Samurai Warriors 3 (Nintendo Wii)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Samurai Warriors 3 (Nintendo Wii)

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:25 am

Official site is up: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku3/
Teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60u9DTRnc1E

The game is Nintendo Wii exclusive at the moment. Release is scheduled as November 19 in Japan, no other places announced yet.

New characters are confirmed, over 35 characters overall. All other info can be found on KOEI Warriors site (for the images) or the specific details here.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Re: Samurai Warriors 3 (Nintendo Wii)

Unread postby Famed Hero » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Here's a newer video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdfo8MLlqu8

There are now several videos on YouTube which have screenshots, gameplay, and character models. I'll post a comment I made on the new character models:

I don't like any of these models. They're trying too hard to make Yukimura look more like Zhao Yun. That crap on Mitsunari's head looks ridiculous. Tadakatsu looks like a Power Ranger without a facemask. Kanetsugu looks like a priest from the Star Wars galaxy.

My profile pic is a sketch of Nobunaga's SW3 model, which is decent. Overall I'm not too impressed with the new models. But at least they're not absurd like most in DW6.
Saint Joan of Arc, Pray for us!
Famed Hero
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby the glorious sun jian » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:13 pm

I am not gonna even look at it .After 10 of bad games developed by Omega Force , I will even stop to give their games any chances .

For all what it is worth , Nobunaga Ambition 13 looks promising .Gonna stick with Kou's production .
لا اله الا الله محمد عبده ورسوله
the glorious sun jian
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:09 pm

As I posted in the other thread, this game includes a full remake of the original NES game by Nintendo. It might be decent just for that.

Yeah, I know, Omega Force sucks. I don't think even Miyamoto can save them.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ben_c » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:47 pm

I hope Koei dont plan to keep this game WII exclusive for very long, I want a new Samurai Warriors for PS3 lol. Also I have a distain for the WII always felt it was such a novelty consol you cant seriously play games properly on it especially not games like Samurai Warriors.
Ben_c
Master

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:56 pm

This is Koei, and they like to port things to everything under the sun, so who knows. Still, if I want the game on PS3, why not on PC instead? The PC can actually render games at 1080p and beyond while you'll get laptop resolution on the 360/PS3 most of the time anyway. Might as well put it on something that can actually handle the graphics and run at 60fps instead of laptop resolutions and calling it HD. Don't you want real HD? With Koei, you'd be lucky if they figure out how to optimize the engine.

I mean, if the Wii's a novelty console, surely the PS3 and 360's sub-HD novelty's run it's course by now. If you don't count the Wii, the 360 and PS3 combined has caused the game market to collapse in half compared to last generation. The PS2 alone during this time of its lifespan is twice the size of the 360/PS3 combined. I'm not sure how people can justify owning two faux PCs that can't run HD in half their games. Maybe they'll also do a PS2 port. The PS2 is still doing pretty decently.

But ask yourself, do you really want another Koei action stinker on ANY console/PC? Unless they do an AMAZING job at the NES Muramasa Castle remake, I probably wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ben_c » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:30 pm

Terranigma Freak wrote:This is Koei, and they like to port things to everything under the sun, so who knows. Still, if I want the game on PS3, why not on PC instead? The PC can actually render games at 1080p and beyond while you'll get laptop resolution on the 360/PS3 most of the time anyway. Might as well put it on something that can actually handle the graphics and run at 60fps instead of laptop resolutions and calling it HD. Don't you want real HD? With Koei, you'd be lucky if they figure out how to optimize the engine.

I mean, if the Wii's a novelty console, surely the PS3 and 360's sub-HD novelty's run it's course by now. If you don't count the Wii, the 360 and PS3 combined has caused the game market to collapse in half compared to last generation. The PS2 alone during this time of its lifespan is twice the size of the 360/PS3 combined. I'm not sure how people can justify owning two faux PCs that can't run HD in half their games. Maybe they'll also do a PS2 port. The PS2 is still doing pretty decently.

But ask yourself, do you really want another Koei action stinker on ANY console/PC? Unless they do an AMAZING job at the NES Muramasa Castle remake, I probably wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

I dont want it on the PC because Ive never liked to play games on a PC. Also my PC cd/dvd rom drive is bust so I couldnt install a game on it even if I wanted to. As well HD was never the attraction for buying a PS3 for me quite frankly HD is a advertising scam, games have been running in HD for a long time. Also I dont like the 360 and its red ring of death so Id agree with any critisim of the 360. The PS2 has been around and churning out games for alot longer than the PS3 so obviously it's going to of have grossed a much larger amount at this stage. However, the PS3 have got alot of great titles lined up for release througout 2010 so I think we will see a upsurge in profit margins. Do I really want another action striker? if its a SW or DW title yes. Although I dont want to see any more DW gundam games they really dont do anything for me.
Ben_c
Master

Unread postby Kiyo » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:02 pm

I've got DW5 and 6 and I love them (especially 5), and I want to get into the Samurai Warriors series. I'm going to wait for 3 to come out then I'll get it for my Wii.

However, I don't think it's really a Wii-ish game. As someone said above, the Wii doesn't even seem like a console to me. The PS2 does, the N64 does, the NES, SNES and Gameboy do, but Wii and DS, not so much. Not even sure the Wii can handle so much stuff going on at once, anyway.

Still, I'll get it and try it out, because I want to learn about the story, and the game doesn't exactly look bad. I just hope I don't regret anything. Dynasty 6 lagged bad enough.

I actually really like the character models, but that's probably because I don't know any characters yet. I'm sure if I'd played the previous two games I'd dislike the new models (like with some of the DW6 ones (WEI YAN!!!)).

I'd really like it if Nintendo released a new console that actually focused on gameplay instead of innovation. I play my N64 and PS2 way more, and my GBASP gets used more often than my DS.

But yeah, Samurai Warriors 3, gonna get it.
Kiyo
Apprentice

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:33 am

I don't think it will be good. It doesn't have motion controls by the way. If that's your gripe, it's a bad one. However, I agree with everything the glorious sun jian said in this thread.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kiyo » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:18 pm

I'd prefer it without motion controls anyway

Hope I can use the Gamecube controller with it or something
Kiyo
Apprentice

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games