[MOD] Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Destiny of an Emperor 2.0 : Rise of Lu Bu BETA MOD

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:38 pm

For changing TP levels on level up? I did that in the Cao Cao mod.
... but I definitely don't remember where that was in the ROM.

After about an hour of going through a hex editor and a few helpful tips from MidKnight, ive managed to pick it up and learn what hex is all about. got it, its at line 3B660. So... if i change a 3 to lets say, a 14, would that be a 1/16 chance of getting +14 tp (not like id do that, just curious)
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Will probably be adding the mace for sale in Xu Zhou for those who want to grind to afford it, but then again, you won't be armored so you'll probably die anyways. Also it might make the HuLaoGate battle a little easier
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Trying it again with the new mod, noticed a couple things:

1: When you did the geography in the Yellow Turbans area, a lot of the area looks... glitchy, is the best way to put it. Like, the oceans just don't look like they match.

2: Liao Hua became Guan Hai in my army for some reason.

*edit*

3: Why does Guan Ping have Guan Xing's picture?

4: Why the color changes to Guan Yu and Zhang Fei's sprites?
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:18 pm

sonic.penguin wrote:After about an hour of going through a hex editor and a few helpful tips from MidKnight, ive managed to pick it up and learn what hex is all about. got it, its at line 3B660. So... if i change a 3 to lets say, a 14, would that be a 1/16 chance of getting +14 tp (not like id do that, just curious)

Well hey, if you've found it, just go ahead and change it, load up the ROM, and see what happens. If I remember correctly you can set a top range and a bottom range, but it has been a while.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Trying it again with the new mod, noticed a couple things:

1: When you did the geography in the Yellow Turbans area, a lot of the area looks... glitchy, is the best way to put it. Like, the oceans just don't look like they match.

2: Liao Hua became Guan Hai in my army for some reason.

*edit*

3: Why does Guan Ping have Guan Xing's picture?

4: Why the color changes to Guan Yu and Zhang Fei's sprites?

1. It's because the tiles are hard to see and put in for that matter, particularly water tiles, but that's all in beta. I just wanted to test out my map making skills and make the YT area more interesting + actually might have a chance to use water tactics for a change, hence, why it is not all mountains instead which would have looked better probably.

2. Just for a change... let me know what you think.

3. Its actually a little different if you look closely. Since most people get him, I thought it would be nice to have a better pic.

4.Just for a change... let me know what you think.

Well hey, if you've found it, just go ahead and change it, load up the ROM, and see what happens. If I remember correctly you can set a top range and a bottom range, but it has been a while.

Changed this as well in the MOD, will upload soon. TP gains will now range from 5-6 with a 1/16 chance of getting 4 (unlucky you!) or 7 (lucky you! lucky 7 ftw!)
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Updated the mod, uploaded, and now testing. I think Ji Ling is hitting a little hard atm but just beat the battle without using S-states
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:08 pm

The problem with tactics is, you only use them around boss battles. If you made it so more castles were on the water in some areas, it might make water tactics more useful.

Also, just did the Ji Ling battle. Personally, I'd tinker with his attack values, and try to make it where under 1000 troops he does about 350-400 damage or so if you have full armor upgrades. I think this would make the armor much more worthwhile if you could find the magic spot, and make the fight easier as you won't have your guys you just resurrected getting one-shot, and it would give a reason to buy elixir b's as well, since when you get hit after being ress'd, you'd be doing poor damage, and would need to heal or die and get ress'd to recover.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:39 pm

Updated link, making adjustments as Im getting feedback.

Keep in mind that high int. strategies arent always the best. Mislead can be invaluable through certain parts
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:25 am

Continued leveling up, Yuan Shu battle is fine. Small problem I ran into: at levels 16 and 17, I get no new skills, thus no new TP. I forget if its like this in the original, but if its cause my strategists aren't good enough, that kinda sucks. The only guy you get who is better than the Chen's/Huo Hu is Liu Ye if you farm him in Yuan Shu's area, up until Xu Shu.

Also, next castle battle after Yuan Shu is fine, maybe a smidge too easy with the general's stats, but I wouldn't make it that much harder.

Also, oddly, I keep running into food issues in this version, I don't know why though.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Continued leveling up, Yuan Shu battle is fine. Small problem I ran into: at levels 16 and 17, I get no new skills, thus no new TP. I forget if its like this in the original, but if its cause my strategists aren't good enough, that kinda sucks. The only guy you get who is better than the Chen's/Huo Hu is Liu Ye if you farm him in Yuan Shu's area, up until Xu Shu.

Can't get Liu Ye, he is non-encounterable on the world map FYI. This is for a reason later on the game temporarily eliminates Tacticians are of a certain "type" to make the game less exploitable by getting officers that acquire An-Sha/Behead. This is another reason I updated TP amounts.
On my run through I actually got Xu Shu just before getting Recover, although you will probably miss out on FuBing/Ambush on a level up at least unless you grind like a maniac with Liu Bei. The lower the levels you can get to Xu Shu, the more TP you can get (slightly more). However I took into account that there are some tactics you will "learn" but not get the TP for, thus, another reason I bumped TP from 3-5 to 5-6 (with +4 (bad) or 7 (good) bonus :P)

Also, next castle battle after Yuan Shu is fine, maybe a smidge too easy with the general's stats, but I wouldn't make it that much harder.

In the updated link, I made this battle a little harder with a special appearance :D Now there are 4 officers.

Also, oddly, I keep running into food issues in this version, I don't know why though
Yeah, I kind of planned it that way, now the food shop actually serves a function which was kind of pointless throughout the game before. Let me know if it is too obnoxious though.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games