[MOD] Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: [MOD] Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Awesome, glad to hear you got another opportunity to run through this one. One concern I had as I was editing the bugs was that Zhang Liao is used pretty much ALL game... I didn't know if that was something people liked or didn't like. With Lu Bu's monster soldier growth he does become the staple of the party for most of the game.

I think I probably spent the most time on townspeople text in this mod than ANY other because it was my first mod and I had nothing else to do, no other major things to edit such as the officer stats, profiles, and map editing which is available now. Was Zuo Ci overpowered? just curious as I added him in last minute as I felt "Lu LIngqi" was obsolete by that point in the game and not even worth adding to the party.

I'm sure as you went along you saw the "duel" bug where people tried to duel themselves. Thats really the only major bug with the mod at the current time now that I know of with ROLB but that is because it runs on the 1.2 patch and doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the other stuff. Glad it works on smartphones too. Did you catch that I updated the portraits as well?

Cool beans, thanks for the review and input on the classics!
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:17 pm

I actually used Lu Bu and Zhang Liao the entire game. I didn't mind so much. I had Guan Yu and Yang Hu in my party the entire time I had them too. I had Liu Bei as the 5th guy until he was replaced with Zhang Zhao who had more INT and Focus power.

I actually updated the mod in the middle/end of it with your latest one. I had recruited Lu LIngqi but left her in billeting. Once I updated the mod I noticed that Zuo Ci was in billeting. I never used him in my party but kept him as my tactician once I saw him. I'd say my whole party was fairly overpowered in the end game. I had a first round strategy that killed it in most fights unless someone used Thrwart. It was:

Yang Hu: Focus (for extra defense)
Lu Bu: Carnage (on the biggest threat)
Guan Yu: Guard
Zhang Liao: Haste
Zhang Zhao: Zeal

If I got all those off in the 1st round I was unstoppable. The only exception being the bonus battle which gave me a scare.

I saw a couple of game bugs but not much. Of course they are so random that they would be impossible to catch and troubleshoot unless a save state was taken right before. I did catch the updated portraits. Major changes in the update.
MiDKnighT
Master

Unread postby grimoruminvoke » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:30 am

I am stuck at Chang An castle.

Ding Yuan received a letter from Yuan Shu, but nothing happens.
I can't cross the river because I have 1000 men and Xia How Yuan has 22,000.

I need guidance please
grimoruminvoke
Tyro

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:05 pm

Don't cross the river, try another route
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Enferno » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi sonic.penguin I have been trying to contact you on several forums and even youtube :P ...I am stuck after killing Pang Tong and losing Hi Meng at Guiyang. The guy on the throne there say's "Crap what do we do now?" and I have walked around through every place I teleport (even back up north to get Ma Su and Ma Liang) and I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do next! I have been searching for over 4 hours now and nothing. I absolutely LOVE your mod and I seriously hope you're still working on the "Cao Cao" mod as it looks like a brand new game!! PLEASE help me out, much appreciated!!
Enferno
Tyro

Unread postby Enferno » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Hey I figured it out!! I played through the vanilla DOAE and totally forgot about the "Zhuge Liang" part :( ... Thats why I couldn't cross over into Shu!

Anyhow this mod makes this game so awesome again, thanks for all of your hard work and time! PLEASE keep making the "Hero of Chaos (Cao Cao mod)"! This one looks like a total game changer!!!
Enferno
Tyro

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Glad you figured it out. Yes, you need to continue the "Zhuge Liang" quest with his replacement. In terms of total game changers, Rise of Ieyasu and Flames of Wu are even more different than Rise of Lu Bu. Glad you are enjoying the mods.

I won't be able to continue work on 'Hero of Chaos' unless MiDKnighT can fix the problems with DOAEditor...
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby 呂布奉先 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:04 pm

I have finished a complete playthrough of Rise of Lu Bu and created a playlist just for it on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... BmBvMudQmh

The whole experience was pretty amusing, I enjoyed this mod.
呂布奉先
Tyro

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu May 05, 2016 3:34 pm

So I have watched a number of your episodes, currently up to episode 5. I have noticed a few bugs regarding character dialogue and in one case a disappearing sprite (Yuan Shu's messenger).

The playthrough is very entertaining and it's great to hear your reactions to the story, dialogue, and when you're discovering how to use tactics and what specific items do (the Steed and Red Hare are passive inventory items for example that allow x2 attacks and/or increased agility which allows multiple attacks like when you attack 4, 5, or 6 times.)

Sorry I couldn't explain all this in-game, maybe a FAQ could fix that. Either way, I will continue watching your episodes and hopefully you get the chance to try either Rise of Ieyasu or the Flames of Wu mod.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Zhang Lu » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:09 pm

Started playing this a few nights ago, and after some frustration and having to grind for levels and gold, I'm now about to begin Wu. Already ran into the nearby cave and got the Saltpeter. Rolling with this party since I, for some inexplicable reason, have not been allowed to recruit any of the officers in the regions that I've beaten. Would have liked to roll around Wu with Yan Yan or one of the other Shu officers with high soldier counts.

Ma Chao (5014)
Guan Yu (2916)
Lu Bu (5940)
Zhang Liao (4406)
Liu Bei (3623)
* Yang Hu (2774)
Wei Yan (5013)

Have not defeated Dark Dragon yet, and probably have no plans to do so until I hit max level as my tactics do not even put a dent in him right now.

ALMOST INSTANT EDIT: I can recruit!!! Got Shamoke to join. Not sure that's gonna help too much, as his high soldier count is offset by a brutally low intelligence that will just get him butchered by Wu's tacticians :(

EDIT #2: I've made some headway to the Sun Ce fight. I personally find him nigh on impossible. Even after getting Zhang Zhao, the tactic points run out way too fast and without being able to put a dent in Sun Ce's soldier count, he just picks us off with one hit. Another situation where I will have to waste time and grind several levels just to have a chance.

Party now looks like this at level 39

Lu Bu (14640)
Zhang Liao (12318)
Zhang Zhao (7544)
Guan Yu (9523)
Dark Dragon! (9523)
Zhang Fei (13023)
* Yang Hu (8515)

Not even the recently-learned Inferno puts any significant dent into our enemies.
Zhang Lu
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games