Legend of East Wu (LoCC mod)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of East Wu (LoCC mod)

Unread postby Tarrot » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:59 pm

New random fun thing I figured out: If you equip Lu Meng or Zhou Yu with the Golden Armor, and you cast a spell using the Commander's Spear, you will get an extra experience point per cast. I think, there's another use in effect here.

I remember reading that the Jade Seal which you get on the Sun Quan path allows for mages to get that extra experience point, plus to have 100% accuracy on their spells. Obviously, the only mages you have which can equip the Golden Armor are Zhou Yu and Lu Meng, and Lu Meng has no spells with any chance of failure. However, theoretically, say you equip Zhou Yu with the Gold Armor, and then mimic a, say, mass confusion, on the enemies. Theoretically (assuming I interpreted this right), that takes a spell with a 50% accuracy rate and shoots it up to 100% accuracy. For the Han Zhong battle, that makes it pretty damn useful in your first turn taking out the enemy (even if you end up short on real attackers, you can theoretically incapacitate an entire side of enemy units between the Zhuge Bow + Numb Arrow, Huang Gai/Ding Feng confusion, and the mass confusion on the other enemies; then just brute it through the other side, possibly using my idea of Sun Ce + Commanders Spear + Lions Helmet + Beanbag Armor).

*edit*

Sadly, confirmed it does not have said effect. I guess it would be OP a ittle.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Good news, I'm past the hard part of the 2nd battle of Han Zhong. How I did it: *edit* Just decided to turn it into my guide for the level since it pretty much was one anyways.

Stage 32: Battle for Han Zhong

Recommended Levels: At this point, 55, where the enemies will have all their tactics, all equipment maxed out. You must have all steel and named armor maxed out by the time this stage comes.

Officers: Sun Ce, Taishi Ci, Lu Su, first four officers on the left side of the gate; Zhou Yu, last 6 on the right side of the gate; Sun Quan, Gan Ning, Zhang Zhao, and Lu Xun are all unavailable.

Items: Rice (two tents by Cao Cao), Thinker's Sword (defeat Cao Ren in a duel, see notes), Storm Runner Horse (post-battle), Strength Fruit (post-battle)

Events: On turn 4, 2 mages and two geomancers will appear at both the North West and North East corners of the map.

Notes: All named enemies come with their usual equipment they've had in previous battles. Your two armies are separated as the battle begins, and you can't meet up until after you converge in the middle on Cao Cao's group.

Sun Ce can duel Cao Zhang, with the result being Cao Zhang being injured, and Sun Ce's strength increasing to 104. Unfortunately, its not retroactive with his level, so that would be about 50 attack power or so you'd already be missing out on.

Cao Ren can duel Taishi Ci, and beat him. After this, Sun Ce can duel Cao Ren and beat him. You'll get the thinker's sword, and Cao Ren's equipment will then be only a normal sword.

Strategy: Without the proper set-up and levels, you will not beat this level. The ideal level would be the high 40s/low 50s, when the enemy gets all of their equipment maxed out, but is still so low that their armor isn't maxed out completely. Your equipment at this point should be maxed out except for your leather/cloth armors which are hard to level to begin with. This is how I beat the first part of the stage:

Left Side: Sun Ce (Conqueror's Spear, Beanbag Armor, Lion's Helmet), Taishi Ci (Hatchet Spear, Xuanwu Armor), Huang Gai (usual setup), Xu Sheng (Lu Bu's Bow, Warhorse), Lu Su (Storm Fan, Yellow Cap), Zhuge Jin, Chen Wu

Right Side: Xiao Qiao (White Fan, Saddle), Ling Tong (Snake Spear, L5 Steel Armor, Way of Peace), Ma Chao (Grand Dragon's Courage, Golden Armor, Shield), Zhu Huan (Zhuge Bow, Silver Armor, Numb Blade), Zhou Yu (Commander's Spear, L5 Steel Armor, Nameplate), Zhang Hong, Yu Fan

Strategy:

Turn 1:

Left Side:

ZGJ Attack-Ups his party, Sun Ce moves and attacks Yu Jin, Chen Wu finishes him off. Huang Gai confuses Sima & his crew, Lu Su & Xu Sheng take out Sima whoever, Taishi Ci uses his self-boost and moves to block the enemies coming from the left (Cao Zhang's party) such that no one can pass between him and Sun Ce. All allied units are as far to the right as possible save Sun Ce (1 square NE of Yu Jin's former spot) and Taishi Ci.

Right Side:

Yu Fan defenses up his party. Zhang Hong confuses Sima whoever's group. Zhu Huan targets Zhang He, hits all 4 men. Ma Chao moves 1 square north of Zhang Fei and uses a strength fruit. Ling Tong moves 2 squares north of Ma Chao and uses a strength fruit. Zhou Yu moves 2 squares left of Ma Chao and uses the Super Blaze to hit all 6 men down there. Xiao Qiao uses some magic on Sima Whoever's group.

Enemy's turn: Reload if Zhang Fei breaks numb status (he has the Dilu so he'll ignore ZoC and go right for your clothies), any of the Right Side confused units break confuse, if both of the left side tiger cavalry units break confuse (one is ok), if Sun Ce, Taishi Ci, or Ma Chao get confused, or if Sun Ce's counter-attacks on a tiger cavalry unit get blocked..

Turn 2:

Left Side: If Sun Ce's numbed, cleanse him, otherwise heal whoever needs it. Move Sun Ce 1 spot north of Taishi Ci and attack a tiger cavalry unit, and trigger the Cao Zhang duel. Have Huang Gai move over and confuse as many people as he can (ideally getting the Xiahous and a tiger cavalry unit or two), Lu Su use his Super Blaze and Chen Wu his catapult to take out as many enemies as possible, Taishi Ci attacks whoever he can kill, Xu Sheng attacks whoever he can kill so long as there aren't tiger cavalry on the lose that aren't confused.

Right Side: Cleanse Zhou Yu if he's silenced, otherwise heal as necessary. Have Zhang Hong use his 9 square poison attack on the units around Zhou Yu, Zhou Yu use his Super Blaze, Xiao Qiao use her 9+4 square Wind attack on as many units as possible (targeting Xu Chu), Zhu Huan attacks who he can, Ma Chao takes out either Zhang He or ZHang Fei, Ling Tong attacks whoever.

By this time, you should have eliminated most of the southern units for both groups and it should be easy enough to go from there. On the enemy's turn 4 each corner will have 2 mages and 2 geomancers appear, so make sure you're as close to the fence as possible. Why I had my set-ups as such:

Ma Chao and Ling Tong: Already have superior defense growth and will negate a lot of damage against the tiger cavalry. Zhou Yu and possibly Dong Xi may have higher overall defense, but they will both suffer penalties when facing cavalry units, so they're mostly useless as tanks here. In my game, Ling Tong with his set up plus defense up was taking 10-20 points of damage a hit from cavalry units with near 700 defense while Zhou Yu was taking 50-60. Because of the Xuanwu's 30% negation of normal attacks, Taishi Ci is fine and will take about 40/50 a hit. Sun Ce doesn't need defense up since he wants the enemy to attack and do damage (mostly in the 120s range, of which 100 gets healed by the bean, and then the enemy takes that full damage to themselves and weakens themselves badly).

Xiao Qiao could theoretically be replaced by someone else, especially if you chose Da Qiao, but I like her aoe abilities and think its real useful in weakening an enemy just enough so they can be taken out on your turn, and not before they get transported back to full health. That, plus there really isn't another unit you can throw in there (unless you wanted a second magician and/or Da Qiao).

In any case, after beating the enemy units outside the castle, it turns into a basic siege which shouldn't be too hard. Take note when going into Cao Cao's area, as you can get fried badly by Sima Yi and Jia Xu and the Caos if you bunch up too close.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:33 pm

I'll edit in the battle strategy tomorrow, but just making a note for Ziwu: You have to wipe out all enemies to get the Dark Path Dress.

Stage 33: Passing through Ziwu Valley (and I'm sorely disappointed for no Wei Yan joining/reference here)

Recommended Levels: Irrelevant at this stage in the game.

Officers: Sun Ce, Tashi Ci, Zhou Yu, Lu Su; Sun Quan, Lu Xun, Zhang Zhao, and Gan Ning are all unavailable.

Items: Herbs (tents), Rice (forts/cities), Mystic Wine (Camps), Dark Path Dress (see notes), I believe a Strength and Intelligence fruit (post-battle)

Events: Before the start of the battle, all of your units will get the Luck Up status.

Notes: The battle has two victory conditions, for Sun Ce to escape, or to annihilate all enemies. If you annihilate all enemies, you'll get the Dark Path dress, which will allow any unit wearing it to have their Int be used in defense calculations (in other words: Lu Su has just turned into a 900 Int tank who can do 300+ damage on magic attacks against most units).

Strategy: If you beat Han Zhong, you can beat this stage. My recommended officers are Dong Xi (Thinker's Sword, Guard Armor), Ma Chao (Grand Dragon Courage, Golden Armor), Ling Tong (Serpent Spear, Silver Armor, Way of Peace) and a Magician since they have 110% stats on dirt. I recommend Lu Su with the Storm Fan/Burst Robe/Yellow Crown the Magician with whatever Sword/best robe/shield to give them enough protection to be able to avoid most archer attacks. Zhou Yu, equip whatver, Sun Ce give the Conqueror's Spear, Beanbag Armor, and Lion's Helmet.

Turn 1: You want to form a defensive perimeter to prevent the Tiger Cavalry/Bandits/Horsebows from getting to your clothies. Move Ling Tong and Sun Ce to the west, Ma Chao and Taishi Ci to the east, Zhou Yu to the south, and position your guys such that enemies can't pass between them and you're as spaced out as possible. Sun Ce will eat a Strength fruit, Taishi Ci uses his stats-up spell, Zhou Yu can use defense up or attack up, whatever he wants. Your Magician/Lu Su/Dong Xi ought to be able to take out Yu Jin and the two archers by him (Lu Su should be putting up 200+ with his Blaze, plus 150 from Dong Xi, plus 60-80 or so from a mass-poison). Ling Tong can take out the corner archer with a double attack, leaving just one foot archer to attack your clothies.

From there, take out the Tiger Cavalry/Sima's first, then worry about the bandits/Horsebows. You'll want to mass confuse the Simas if they get lined up in a row, and at worst just work to take them out as fast as the Tiger Cavalry. Lu Su and Zhou Yu's magic can do a lot of damage to the enemies, and if you don't need to heal, you can use your magician as well. As usual, reload on confusions from the Tiger Cavalry.

After handling the first wave, if you want the Dark Path Dress, send Ling Tong and Ma Chao south to handle the units over there. Have Dong Xi switch armors with Taishi Ci to pick up the Xuanwu armor and have him and Sun Ce move to take out the south east footmen/archers, then move to the gate. Lu Su and Zhou Yu can provide magical backup, and you should be able to take out everyone before 20 turns pass.

==========================================================================================================

Separating this from the battle, but the Shadow Runner horse is, by itself, not that great. From what I can gather, it negates Crits/Chain attacks, and it makes your range all squares surrounding you. For the most part, at this point, almost all units have said range that would use it. The one thing I tried was equipping it on Xu Sheng so he could have full range for using the Lu Bu Bow, but it cancels out his range. Theoretically he could use it as a kind-of free Beanbag armor, but that'd negate the purpose of him being an archer. In reality, the best use is on Cao Cao, who without reloading is the best tank in the game. (Since, the Sword of Heaven adds 45% to your dodge rate, then you can add the Storm Runner to negate Crits/Chain attacks, plus he has his theoretical all-stat boost which he doesn't use cause the Computer is stupid; Add on the Xuanwu armor, and Cao Cao by himself could probably solo both battalions of Tiger Cavalry at Han Zhong since no one could touch him for any sort of damage).
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:52 am

Stage 34: Chang An, Part 1

Officers: Sun Ce, Zhou Yu, Lu Su, Taishi Ci, Ma Chao; Sun Quan, Lu Xun, Gan Ning, Zhang Zhao are all unavailable.

Items: Rice (forts), Mystic Waters (various Camps), Obscure Justice Phoenix (Ma Chao finishes the battle alive), Fruits (beat the battle, forgot to write down what kinds)

Events: Lu Bu shows up at the beginning of the battle, and all units are inflicted with the Luck Down status. There will then be three duels: Sun Ce vs. Lu Bu, Taishi Ci vs. Lu Bu, and Ma Chao vs. Zhang Fei. Taishi Ci prior to this duel with Lu Bu will turn into a War God (same class as Lu Bu, gets Chaotic Attack), and will keep said class for the remainder of the battle, after which he can make the transformation if his health falls into a critical stage. Ma Chao prior to hid duel with Zhang Fei will bust out the Obscure Justice Phoenix, replacing whatever auxiliary item he has equipped, and have all his statuses boosted.

Strategy: Relatively easy battle. Quickly burn down Lu Bu and Zhang Fei (confuse them if you can't take them out), and set up Sun Ce, Taishi Ci, and Ma Chao in the north prior to the end of the second turn to block those tiger cavalry units. Once you get rid of them, you can just march through the castle. No reward I believe for defeating all enemies. Take note of the many mages when you get to the last area. It would be helpful if you had Xiao Qiao to change the weather, or lured them out with strategically placed units.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:02 am

Stage 35: Chang An, Part 2.

Officers: Sun Ce, Zhou Yu, Lu Su, Taishi Ci; Sun Quan, Lu Xun, Gan Ning, Zhang ZHao are unavailable.

Items: Rice (outer forts), Peaches (inner forts), Cloud Piercing Arrow (beat Yu Jin in a duel), Di Lu (end of the stage), Fruits (again didn't mark down which ones, beat the stage)

Events: After Sun Ce passes through the inner wass, the wall will be close, and all units outside the wall will be unable to move further past the stage. Additionally, Lu Bu, Zhang Fei, Xu Huang, Cao ren, Zhang He, Xiahou Yuan will all appear inside the walls. In the forts, Deng Ai, Zhong Hui, Sima Zhao and Yan, and two magicians and mages will appear.

Notes: Jiang Qin can duel Yu Jin, and get the Cloud Piercing Arrow when defeating him.

Strategy: Make sure everyone has moved in the walls and is buffed up before Sun Ce moves in. I recommend bringing Dong Xi with the thinker's sword, since he can do 150 to anything he hits (note; this includes the invincible gates). After you trigger the ambush, burn down Xu Huang and Zhang Fei (Lu Bu has the silver mail on, so he won't be as hurt by your magic), and move to block the northern and southern gates. Confuse Lu Bu, then just work on eliminating the enemy units and luring out the inner units to take them out. When you're done with this, the north east and south east gates are both attackable, so move your army to one of them and mow through. Get the Yu Jin duel, and then just burn your way through the enemy units. Again, Xiao Qiao able to change the weather will help you moving in on the heavily guarded mages.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:11 am

Stage 36: The Fight for Shou Chun

Officers: Sun Quan, Lu Xun, Zhang Zhao, Gan Ning; first two units start in the south, last 4 start in the north; Sun Ce, Zhou Yu, Taishi Ci, and Lu Su are all unavailable.

Items: Rice (outer forts), Purse (Gan Ning moves to the North East tent)

Events: On the enemy's turn 4, Wang Shuang will arrive in the north west corner with 3 chariot units. Upon taking all 4 forts, Zhang Liao will lose his beanbag armor and wear no armor for the remainder of the battle.

Notes: Gan Ning can duel Wang Shuang (no impact)

Strategy: In the north, I recommend Chen Wu, Huang Gai, a Magician, and whoever else you want, probably a cavalry unit. Watch the range of the chariots and they should show up just short of where your units are. There you can confuse 3 with Huang Gai, and the 4th with your magician, and whittle them down.

In the South, I recommend Sun Quan with the Golden Armor and Thinkers Sword (note; a crit by Sun Quan will make the first enemy he hits take 225 damage, the rest 150) and have him go one way, maybe with some archery support, and Zhang Zhao, Lu Xun, and Gan Ning go the other way toward the camp. Use their magic to burn down the enemies (take note of the magicians right to your north; might be easier to take them out before the south eastern footmen using Gan Ning and his range, or an Archer and their range plus magic), and have your northern group hit the north east fort after eliminating the enemies around there to take all 4 forts, then just converge on Zhang Liao. No reward for beating the stage or wiping out all enemies.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Stage 37: The Flight through Ru Nan.

Officers: Sun Quan, Lu Xun, Gan Ning, Zhang Zhao; Sun Ce, Zhou Yu, Taishi Ci, and Lu Su are all unavailable.

Items: Cavalry Attack Armor (Defeat Xiahou Dun in a duel), Mystic Jewel (defeat all enemies), Herbs (tents), Rice (forts), Wine (camps)

Events: On turn 3, Guan Yu, Guan Ping, Guan Xing, and 3 regular cavalry will appear just south of your starting position. On turn 6, Xiahou Dun and 6 Tiger Cavalry will appear in the southwest corner and move to advance on your men.

Notes: Gan Ning can duel Xiahou Dun, which will result in Xiahou Dun being killed and you acquiring the Cavalry Attack Armor.

Strategy: The stage is a blitz where you have to be moving forward throughout the stage. Sun Quan with the Golden Armor + THinkers Sword will be real useful, especially when dealing with the 700+ HP Yue Jin and Li Dian, since he'll do 225 damage no matter their defense. The only real difficult part will be at the beginning of the stage, where you want to have a rearguard to stop the GUans and their Horses from killing anyone, while still dealing with the Tiger Cavalry advancing on you. Be sure to use your mages to their utmost effectiveness since they will do significantly more damage than most of your attackers at this point. Just keep moving forward, don't feel afraid to split your guys to go get items/handle an outlying group of enemies, and you should be able to take out all units with a couple turns to spare.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Fri May 08, 2009 4:40 pm

This Game looks really good,but I dont know where I can download it, has someone a link?
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Fri May 08, 2009 6:03 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?njuwozmmxmd

Remember before you play to set your non-unicode settings to simplified Chinese or the game won't load. It's in one of the tabs in the Language Settings option in the Control Panel.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Fri May 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks,but you have to be a Media Pro member to download this game and that costs money.Is there any way to
get it for free?
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games