[MOD] Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Destiny of an Emperor 2.0 : Rise of Lu Bu BETA MOD

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Updated Mod again, thank God for beta testing

*Fixed a bug where
Barbari
an Force was appearing in Yuan Shu territory + fixed name too hehe

*Map changes
*Balance changes around Jing Zhou
*Text changes/updating
*Battle change in Wu
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Since I don't have an old save, can you tell me what the new battle is?

Also, I'm not sure if it's a typo, or a font issue, but when Xu Shu says "I'm on a quest", the q looks weird. Not like its an o, but it doesn't look like a q either.

Also, at billeting, it says "New Mem" and "Del Mem" instead of men.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Since I don't have an old save, can you tell me what the new battle is?

Zhao Yun is added to the battle. I have been thinking of changing the whole battle though to one w/ Gongsun Zan :o

Also, I'm not sure if it's a typo, or a font issue, but when Xu Shu says "I'm on a quest", the q looks weird. Not like its an o, but it doesn't look like a q either.

not a typo, thats just how the q's look in game. You'll notice this at another point later in the game.

Code: Select all
Also, at billeting, it says "New Mem" and "Del Mem" instead of men.

Mem is short for 'Member' as in party member.

Thanks for keeping an eye out, I appreciate your sharp eye and updates :)
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Updated (again) new Gongsun Zan battle @ Bo Hai
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Also did the other battles up to Yuan Shao at Ji, although I haven't done that one yet. Quick thoughts:

Wen Chou/Yan Liang could use an attack boost, since they are supposed to be Yuan Shao's super guys, it would make the fight harder.

Guangling or whatever the one castle is fine, although getting guard and Zeal helped a lot for this battle.

The new hidden battle is nice, although basically its a keep *spoilers* doubted fight, which sucks cause his agility is so high that he invariably gets a turn in after he clears doubt to 1-shot me before I doubt him again.

Also checked out the Chang Sha battle. I think I'm going to need a lot of power-pills to do that battle, though it should still be doable before I do Ji.

Also, not sure if a mistake or not, but, no new skill at 20.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:33 pm

Wen Chou/Yan Liang could use an attack boost, since they are supposed to be Yuan Shao's super guys, it would make the fight harder.

Thought about that as well, but that is about the time you acquire Guard which makes it easier. I can take a look at it again though.

The new hidden battle is nice, although basically its a keep *spoilers* doubted fight, which sucks cause his agility is so high that he invariably gets a turn in after he clears doubt to 1-shot me before I doubt him again.

That was the idea, in that it isn't really meant to be fought before a certain point so as to make sure the player levels are beefy enough to continue on to Jing Zhou. This is also a tough one in that fighting only 1 officer (in the past) made it really easy to win without getting scratched really.

Also checked out the Chang Sha battle. I think I'm going to need a lot of power-pills to do that battle, though it should still be doable before I do Ji.

Thats one way of doing it, but the plan was to force players to complete the Yuan Shao area first by making Chang Sha very hard to prevent players from crushing Ji Zhou later with Swords. How was Ling Ling? hehe

Also, not sure if a mistake or not, but, no new skill at 20.

If you only had Xu Shu in your party that might be why. Its always good to have 2 types of strategists so as to acquire the TP for skills on level up and have the best range of tactics available. Mi Zhu would have been a safe bet to be the one who learned the new skill if you got him in Xu Zhou

Thanks for the continued feedback
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:01 am

updated mod again once more before bed, make sure to keep it current to keep it the most bug free (hopefully)
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:51 am

Can you please drop Lu Bu's agility to something where he doesn't get the first attack every round? I'm giving up on the Ji battle, and the mod for a while, because Lu Bu ruins the whole Ji Battle. Having him doubted is one thing, but when I need to doubt him, and get guard up, and get Zeal up on my two attackers, and Lu Bu has a 4/5 chance of making me need to reload the battle on the first turn, not to mention if Zhang He and Yuan Shao decide to 2 shot one of my guys, the battle isn't fun. I have Zhao Yun (decent agility) with Red Hare, and Lu Bu every turn gets the first shot in without fail. I just don't like random chance battles.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:03 pm

Hint: Use a differnt tactician, Xu Shu is not always the best, try Mi Zhu or Chen Deng as they may offer you a unique advantage. Not all tacticians are equal. Lu Bu is not that schmart but you're not the only one he hits like a truck ^.-
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Ok, the mislead strategy does work a lot better then doubt-bombing, although it did get annoying to have to cast it every turn, since he voided mislead 4 times in a row on me. I would still lower his agility though for this encounter, considering the supporting cast can 2-shot you.

Also, as a very minor thing: Wen Chou's picture has no beard, but his sprite had a bright green beard.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games