Samurai Warriors 3 (Nintendo Wii)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Samurai Warriors 3 (Nintendo Wii)

Unread postby Awesomeness008 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:00 pm

With some exceptions, pretty much. The explosion at the end is basically true for everybody. I think so anyways. I stopped mid-way through because it became too boring to watch.

I don't think koei has much creativity left. I could have thought of better musous for a lot of characters. How about basing Shingen's musou off of Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan? He could use fire, wind, wood and then at the end a mountain could pop up or something.

This game doesn't look bad because it's on Wii. It looks lame because it doesn't really seem to be adding that much to the Samurai Warriors/Warriors franchise. The only good thing so far is that the character roster is a lot better, but who cares about that if the gameplay is the same crap as usual? Koei clearly doesn't care about making their games better. They just want to re-release the same exact game 50 times because their fans shell out $ for it every single time. Occasionally they'll tack on a new flavor (Samurai, Gundam, Fist of the North Star, whatever), but that's the most they're ever willing to do.

Have you even played it yet, or is this all based off the video?
Awesomeness008
Initiate

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:50 am

[quote=SlickSlicer]The only good thing so far is that the character roster is a lot better, but who cares about that if the gameplay is the same crap as usual?[/quote]

I kinda liked the Samurai Warriors 2 gameplay, so a vastly improved roster is actually a nice incentive to try this out. The lack of creativity re: musou attacks and movesets is pretty annoying in general, though. I noticed a similar thing in Dynasty Warriors 6. Every character's musou has basically the same effect. Some frontal attacks, a couple concentrated attacks, then a big crowd clearing finish. Whatever happened to the good old days when different characters' musous did drastically different things on the battlefield?
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby bravosoldier » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:34 am

I heard some rumored that kojiri and musashi are definitely returning to the game? true or not?
bravosoldier
Tyro

Unread postby Masatog » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:07 am

bravosoldier wrote:I heard some rumored that kojiri and musashi are definitely returning to the game? true or not?

Yes and No.
No if it's for playable character (Gracia is also removed as playable) and yes if you mean NPC.
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Zappa » Mon May 31, 2010 10:06 pm

Its out now (at least for europe) does anyone know a site with all the 4th weapon finding spots?
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:00 pm

bravosoldier wrote:I heard some rumored that kojiri and musashi are definitely returning to the game? true or not?

None of them is in the game not even as NPC
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Samurai262 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:57 am

I just got this used today because I read they there wasan't going to be a 360 Vesion but I think there i going to be a PS3 version. But anyways the gameplay is similar to all Koei Warriors games. The graphics hurt my eyes as I'm used to playing in HD on my Xbox , but I love the Warrior's games so much it's a small price to pay. Leveling system for your character is the same as always, but your weapons can be upgraded using "Gems" you accuire in battle. Overall I give it a 4 out of 5 so If you love the Warrior's games and have a Wii it's a must have.
Samurai262
Initiate

Unread postby Gabriel » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:32 am

This game is finally coming to PS3, but there's no NA release date as far as I'm aware. So does anyone know if in all likelyhood it's going to be released in America?
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tao Qian » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:10 pm

I love this game and I don´t think that the Musous are the same for every character, actually some of them as the Ieyasu Tokugawa, needs to be done in the correct moment (not like Nobunaga that just kill almost everything).

But I will never buy it, I´ve played it a lot when I was a QA localization tester at Nintendo, and actually it was disappointed when finally I´ve played Dinasty Warriors and was exactly the same...
Tao Qian
Assistant

Unread postby Adam » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Finally picked it up today, played one map and got a massive headache.

The graphics are by far the worst of any game I've played on the Wii (given, that's not many)...everything is just blurry and hard to look at and the capped frame rate is a bit irksome...I might try to play this again when I'm less tired but I doubt it'll feel any better...it's sad that they took such a huge step back graphically for no discernible reason.
I didn't expect amazing graphics on an inferior system (graphically speaking) but I expected it to be a lot better than it was...almost makes me want to try it on a small non-HD TV in hopes the sub-par graphics are less noticeable.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games