Sango 2 (Magitech Corporation): Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun May 04, 2008 6:31 pm

Terranigma Freak wrote:I'm actually not too keen on their art, but to each their own. I'll play if the gameplay is good, and that's all I ask for. I'll give the demo a try later.

I don't really like any of the big art either, but some of the smaller portraits are pretty cool.

(If I'm being honest, the gameplay doesn't look like my cup of tea either, so I'll be passing on this one, but I'm excited for other fans. :))
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby James » Sun May 04, 2008 7:43 pm

Terranigma Freak wrote:I'm actually not too keen on their art, but to each their own. I'll play if the gameplay is good, and that's all I ask for. I'll give the demo a try later.

I'm a sucker for different artistic approaches in Three Kingdoms art.

I'm looking forward to trying the demo to see what the game is like.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Sun May 04, 2008 11:38 pm

Looks Awesome... I'm savin' up for that, ROTK XI and XII, and a few Wii games.
Pang Tong: So I wonder what this place is called?
Sign by road: "Place where Pang Tong gets killed"
Pang Tong: Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this place...

On Fallen Phoenix Slope.
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Mon May 05, 2008 2:02 am

Terranigma Freak wrote:What the hell? It actually does look pretty interesting. When did this come out? Also this screen shot: http://www.ezgame.com/Sango2/screenshots/battle05.jpg
See the person named Lu Lin? The made up daughter (in name) of Lu Bu from ROTK11?

Graphically, the game is down right ugly, but that's actually a GOOD thing. It means I don't have to upgrade my video card to play this game. When was this game released?

Oh, I found a free demo!!!

http://takeda17964.yuku.com/topic/381/t ... EASED.html

Longer names are abbreviated when space is limited. That's most likely Lu Lingqi.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Stryke » Mon May 05, 2008 10:18 am

I'm downloading the demo, which should take about an hour, so i'll post details of the game when I try it out, if I can play it that is :lol:

Edit: Well, I downloaded it, didn't take long, about an hour 1t 200 kb/s. After the install (which was incredibly laggy for me) I loaded the game up. On the start menu, there was "New Campaign", "Load", "Tournement", "Options" "Credits", and "Exit". Pretty straight forward, i'm not sure what the Tournement feature does though,as it is disabled in the demo. It's probaly either a battle/skirmish mode, could potentially be a multiplayer mode, though I doubt it.
Campaign is the 'story mode' of the game. On the demo, it starts off explaining some back history to the start of the yellow turban rebellion, and then the Liu Bei, Zhang Fei & Guan Yu oath story.
It then shows a map of China, with some brief backround of what has happend, Liu Bei raisied up a force of volunteers, and they are now going to battle with the yellow scarves.
The pre-battle map then is where you get to view your officers stats (Liu Bei, Zhang Fei, Guan Yu and Chien Yung (?), and choose where to deploy them, though there are only a certain places you can, as it is already mostly predetermined.
That's as far as I got, sadly, as I believe my graphics card is unable to handle the game. Someone else is going to have to fill in what the battles are like, sorry.
Stryke
Scholar

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon May 05, 2008 4:18 pm

'Chien Yung' is Jian Yong.

From what I remember of the game when I played the demo some time ago, the battles play out similarly to Rome: Total War. When units are defeated, the commanding officers usually die, as well, even on your side. So you have to be careful. ;)
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby talon1579 » Mon May 05, 2008 5:20 pm

I bought a new graphics card recently (my old one blew up). Installing the demo now.

EDIT: This is a terrible, terrible game. Ok, its 3 years old, but the graphics look more like 1995. And there isn't much strategy - just run at the enemy. The story is accurate at least.
talon1579
Changshi

Unread postby Arakasi » Mon May 05, 2008 7:47 pm

See that's why I'm not sure if people are looking at the right game. The game just came out like 1-2 weeks ago. The demos I've seen there are for much older games of theirs. I've looked at their website pretty thoroughly and I haven't found any demo of the actual recent game.
Arakasi
Initiate

Unread postby James » Mon May 05, 2008 8:49 pm

Yeah, I think the demo you guys are downloading is for Sanguo.

Check the screenshots for Sanguo 2?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Mikhail » Mon May 05, 2008 10:32 pm

Wow this game looks nice. If I only had a credit card, I'd be ready to roll! Sadly, I don't...
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games