LoCC mods and modding, modding in general

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

LoCC mods and modding, modding in general

Unread postby Levesque83 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:07 am

Hello everyone,
I have been going through all of these forums but I can not find all the information I need in one nice little location. I have been going through countless forums and sites only to find bits and pieces and dead ends. I suppose if I knew Chinese I could get some where on XYCQ, but unfortunately I can not. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to modding, though I have made my own DoE mods, and Chrono Trigger, FF mods, but now I think its time to mod the kind of games I love the most, turn-based strategy games, and LoCC seems like the best choice. The question is how? what do I need in the lines of knowledge and programing? and are these materials in English? or Chinese? Anyway thank you everyone, and I hope to hear from you :D
Levesque83
Tyro

Re: LoCC mods and modding, modding in general

Unread postby Levesque83 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:10 am

I forgot to mention, that any links to LoCC mods would be helpful, such as LoJW, the new LoCC and DW fusion, etc... the other links are to the Chinese site and I seem to have a little trouble finding the dl link, my google translator went out to lunch as well... :(
Levesque83
Tyro

Re: LoCC mods and modding, modding in general

Unread postby Masatog » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Apparently, the editors are in Chinese, so if you don't know Chinese, it is really difficult and time consuming to learn. Even knowing Chinese, it takes a lot of time to even make a mod.

What you can do is to use the Chinese script editor to mod an English mod like the already modded LoCC from LadyWu. You can look at the scripts in the file you are looking at and compare it to what you see in the game.
There are many scripts to use so it will be really confusing to learn from the start. You will need a lot of determination to learn it though.

You should start by downloading GongsunZan's semi-translated game editor and open the S_00 file (the R file are the talking scenes, not the in-battle talking and battle). That file is the first stage battle against the Yellow Turbans. Use a paper to jot down which number script does what.

If you have questions about what does what in the editor, you can ask me, but I won't know all of the things in there; just the ones necessary to make a MOD. Good luck!!

Oh, and about the Chinese mods, the download links are not allow to be shared in public and I do not have the Chinese mods in my new computer.
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games