[MOD] Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Destiny of an Emperor 2.0 : Rise of Lu Bu BETA MOD

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Updated
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby James » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Just a small observation about creating a mod like this. If you see, through feedback, that an area is consistently unenjoyable, or if a clever idea is lost on most who play the game (e.g. a battle which requires a specific strategist in reserve) it is probably for the best that the battle or section in question is revised. There are exceptions to this in, say, my Cao Cao mod, but those exceptions are things which I should revise even now.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Is why were Beta-ing this thing, most of the feedback has caused me to edit a majority of the tough as nails fights as well as to create more interesting battles as well :)
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:59 pm

You know, I never checked billeting, so I never realized Zhuge had joined me already. I also missed out on the Miracle TP boost. I've been using Ma Liang as my tactician this whole time. I think it is because his message when he joined was just.... it didn't let me know he joined. And the only reason I checked billeting was cause I got Ma Chao and Meng Huo in there.

Rest of the fights up to the last Meng Huo fight are fine, if a little too easy. May want to consider upping the defense of Pang Tong at the Meng Huo castle fight to make it more difficult. That, or put the river by the castle, so Pang Tong gets access to water tactics.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:50 pm

So I spent all this time making it easier now you're being a glutton for punishment eh? Hmm, well Pang Tong doesnt have Huo Shen there, I actually downed his attack so he wouldn't nuke your whole party in 1 hit doing 5,000's. The only one I can think of is maybe the Zhang Lu battle or the gates before Cheng Du

I also added some dialogue for ZGL so he says something to the effect "Let me join you"
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:12 am

There are exceptions to this in, say, my Cao Cao mod, but those exceptions are things which I should revise even now.

But will you?
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:23 am

sonic.penguin wrote:
There are exceptions to this in, say, my Cao Cao mod, but those exceptions are things which I should revise even now.

But will you?

Nah, cause he's James and he's super lazy. :p But his mod is still technically in beta since he released the last version.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Tarrot wrote:Nah, cause he's James and he's super lazy. :p But his mod is still technically in beta since he released the last version.

I want to put the final wraps on it quite badly. I just need to find the time to push into the whole swing of things again (and avoid the temptation of doing something new and drastic). What would be really awesome is if an experienced modder of the game could just make the few final adjustments I have in mind and get this thing wrapped up.

I probably won't fix all of those little moments I just mentioned, though.

And that might be because I'm lazy. :lol:
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:33 pm

James wrote:
Tarrot wrote:Nah, cause he's James and he's super lazy. :p But his mod is still technically in beta since he released the last version.

I want to put the final wraps on it quite badly. I just need to find the time to push into the whole swing of things again (and avoid the temptation of doing something new and drastic). What would be really awesome is if an experienced modder of the game could just make the few final adjustments I have in mind and get this thing wrapped up.

I probably won't fix all of those little moments I just mentioned, though.

And that might be because I'm lazy. :lol:

James with all the stuff we now know about modding DoaE you should just pick up the project and go nuts with it. Full map edits, moving towns and battles all around, 100 or so new unique portraits. Go for broke! :wink:
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby James » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:32 pm

MiDKnighT wrote:James with all the stuff we now know about modding DoaE you should just pick up the project and go nuts with it. Full map edits, moving towns and battles all around, 100 or so new unique portraits. Go for broke! :wink:

It was the ~100 unique portraits that left me especially intrigued. I could have loads of fun with it. Heck, if I had the time, I'd put the finishing touches on the Wei mod and make a reworked Wu mod. As it stands, though, between work, home, and married life, it would be hard to justify spending a myriad hours doing this. I would at least like to get it online, though. And I think the last challenge to fuss over is the officer biographies in the introduction.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games