Legend of East Wu (LoCC mod)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of East Wu (LoCC mod)

Unread postby Zappa » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:27 pm

I found a mistake in battle 38 you have to defeat Cao Hong for the helmet.
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:25 am

Item #3: I believe you get it in Sun Quan's path, I think as a random treasure from Lu Xun in the 8-sided maze.

Battle 38: I'll go fix it.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:10 am

Iem 3 is Caos Heaven Sword
Whats Lu Xun in the 8-sided maze? Is it the labyrinth I tooked all traesures there but I couldnt find it
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Yeah, after the Yi Ling stage Lu Xun's by himself in some place. There's a write-up on the main sites for it, but google translator and babelfish both don't like those sites anymore, and they load up slowly.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:53 pm

I played this level quiet often and never found Caos Sword besides wouldnt it be strange to find Caos Sword in Zhuges labyrinth?
I thought I have to defeat Cao in a special way to get the sword.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ricsid » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Tarrot wrote:Ok, translated all of the text there, and looked through the battle text, nothing about the seven star sword. I wonder if you get it if SSX is defeated. I'd have to look online, but the sites have been really slow loading for me.

The seven star sword could be get from the "unnoticeable" camp in the southern-most island.

Tarrot wrote:Mastog: He Fei 2 says you're to go out the west gate, but I'm not sure if that's the battle you're talking about. It says go out the west gate and be wary of the catapults, and to deploy a balanced force. I'd have no idea what to say on this battle and I'd have to see it to figure something out. The dumped text has nothing either.

I think what he means is the battle of XiaoYaoJin (逍遙津). I didn't get to win that either. :( I tried to move to the bridge at round 14 (i think the guide said something like you have to be at the bridge for at least 4 turns.. but i still can't win).

@Tarrot: I have saved the original HTML file of the walkthrough just in case u have difficulty in reading it online.
Ricsid
Student

Unread postby Ricsid » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:12 pm

Well, while I'm stuck there I wanna continue with what Tarrot has done already, a mini guide for Legend of Wu.
This time it's a Sun Quan path. Sorry if I couldn't cover everything.
A spoiler below:
Sun Ce, Taishi Ci, Ling Cao, Lu Meng and Lu Su will die without any of their skills inherited

Battle 14: Sun Ce's final wish (Battle of Xu Chang)
Recommended levels : 20

Officers: Sun Ce & Zhou Yu (required), with 7 other extra units (4 required, 3 optional).

Items: Rice & Wine (post-battle), Beans n Mystic Water (in the tents)

Time Limit: 30 turns

Events: At turn 4, Xiahou Dun, Guo Jia and 10 Tiger General will show up from southeast of your starting position while all the rest of the enemies get defense-up status.

Upon entering the second layer of walls in the Fort where the javelin thrower resides, Cao Chun+Cao Zhen+another 4 Tiger General would move out from their spot to hunt any of your allies whenever reachable. After you defeat all the enemies (excluding Xun Yu, Xun You, and 2 other geomancers in the innermost walls) the battle will end with the death of Sun Ce.

Strategy:
Your starting position is on the center. Move all of your units westward and try to enter from the left/west gate. When Xiahou & Guo Jia comes, keep Zhou Yu and Sun Ce at the two tents encircled by fences. My personal favorite is to equip Sun Ce with Conqueror Spear, Golden Armor and Taiping Book of Healing. After eliminating the Xiahou Dun group, it's a matter of siege battle. Beware of the catapults in the 2nd layer walls.

The key to this battle -if you want to keep all at low level- is simple. Focus on Sun Ce to kill (since he will die anyway, thus won't effect your leveling progress), but ensure to raise the average level to 22 (see the level when you want to save or load). And why do I suggest that? After this battle, Gan Ning, Ling Tong, Sun Quan will join with max level of equipments (weapon and armor) that you could sell for full money and fruits.

Note: From the translation provided by Tarrot, it seems that Taishi Ci could duel Xiahou Dun, but I didn't manage to get that.
Ricsid
Student

Unread postby Ricsid » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:43 pm

Battle 15: Pursuit of Lu Su (Battle of Chao Hu Village)

Recommended levels : 22
Officers: Sun Quan, Gan Ning & Zhou Yu (required), with 6 other extra units (3 required, 3 optional).

Items: Rice(forts inside enemy's citadel), Beans (tents inside enemy's citadel), Wine and Rice (post-battle)

Time Limit: 20 turns

Events: Gan Ning could duel Zheng Bao when they are next to each other (tied). At the end of turn 3, Ding Feng and Xu Sheng will appear from the forest near enemy's citadel.

Strategy:
It's a very easy battle, it's like a giveaway battle to me. It's easy to decimate all the enemies in 7 turns especially with the help of Ding Feng and Xu Sheng. That being said, now if you want to raise your armor experience, you have to keep the battle as long as possible right? What I did was I kept the enemies from passing the lower bridge (while getting the Gan Ning duels). Once Ding and Xu showed up, all the enemies would turn to attack them since they couldn't pass the bridge, ended up killing Ding and Xu in 2 turns. After that, the battle is all yours. Don't forget to grab the Beans and Rice.
Again, keep the average level to 22, since post-battle recruit will yield Lu Su, Ding Feng and Xu Sheng with with max level of equipments.
Ricsid
Student

Unread postby Zappa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:48 pm

Ricsid you seem to know everything about the game can you tell me wher to get Item 3 Caos Heaven sword? I played the labyrinth a lot and never found it.although I dont think a rare Item can found random either
Please help.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ricsid » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Wow.. Actually I don't.. I just happen to know a bit of Chinese, have access to few walkthrough and that's all. I haven't even gotten to the labyrinth stage you're talking about. :)

Btw, how do you pass the Xiaoyao Jin battle (the one when all of your units get all confused?)? I tried moving Sun Quan to the southern bridge (the one on fire) but he couldn't pass the bridge to go to the city. Maybe you could help me on this, then when i reach to the labyrinth stage, I could try to find out how to get Sword of Heaven.
Ricsid
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games