Legend Of Cao Cao Modding

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend Of Cao Cao Modding

Unread postby Human5 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Does anybody have ROTK XI portraits that I could use to put into the LoCC game? I use RPG Viewer and I am modding the game, and I am trying to change the portraits. Any help would be appreciated.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:25 pm

Ok. Nevermind. I got it.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lu Sunde » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:19 am

Human5 wrote:Does anybody have ROTK XI portraits that I could use to put into the LoCC game? I use RPG Viewer and I am modding the game, and I am trying to change the portraits. Any help would be appreciated.

Human5 wrote:Ok. Nevermind. I got it.

I know there has been quite some time since those posts but, if you're still around, could you tell me how you've done it?
Because I'm having problems importing RoTK11 faces to LoCC... The image doesn't seem to import with the proper colors.
Do you have to save it as a specific type of image file to be able to import it? (like .PNG?)
Lu Sunde
Apprentice

Unread postby Lu Cloud » Wed May 28, 2014 4:34 am

Masatog wrote:I'm afraid there aren't any "no0b friendly" editors. Why? Because the editors is in Chinese. If you don't know how to read Chinese such as me, you'll need a huge amount of time and dedication to slowly figure out which triggers does what. To MOD a scene (R files) or a level (S files), it would probably take hours to make, say about 2-5 hours depending on your efforts towards the map.
If that hasn't scared you away, I can type up a brief summary of what the important triggers do in my next post along with the editor by Van.

Replacing avatars/portraits and sprites is different from MODding the game; easier as well. For portrait/avatar, simply find a 64 by 64 pixel in 128 colour and replace the image you want. The sprite work requires two separate editors to work properly. One that sets a sprite to a specific officer and the other which stores the sprite.
The resource editor for this is Van's 'RPGViewer'. Lady Wu has uploaded one of it somewhere. Some search may find it.

Many more editors is needed. An example is that one which hacks the data file that can change the entire stats, effects, spells, range, terrain, name, etc.

Sorry to post on an old thread..

I've been working on a mod using Legend of Cao Cao, and I noticed mentioned above that "the sprite work" requires two editors. I have RPGViewer, but I was wondering what the second editor was? I've been trying to figure out how to set, say Ma Teng's battle sprite, to him. It's driving me crazy trying to figure this out; it's about the last thing in here that I haven't been able to do.
Lu Cloud
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games