Planning For Destiny of an Emperor Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Planning For Destiny of an Emperor Online

Unread postby Bei An Li » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:07 am

I love DOAE1/2's battle systems and such and I might try my luck at making an online version but with a few twists. I'll be using the BYOND engine for it. Since I'm not an adept coder with the BYOND software, it just might start off as a chat room type game where you can still roam around the games map. That being said, I will be deviating a whole lot from the NES titles... Kind of introducing a sequel that's also online. The soundtrack would be DOAE1/2's soundtracks remixed. Instead of 8-Bit I'll sprite out 16-bit graphics that resemble the DOAE style... Now what would be some ideas you guys have? I still haven't beaten 1 or 2 but I want to read some ideas I probably wouldn't figure out. I'll update my progress as I go along. This will be super time consuming but it shall happen.

If you want to know more about BYOND http://wikibin.org/articles/byond.html
Yuan Shao:"Don't pursue Lu Bu!"
Me:"Okay..." (Pursues him anyways)
Bei An Li
Tyro

Re: Planning For Destiny of an Emperor Online

Unread postby Jordan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:16 am

I remember Byond primarily through games of Incursion and Not Another Generic Space-Age Conquest game, both of which were awesome. I think both of them might not exist anymore, though.

Would this be a co-op type of adventure or a sandbox where players roam around killing each other and capturing officers?
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bei An Li » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:22 am

The goal would be where players can form parties of 2-5 or travel alone and player vs player would take place in an arena made for the purpose. Other than that, you'd be questing the same way you would in the nes titles. The party leader would be the one that moves the party around until a battle occurs where all players would participate according to their turn. Unless I find a way to make serving other forces work. But to replicate the battle system I'll have to find some coders willing to help. I can handle stuff like chat boxes, spriting, and making the maps and stuff.
Bei An Li
Tyro

Unread postby shifter420 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:58 pm

this sounds epic, i would love to be involved in any way i could, but i don't know the 1st thing about coding :lol:

and btw, what is your avatar from? is that something u just made?
shifter420
Apprentice

Unread postby Bei An Li » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 am

Yeah I made this avatar. :wink:
The phase I'm in right now is basic graphics so a map can be made. Of course, it will be a long time before I have some beta or something.
Bei An Li
Tyro

Unread postby Bei An Li » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:20 am

Ah... I'm pleased to inform I've begun the process of requesting a team for the project on byond's classified ads. If no one replies, then I'll still work on the chat thingy until I do get a good coder. I also came up with a name for the game. Hopefully you guys think it's as awesome as I do. "Fate of the Han." Sure, I could just call it "DOAE Online" but byond has been looking down upon fan games in recent times, so this will just be "based" on doae. Of course it will still follow that of the Romance period and even into Jin. I'll check for replies to my request. I'm just happy I'm finally starting this off. :wink:
Bei An Li
Tyro

Unread postby shifter420 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:27 am

Bei An Li wrote:Ah... I'm pleased to inform I've begun the process of requesting a team for the project on byond's classified ads. If no one replies, then I'll still work on the chat thingy until I do get a good coder. I also came up with a name for the game. Hopefully you guys think it's as awesome as I do. "Fate of the Han." Sure, I could just call it "DOAE Online" but byond has been looking down upon fan games in recent times, so this will just be "based" on doae. Of course it will still follow that of the Romance period and even into Jin. I'll check for replies to my request. I'm just happy I'm finally starting this off. :wink:

nice! if you ever need help with anything don't hesitate to shoot me a PM, i'd love to help anyway i can! :huohu:
shifter420
Apprentice

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games