[MOD] Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: COMPLETE! [MOD] Destiny of an Emperor; Rise of Lu Bu 2.0

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:19 am

I am happy to have played through this mod and beaten the game. Loved the extra characters added and the battles with unexpected characters at the end. It was a very challenging game, even when I made some cheat codes to speed it up... ;)

I however could not find lu bu's horse red hair. Can you be more specific (a screenshot or directions from a gullwing).

Going to try your second mod as well...

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Although it is hopefully going to get a large revamping upon my release of Flames of Wu. While that is being beta-tested, I will be working on ROLB again. I'd have to say and I agree with some people, that ROLB is almost TOO challenging! That will get reworked hopefully with some new additions and coding.

Also, here is the Red Hare location:

sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby trimidium » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 am

Thanks for the screenshot~!

If you put out another version of the Rise of Lu Bu is it something that will be useful at the end of the game or just for replay? Already on lv 50, with main battles beaten... no extra saves...

I'm not all that sold on the ending story when you talk to Liu Bei... I wouldn't mind that changing (or else causing another battle).
trimidium
Tyro

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:07 pm

No problem. If I revamped it, it would include all of the features currently found in my other DOAE Mod Rise of Ieyasu such as:

*Dueling
*Expanded Text
*Expanded 8 Tactics
*Updated Tactic Cost/Gains
*Updated Tactic Power/Success Rate
*Life/Raise Tactics
*Modified diffculty to match updates
*Agility-Based Attacks
*Unique officer profiles
*Balancing of over-powered officers
*Updated portraits
*Updated sprites
*Some minor map edits

As far as the ending w/ Liu Bei, it's something I felt would befit the personality of the stories protaganist. If you have a suggestion on altering it, I'd be glad to try something out. :huohu:
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:18 am

Version 3.0 in the works. TBA soon so stay tuned! :lol:

sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Re: [MOD] Rise of Lu Bu 3.0 BETA TESTING

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:05 am

Rise of Lu Bu 3.0 BETA is released! Check out the first post of this page and be sure to provide me with feedback during your testing.

*Bugs*
1. The opening sequence has not been edited yet.
2. Use savestates often because sometimes battles will lock up if the last person in a formation goes first.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:42 pm

New version uploaded with:
* Ding Yuan removal bug fixed which caused the game to become unplayable at after chapter 5.
* Multiple dialogue fixes
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:33 am

Mod updated on the front page with the Last Guy Going First = Freeze Bug Fixed!
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:37 am

Fixed the Yang Hu double bug in latest version.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Well it seems that the flaming error bugs have crept into the lordyuanshu.com/forums website so for downloading of this mod for a time. Please continue to post any errors, game-freezes, typos, or miscellaneous bugs here so that they can be fixed before I undertake ANOTHER DOAE MOD!!?!!? :pika:
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Re: [MOD] Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:52 am

So I played this mod on my phone on airline flights and in whatever free time I had when I wasn't near a computer and wow was it fun! I know Flames of Wu and Ieyasu are more complete mods due to all the map editing and such but I probably had the most fun playing this one. Probably because I felt pretty uber powerful through most of the game. In the end game after handing out all the Halberds I was pretty unstoppable. My final party was:

Yang Hu
Lu Bu
Guan Yu
Zhang Liao
Zhang Zhao
* Zuo Ci (tactitian)

I had little trouble with the last fights (except Nobunaga) as a Zealed Lu Bu + Carnage could take out most officers in one shot.

Very fun mod. And I really enjoyed all the humor in each town. Especially taking traditional DoaE lines and adding a humorous spin on them. Nice and fun mod, highly recommended. And playing mods on a smart phone is pretty damn awesome if I may say so. The graphics don't look dated on that little screen :) This game was made for smart phones (many years after the fact).

I know I still have my bug to do list. But that involves me sticking my head into the guts of 6502 assembly for several hours to track down the bugs which is never fun. I have some ideas of what is wrong with some of the major issues but I still need to do a lot more tracing.
MiDKnighT
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games