[MOD] Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Destiny of an Emperor 2.0 : Rise of Lu Bu BETA MOD

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:59 pm

To simplify things you could try assigning a deleted battle to a currently placed castle. If that works out, you could create a new location on the map and assign it accordingly. I think special encounters (e.g. Lü Bu in Shu) depend on hard-coded logic.

Can I do this in the hex? If so which lines? Or is there a forum with a list of codes for battles.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby James » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:06 pm

I found all of that stuff at some point while I was working on my mods. All I remember now is that I encountered additional complications and decided against additional map/location editing. I shared everything I did somewhere online, but it is a trick figuring out where. I think there's a thread here dedicated to hacking details in Destiny of an Emperor and I contributed to a similar thread over at LYS's forum. If I've still got the information it is going to be in my hacking notes on my main computer which, ironically, I rarely turn on.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tarrot » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:53 pm

sonic.penguin wrote:Just read your hidden one, yeah the point was there to be rather confusing so as to trick the player into choosing yes. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to save innocents? That was on purpose, did you fall for it?

I knew enough from James' thoughts and attempts on modding the game that the no choice was the only option there (how he described how clever he had to be to do the Lu Bu Gemsword Deal), so I couldn't be tricked there.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:58 pm

aww darn it, put it down for a good try then :)
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:55 am

Ok, tried the special fight, right now the fight is impossible unless you have extremely good luck with the RNG and evade. (full thoughts inside, including suggestions and a minor bug report)

First, tried the mislead strategy, but DZ only does about 1500 damage/attack to his generals, and with his int, can't reliably be misleaded. I figured this was not the best way to go about it, so I went with Ma Liang, and evade which I have at this time.

The problem with evade is that it's a RNG tactic, which needs to be executed quickly, and even with Red Hare, the enemy generals are still getting hits in on me, and I just run out of elixirs to heal with even with the inventory stocked full. If DZ gets a hit in before evade, that's one general I need to ress then use an elixir on.

Additionally, as a minor bug, DZ's health warps around, so at about 25k HP or so, his health bar is gone, then it reappears again. Also, if you are unaware, having DZ's hp that high means his fight will give out an insane amount of experience.

My suggestion on the fight: Lower his HP into about the 20kish range. This will also fix the minor bug. I was doing with all 5 generals attacking, about 1200-1400 damage/turn on DZ. At 33k HP, that's 23 turns needed to take him out, not counting the other generals, and not counting my Zhao Yun needing to constantly re-cast evade, and not counting the turns wasted on healing over 1k/reviving dead generals.

Note: I did not use Zeal or Torrent to fight DZ, because I needed so much TP for evade. Zeal would only add about 300 damage/hit to my Sword guys, which wouldn't off-set a 2/3 turn Evade. Torrent, while useful for AOE damage, is 10 TP, not a guaranteed hit, and because they all have low level tactics, they can easily cast levee and ruin that strategy. Even without it, I'm only doing 10k damage, tops, on DZ with torrent, leaving another 20k+, and that's with no evades casted.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:44 am

Try this: Zeal + Torrent (zeal doubles tactic attack as well) can wipe out most other officers in about 1-2 casts. Zeal + Power pill + Sword you can deal out some heavy 1000-1500's x 3 officers can be 3k-4500 in one turn, x3 turns is around 10,000 between the 3 which leaves another for evade or healing. You WILL need power pills. This fight, Mislead might or might not be so great. Its a toss up. I actually breezed through this fight with the above strat so didn't give it much thought, but I'll take another look at it.

Note: I did not use Zeal or Torrent to fight DZ, because I needed so much TP for evade. Zeal would only add about 300 damage/hit to my Sword guys,

It probably would be easier to take him down faster rather than dragging it out longer with Evades. DZ agility is low as well FYI.

Additionally, as a minor bug, DZ's health warps around, so at about 25k HP or so, his health bar is gone, then it reappears again. Also, if you are unaware, having DZ's hp that high means his fight will give out an insane amount of experience.

This is because yours bars are probably Yellow or Blue. With that amount of HP itd be Green so the bar cycles because it is so far out of the bounds of the yellow.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:24 pm

yes, Pang Tong and Zhuge are recruitable, but are made to be very difficult to get due to the fact you have a super monster already.

Also, just lowered DZ hp down to 20k'ish
Last edited by sonic.penguin on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:03 pm

UPDATED mod on the main page.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Not the updated mod, but in my version, King Mulu (you had Mulu Dousi) has Wang the Tiger's sprite.

Also, did the DZ battle the hard way with 30k, but I still think 20k is the right way to go. Torrent's problem is, there's no one whose guaranteed to hit it, so it can easily miss 4/5 guys for 10 TP, pretty much forcing a reload.

Did the first two Meng Huo battles, they're fine, and do require looking at the screen (Zhu Rong doesn't have a picture, not sure if that's intentional), haven't had the time to do the last one yet. Random q, is the 9k Pang Tong running around recruitable if I beat him now, or do I have to beat him in a castle battle first?
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Not the updated mod, but in my version, King Mulu (you had Mulu Dousi) has Wang the Tiger's sprite.

That is intentional. In the novel he used animals to attack Zhuge Liangs forces. I think it was Mulu Dawang though, I'll change that.

Also, did the DZ battle the hard way with 30k, but I still think 20k is the right way to go. Torrent's problem is, there's no one whose guaranteed to hit it, so it can easily miss 4/5 guys for 10 TP, pretty much forcing a reload.

About that time in the game you should have a larger pool of TP. Battle might have been easier had you kept Xu Shu and fought it, maybe not. Did you find Zhuge? You might have to wait until after Shu to win. Did you recruit Ma Liang or Ma Su?

Did the first two Meng Huo battles, they're fine, and do require looking at the screen (Zhu Rong doesn't have a picture, not sure if that's intentional), haven't had the time to do the last one yet. Random q, is the 9k Pang Tong running around recruitable if I beat him now, or do I have to beat him in a castle battle first?

Yeah, no portrait, didn't exactly want to put a male portrait there, but MidKnight is working on figuring out ROM expansion so maybe in the future we can add more portraits instead of replacing current ones which is more or less the current method.

And yes, you do have to complete the Shu section first for PT, but don't expect him to magically work wonders :)

The big problem I always had with Shu is that their guys had only a few thousand troops, then you jump to Wu and they have like 20,000+ guys. I tried to ease that transition a little.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games