San Guo Sha! (the card game)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

San Guo Sha! (the card game)

Unread postby Harimau » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:23 am

Anyone else here played this? It's based on the "Bang!" card game, and its currently the craze among my friends. >_< I admit that I can't get into it that much, but...
If I'm posting here, it means I'm procrastinating.
Harimau
Shangshu Ling

Re: San Guo Sha! (the card game)

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:29 pm

Yeah, I've been playing it with my Hong Kong friends but none of my Canadian friends play it. I still have some Mainland international student friends though here in Canada.

There's an iPhone app for it :)
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby chicken soup » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:14 am

I've only started playing sanguosha around a month ago....

I have a few question about the iPhone app.
How does the system work? Does it really simulate the game? The cards in the screenshot are not the one's I've seen before...
chicken soup
Tyro

Unread postby Vitruvius » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:36 pm

I like this game! Unlike all the other KOEI video games, this game is actually very cleverly designed to reflect the true characteristics of the characters in 3K history. Its sad to see that nobody is responding to this thread :( I wish the the company will release an English version!

Theres an English website devoted to this card game here: http://sanguoshaenglish.blogspot.com/. Check it out!
Vitruvius
Student

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:06 am

Does anyone here play this online? There are a few SoSZ'ers who are new to the game and just started playing on http://web.sanguosha.com/ , and wouldn't mind having a few more friendly SoSZ'ers to form a room. It's pretty scary when you're just starting out to play with random Chinese people. :P
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:34 am

Is it in English?
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Starscream » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:39 pm

I just created an account but the main screen has too much information flying around and I'm trying hard to focus. Will attempt a quiet game tomorrow.
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Starscream » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:49 am

Have done a few dozen matches and sad to say, I fail horribly whenever I chose Wu generals. It is weird why I survive better using Wei characters and taking the traitor role. :rangry:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Starscream wrote:Have done a few dozen matches and sad to say, I fail horribly whenever I chose Wu generals. It is weird why I survive better using Wei characters and taking the traitor role. :rangry:

Lu Xun is best.

Or level up enough to unlock Lu Meng. Then just sit around collecting kill cards until you get a Zhuge Crossbow, then kill everyone else off. :devil:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Starscream » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:30 am

Lady Wu wrote:Or level up enough to unlock Lu Meng. Then just sit around collecting kill cards until you get a Zhuge Crossbow, then kill everyone else off. :devil:

Lu Xun ensures that I lose mid-game. :cry: My best is still Gan Ning, when the ruler is Sun Quan. Managed to keep him under control for most of the game. Unfortunately, my fellow traitors left the table mid-way and I took the brunt of the loyalists' attacks. :rangry:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games