Warriors Orochi Empires

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Warriors Orochi Empires

Unread postby Mestre Will » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:56 am

Well if Dw have a Empires and Sw too , why not Warriors Orochi (or Musou Orochi)?
-Who what it?
-How do you think it may be?
-Any ideas for the factions?
-And how about the map?
-You want it have CAWs and a Online Mode?
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Warriors Orochi Empires

Unread postby Sean » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:12 am

I'm not sure how you would even begin to approach this. I'll start with the most glaring problem:

Mestre Will wrote:And how about the map?

Orochi rips Japan and China into pieces and basically melds the fragments together to make a staging ground between the two landmasses. What would the world map even look like?

Mestre Will wrote:Any ideas for the factions?

Factions? WO have pretty much summed up the factions--Those who "joined" Orochi (either by will or forcefully), the mercenaries who didn't, and the mystics. If you want a game with just Orochi and Da Ji ripping apart every obstacle they come by, then I implore you to play WO2's Orochi Story Mode, they sum things up pretty well, in my opinion.

Mestre Will wrote:Who what it?

Who what what?

Mestre Will wrote:You want it have CAWs and a Online Mode?

Yes, I like making my own characters so they are slightly less generic than everyone else featured in DW/SW/WO. Online, no, I don't really care about because that's how I am. Wait, what was this for again?
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mestre Will » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:22 am

Sean wrote:
Mestre Will wrote:And how about the map?

Orochi rips Japan and China into pieces and basically melds the fragments together to make a staging ground between the two landmasses. What would the world map even look like?

That is what i mean, how do you think the map will be?

Sean wrote:
Mestre Will wrote:Any ideas for the factions?

Factions? WO have pretty much summed up the factions--Those who "joined" Orochi (either by will or forcefully), the mercenaries who didn't, and the mystics. If you want a game with just Orochi and Da Ji ripping apart every obstacle they come by, then I implore you to play WO2's Orochi Story Mode, they sum things up pretty well, in my opinion.

Yes factions. I mean who they will be, then to my will have 2 periods : Orochi and after Orochi die.What factions do you think will have? and Yes some Join Orochi but some also betray him (like Cao Pi and Sun Ce) then they will be like allies to Orochi and not officer.

Sean wrote:
Mestre Will wrote:Who what it?

Who what what?

Sorry about it, i wrote wrong, in realy is "Who want it?" what mean who want the Warrios Orochi Empires.

Sean wrote:
Mestre Will wrote:You want it have CAWs and a Online Mode?

Yes, I like making my own characters so they are slightly less generic than everyone else featured in DW/SW/WO. Online, no, I don't really care about because that's how I am. Wait, what was this for again?

Hahahah i know CAWs can be good to Empires , think you fight Orochi or Cao Cao , and in the End be the Great ruler of this strange Land.
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qu Hui » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:56 am

I don't think this would work, for several reasons.

1( Terrain issues- There are far too many maps for an Empires game. The overworld map would be huge, probably too big to fit on the screen.

2( Faction issues- As Sean said, there are only really two factions- those who serve Orochi and those who oppose him. There's not enough depth for an Empires game.

3( Lack of appeal- Let's face it: WO and WO2 were not that good. Sure, they had the character switching and the crossover aspects, but those got boring after five minutes, and were more gimmicks than anything. I (and others, most likely) would like to see Koei invest that money elsewhere where it can be put to good use (Legends of Troy, DW: Gundam, etc.).

4( Party issues- If they keep the three people system, how would that work?
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mestre Will » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:42 am

Well Guys, i know it never or Very Very Hard goin to happen BUT why dont think about it?
I mean The idea of WO of join DW and SW i realy like and have some potencial (not much but some), and what this 2 games also have is a Empire edition then make a Empire to WO is one idea.

Well is OK the problems with maps and all, yeah yeah the map will be very difficult do make but if all the problem be resolve then i think it can be a good game (even if never come true).
And i dont are say the need do this game , i only are try to share this idea with you all.Yeah they need focus in other games, but us and what is say in here not go to they , i mean we are fans of the series of koei then think about the games is also something we do.Who never think : "How will be 'The game'? " and dream with something you want in game.

Who Play the WO and/or WO2?
Well the team part of 3 in start is strange but in this "Empires" it can be removed and the single return.(Idea)
The map can be uhh random every time played the Empire Mode, yes it is a good idea but very difficult to make.

The factions i desagree with only 2, on the Game (WO 1) say They have : Orochi, Cao Pi (Orochi vassal), Sun Ce(Orochi Vassal), Oda Nobunaga , Zhao Yun,Lu xun , Zhang Jiao and more 3 i don't remember fight for power.

In the WO 2 as far as i know is Lubu,Cao Cao,Shu,Wu, and some anothers.And if have CAW then it can have your Faction.
Then we have to periods : The Fight agganst Orochi or The Orochi Rule and After Orochi, and maybe it can have a Chaos Mode (i mean Chaos Period) like Dw6 Empires with random factions.
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qu Hui » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:24 am

Mestre Will wrote:Well Guys, i know it never or Very Very Hard goin to happen BUT why dont think about it?
I mean The idea of WO of join DW and SW i realy like and have some potencial (not much but some), and what this 2 games also have is a Empire edition then make a Empire to WO is one idea.

...What on earth are you talking about? If it's that unlikely/never going to happen, then why bother thinking about it? You even say that there's not much potential for such a game. The WO series is practically done anyway- reviving Orochi a second time would just be too much.

Mestre Will wrote:And i dont are say the need do this game , i only are try to share this idea with you all.Yeah they need focus in other games, but us and what is say in here not go to they , i mean we are fans of the series of koei then think about the games is also something we do.Who never think : "How will be 'The game'? " and dream with something you want in game.

Uhh, what? I was just raising a valid concern about this game. I'm not a fan of WO or DW past DW4. Most fans do think about these things, but usually when a game is confirmed to be in development and not when they themselves admit that the game might never happen.

Let's be brutally honest- not even Koei loves DW anymore. It, SW and WO have done nothing but drain Koei's pockets. The lack of any real development efforts towards the series is good evidence of this. Even gaming sites are reporting on how Koei Canada hates DW.

Mestre Will wrote:Who Play the WO and/or WO2?
Well the team part of 3 in start is strange but in this "Empires" it can be removed and the single return.(Idea)
The map can be uhh random every time played the Empire Mode, yes it is a good idea but very difficult to make.

Again, what?

Mestre Will wrote:The factions i desagree with only 2, on the Game (WO 1) say They have : Orochi, Cao Pi (Orochi vassal), Sun Ce(Orochi Vassal), Oda Nobunaga , Zhao Yun,Lu xun , Zhang Jiao and more 3 i don't remember fight for power.

In the WO 2 as far as i know is Lubu,Cao Cao,Shu,Wu, and some anothers.And if have CAW then it can have your Faction.
Then we have to periods : The Fight agganst Orochi or The Orochi Rule and After Orochi, and maybe it can have a Chaos Mode (i mean Chaos Period) like Dw6 Empires with random factions.

Except in both games, that's what it boils down to. Except for WO2's Orochi Story Mode, all of the story modes have been essentially the same- fight Orochi's army, recruit allies, kill Orochi at his castle.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:56 am

I think the premise could work. The best part of the Empire games for me was the fictonal mode. Why couldn't they do a cross over SW and DW for an empire. Now as a tie in with WO but a new tie-in in its own right. Clearly it'll need more work but as a basic idea I think it could work.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby S.Teague » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:39 pm

I think this is a awesome idea, although I don't think it will ever happen.
As far as what the map could look like, it would just have to ignore the WO storyline. In fact, it would have to ignore the historical storyline as well. But it could look like DW5:E for China. Only coastal areas could attack the west coast Japan areas & vice-versa. But for story, it could just completly not explain anything and that would suite me just fine. It could just ignore the fact that these are two diffrent eras in history, while ignoring the sci-fi story used in WO as well. And to throw out the three person swapping wouldn't bother me either. Add Edit mode and make a few simple changes to the options menu (see what I wrote in the DW5:E forum for explination) and I think this would be a great game. If done correctly, it could be the best DW game to date in my opinion.
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby S.Teague » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:14 pm

I guess the fact that this thread died so quickly means no one is interested. However I love the idea. 100 warriors and maps all over China and Japan... What's not to like? :?:
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby SunXia » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:20 am

The Orochi games are based on a different plane....
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games