu Bu BETA MOD

Unread postby Tarrot » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Further thoughts:

Cleared Cheng Du, I got Thwart right before the Cheng Du battle, and was sad when I saw Liu Zhang with 240 AP, then happy when he only hit for 1k/shot.

Got the kids, did the other castle battles. Lingling is difficult, requires some luck, but fine. Wuling (or whatever the one with the Wei guys is) is incredibly hard, and I'd recommend toning down a lot, as I gave up after 5 tries of doing it legit. I think the idea you need a tactician for that fight is a good idea, but subbing Zhuge in still gave me occasional misses on Dun and Yuan with Inferno, and the reliance on TP meant I could only Zeal Zhuge and Lu Bu, only one of whom can do decent damage. Additionally, I'm only doing 300 damage/shot to the 23k Hua Xin, who has revive, where if he hits one revive its a reset in the battle. I'd lower Hua Xin down to about 13k himself, mainly cause I don't want to deal with him eventually attritioning out my army because I don't have the TP for constant thwarts/the damage output to take him down after a thwart even with power pills.

Also, some minor mistakes with Liu Bei's dialog when he becomes emperor. You forgot a period in one of your sentences (I forgot which one cause I typed my thoughts before), and he says "We will destory those pathetic dogs that govern that land." Again, haven't updated the latest version cause I'm lazy, so not sure if its fixed yet or not.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Further thoughts:

Cleared Cheng Du, I got Thwart right before the Cheng Du battle, and was sad when I saw Liu Zhang with 240 AP, then happy when he only hit for 1k/shot.

Got the kids, did the other castle battles. Lingling is difficult, requires some luck, but fine. Wuling (or whatever the one with the Wei guys is) is incredibly hard, and I'd recommend toning down a lot, as I gave up after 5 tries of doing it legit. I think the idea you need a tactician for that fight is a good idea, but subbing Zhuge in still gave me occasional misses on Dun and Yuan with Inferno, and the reliance on TP meant I could only Zeal Zhuge and Lu Bu, only one of whom can do decent damage. Additionally, I'm only doing 300 damage/shot to the 23k Hua Xin, who has revive, where if he hits one revive its a reset in the battle. I'd lower Hua Xin down to about 13k himself, mainly cause I don't want to deal with him eventually attritioning out my army because I don't have the TP for constant thwarts/the damage output to take him down after a thwart even with power pills.

Also, some minor mistakes with Liu Bei's dialog when he becomes emperor. You forgot a period in one of your sentences (I forgot which one cause I typed my thoughts before), and he says "We will destory those pathetic dogs that govern that land." Again, haven't updated the latest version cause I'm lazy, so not sure if its fixed yet or not.

Can't find the missing period, but I did find destory hehe. Didn't you know? Lu Bu is so powerful he can destory stories!

I've gotten mixed reviews on the Liu Zhang battle, but yeah he is pretty measly
Also, yeah, I'm removing Hua Xin entirely, I just threw him in there because the battle was too easy before, I have customized it a little more now it is going to be a battle between you and the anti-hero (I'll let you guess who that is) with bonus scripted dialogue! Also I toned down Dun's attack to 240 also. Updating shortly, I'll post when I do
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Updated link!
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:20 am

Did a couple more battle. The early Wu battles aren't that bad up until the Zhuge Jin battle.... argh that one was a pain. Ignoring the Negate and Behead threats, the biggest pain in that was Zhu Huan with Guard, and I think two others with Levee, which meant I had to use Inferno in that battle instead, a minor drop in damage. But the whole Guard thing was just annoying, forcing me to focus him down.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:02 pm

hmm, thought I cleared up all those battles that had guard + evade officers. I'll check that one out.

I have to get James to tell me how he made the Wei officers recruitable only after the death of Cao Pi on 2.0 so I can do that for Wu as well to balance things out a bit more
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby James » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:42 pm

There are a handful of officers (Cao generals) who are programmed to become recruitable when Cao Pi is killed in the original Destiny of an Emperor. I used their profiles and placed them in the appropriate battles.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:41 pm

ah that explains it... I was hoping to do the same thing for Wu, but meh. Thanks anyways
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:16 pm

There are a handful of officers (Cao generals) who are programmed to become recruitable when Cao Pi is killed in the original Destiny of an Emperor.

I think almost every gate / castle officer before Cao Pi is recruitable, except maybe Zhang Liao? But I think even he is recruitable. In addition to all the characters you beat at the gates, you can then recruit the Wei officers who are field enemies only like Cao Hong.

Did a couple more battle. The early Wu battles aren't that bad up until the Zhuge Jin battle.... argh that one was a pain. Ignoring the Negate and Behead threats, the biggest pain in that was Zhu Huan with Guard, and I think two others with Levee, which meant I had to use Inferno in that battle instead, a minor drop in damage. But the whole Guard thing was just annoying, forcing me to focus him down.

Right before that battle I recruited Lu Su on the field, finally an officer in the 180-220 INT range so he had An Sha and some other decent spells. But yea, with An Sha it got pretty easy in Wu and Wei. I have to admit, eliminating the 180-239 INT tacticians was a good way to artificially raise the difficulty. Tactics like Yin Xian, Ji Rou, Li Jian, etc are super cheap (ironically it was the 170-179 INT tacticians that saved the day with Li Jian / Mislead, otherwise there is no way I'd have beat some of those Jing Zhou battles with Lu Bu, Zhuge Liang, etc).
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Did the rest of the Wu fights, up through Jindu and the spirit fight, haven't fought Lu Meng yet cause I don't have the time. Anyways, fights are fine, if easy, but that's more a restriction of strategy available at this point in the game. Water Spirit fight was nice, but there's a couple small problems I saw. 1, the water spirit appears as a Pirate when you talk to it. 2, its dialog just doesn't fit a spirit, at least its introductory dialog. 3, not sure if intentional or not, but the water spirits in battle will sometimes shrink, and be a flat layer.

Also, Taishi Ci is very, very strong, I'd almost say save him until after the Sun Quan fight to join you if possible, or put him in the Sun Quan fight.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Right before that battle I recruited Lu Su on the field, finally an officer in the 180-220 INT range so he had An Sha and some other decent spells. But yea, with An Sha it got pretty easy in Wu and Wei. I have to admit, eliminating the 180-239 INT tacticians was a good way to artificially raise the difficulty. Tactics like Yin Xian, Ji Rou, Li Jian, etc are super cheap (ironically it was the 170-179 INT tacticians that saved the day with Li Jian / Mislead, otherwise there is no way I'd have beat some of those Jing Zhou battles with Lu Bu, Zhuge Liang, etc).

NO MORE! Now you can no longer get AnSha/Behead until much later in the game. New surprises in Wu now as well! :twisted:

I tried to make the game more fun without the need to save state hack for every AnSha/Behead. The game just flies by once you acquire this tactic and makes it more or less tedious in my opinion.

No more Zhou Yu recruitable after Jian An :huohu:

Did the rest of the Wu fights, up through Jindu and the spirit fight, haven't fought Lu Meng yet cause I don't have the time. Anyways, fights are fine, if easy, but that's more a restriction of strategy available at this point in the game. Water Spirit fight was nice, but there's a couple small problems I saw. 1, the water spirit appears as a Pirate when you talk to it. 2, its dialog just doesn't fit a spirit, at least its introductory dialog. 3, not sure if intentional or not, but the water spirits in battle will sometimes shrink, and be a flat layer.

Also, Taishi Ci is very, very strong, I'd almost say save him until after the Sun Quan fight to join you if possible, or put him in the Sun Quan fight.

I can't change the pirate sprite, I've tried. I lowered Taishi Ci's hp by 10,000, but he still has that beefy 200 def. and 250 ap. Did you update the mod and get Shamoke?

yes, like actual water, it crests and troughs :D

Actually, havent done anything to the Lu Meng battle, someone give me some ideas on that one...

Be prepared for more epicness to this mod than you ever thought possible (well, at least I hope:) ) the update probably wont come until tomorrow though...
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games