English Patch for Nobunaga's Ambition [13] [Delayed]

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

English Patch for Nobunaga's Ambition [13] [Delayed]

Unread postby Cao Shang » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:56 pm

English Patch for Nobunaga's Ambition [13] for Japanese Version

Current Version: Delayed till sometime next year!
Download Links:
None

People and Country were shocked when bad news about the Campaign reached them. The long and harsh winter, as well as low supplies forced the army to retreat to their homelands till better times would arrive...
Last edited by Cao Shang on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cao Shang
Langzhong

Re: English Patch for Nobunaga's Ambition [13] [WIP]

Unread postby Ranbir » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Wow, great stuff. Wish you all the best with it. I've always been frustrated with the PS2 versions.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby langtuviet » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:06 pm

I really appreciate your work Cao Shang, but are you working on the nobu 13 regular or PUK? the PUK version just came out yesterday I think, look forward to seeing the english patch for this game. Thanks CaoShang
langtuviet
Tyro

Unread postby Drakken » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Definitely wait for the PUK, Cao. Trust me, features are worth it : "Culture" feature, AI and campaign editor, better court politics, a scenario with Takeda Nobutora holding Kai and a one-castle Takeda domain. And you know you can trust me on this. ;)

The only reason why I didn't do such a patch is because A) it is 80% similar to Kakushin, and B) I don't know how to use the damn hex editor. :lol:

Mine PUK has just left Japan, and I have made lots of work of translation by myself using my New Nelson. :twisted:
Last edited by Drakken on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drakken
Assistant

Unread postby Drakken » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Also, before doing anything, perhaps you'd like to have the latest update patch? :wink:
Drakken
Assistant

Unread postby Cao Shang » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Then I guess I will wait for the PUK. Sadly there doesn't seem to be an dialog editor this time, so only way would be to use a hex editor for that too... Latest update patch sounds good, I installed one already though.
Now using a hex editor isn't that hard, maybe I should teach you.

Definitely would need to find someone who translates all character names in the scenarios with the editor! :wink:
I only did Date Masamune and Tokugawa Ieyasu so far as a test.

Cao Shang
Langzhong

Unread postby Drakken » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Cao Shang wrote:Then I guess I will wait for the PUK. Sadly there doesn't seem to be an dialog editor this time, so only way would be to use a hex editor for that too... Latest update patch sounds good, I installed one already though.
Now using a hex editor isn't that hard, maybe I should teach you.

Definitely would need to find someone who translates all character names in the scenarios with the editor! :wink:
I only did Date Masamune and Tokugawa Ieyasu so far as a test.

Send me your e-mail through PM, I'll make sure to send you the latest patch (from Dec 17th, 2010).

As for characters' names, no need for research. If you go to Officers' information table you'll find their names written in hiragana. Just take a hiragana reference page to compare and voilà!

Also, beware with Tokugawa Ieyasu, because there is an event where he changes his name from Matsudaira Motoyasu to his famous name.
Drakken
Assistant

Unread postby Cao Shang » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi guys, I have some bad news. It doesn't seem like I will be able to get the PUK before sometime next year.
That means I probably wont be able to translate much till then, as the PUK most likely would make my translations unusable.

Will have to check back in 2011 what I can do about an English Patch. :?
Luckily not that many people have read about the Patch yet, so can't be sad about it either.

@Drakken

I will now just wait for the PUK and focus on other things, so no real reason for the update anymore, but thanks for the offer!
At least some other people will be happy. :wink:
Cao Shang
Langzhong

Re: English Patch for Nobunaga's Ambition [13] [Delayed]

Unread postby langtuviet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:00 pm

I have heard some bad news about the PUK also, it is now called PDK (power down kit) because of all the bugs. Should we all wait untill they come out with a patch? while I'm typing this, I'm installing the PUK to test it out, I don't know Japanese so it is going to be really hard :-(.
@Cao Shang: 2011 is only about 2 weeks away :-D, if you can share what you did on the REG english patch. I really need to test out that game. Thanks in advance :-P
langtuviet
Tyro

Re: English Patch for Nobunaga's Ambition [13] [Delayed]

Unread postby Drakken » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:39 pm

langtuviet wrote:I have heard some bad news about the PUK also, it is now called PDK (power down kit) because of all the bugs. Should we all wait untill they come out with a patch? while I'm typing this, I'm installing the PUK to test it out, I don't know Japanese so it is going to be really hard :-(.

Did they install the 1.01 patch? A patch was released on Dec 17th for the PUK version, perhaps it covers such bugs. You need to have your game registered to download it, but if you can't send me your e-mail through PM and I'll send you the PUK update file.

My copy of the PUK is in the post office, I just need to go fetch it. :P
Drakken
Assistant

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games