The ever-moddable Legend of Cao Cao

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: The ever-moddable Legend of Cao Cao

Unread postby Tarrot » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Ok, glitches aside, and the fact I'm probably going to delete the game when its all done, this might be the most awesome fight ever in the history of LoCC Mods:

As I've dubbed it on imageshack, Cripple Fight. What it is, is Xun Yu and Man Chong (Geomancers), Cheng Yu (Magician), Xun You (Strategist), Jia Xu and Sima Yi (Mounted strategists effectively, but without their horses) and Guo Jia (translated as Divine Being, basically Zhuge Liang's class), plus Zhang Liao (the Admiral class buffed up so they can do good melee and decent magic damage), plus Liu Ye (catapult), vs. an army of enemy magic users. This is going to be the best fight ever.

*edit*

I missed out on this cause I wasn't paying attention enough to my Chinese. At the Fish Belly battle (Stone Maze), Yu Jin is forced in your party. First turn, Zhuge summons his golems, Yu Jin says, hey, that's cool, I wanna be one of those guys. So you have an option of changing Yu Jin (Archer, his special item gives him I believe 80% more damage on his attacks) into either a Wooden Golem or a Stone Golem. I ended up choosing Wooden, and got this:

Thankfully, his stats were re-calculated to be his stats if he'd leveled from level 1 with this guy. I kinda wish LoEW had that, although I can understand why they didn't since the Deluxe LoCC has no stat-altering fruits available, and with it being so vital in LOEW to use them, the re-configuring when Sun Ce or Lu Meng or Cheng Pu (Sun Quan side) get their class changes would've been too much of a pain.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Further update, no screenies because screenies can't do this justice.

So, Diao Chan and Zhu Rong get into a duel in one of the later stages. Their duel consists of a dance off, in the duel screen, which by itself is fun. Then Diao Chan gets a stat boost for her role in the dance off, Cao Cao makes a comment, then Meng Huo makes a comment complete with a whistle. I just started belly laughing for like a minute after that series of events.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:02 am

Has this been posted?

Legend of Kongming remake

Same maps and similar levels as in the original LoKM, but way harder. Video cutscenes from the original LoKM. You get to walk around town and talk to townsfolk like in LoKM. You also get snake- and elephant-handlers, rattan troops, Nanman troops, and other barbarian troops. Your choices in battles and results from duels (player-controlled) will also determine the growth of Zhuge Zhan.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Masatog » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:50 am

In order to view that thread you posted, it requires a account in xycq so it could be viewed.

I might as well introduce Legend of Ma Chao here.
The first battle begins at the Battle of Tong Gate (everyone starts at level 65 while Cao Cao's men start at 50) but right after that battle is finished, it takes you back to the events with Ma Teng to build up to what has happened before(level 10 now...). It uses the LoCC's new engine's SP attack at the first battle (it was explained somewhere within this board) and can really change the favor of who is at an advantage. Some examples are: Han Sui - every player and allied units will get all stats buffed up, Ma Yunlu - Heal every party and allied units, Cavalry - MOV increase + Critical on the selected unit + no counterattack from enemies.
I'll post screenshots later.
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Tarrot » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:57 pm

I saw that on XYCQ, I'm too lazy to make an account though to get into said thread (Legend of Kongming).
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:44 am

Send me a PM if you want the download link.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Tarrot » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:32 pm

LW: Do you know if there's a guide for the game or not? The text files have links to certain websites, but those are also member-only sites.

And random thing about these games, which I never realized before, but since I've been catching up on Naruto: Shippuden, a ton of the music in the games, if not from the original LoCC or the RoTK series, comes from Naruto.

Ok, random bug: Zhang Fei's spear on the first level isn't increasing when I attack enemies with it. Liu Bei's sword also doesn't level up when I use it.

NM, figured it out: The brothers, officially, aren't members of your party, rather they are controllable NPCs, thus they don't get any stat gains when attacking, though they do level up and such.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Random thing: Second battle, I got a Cao Hong vs. Zhao Yun duel. Now, I can read some Chinese, but not enough, so I'm not sure what the dueling options are. I ended up winning and defeating Cao Hong, but I don't know the three options. I assume the first is attack, second is defend, 3rd is like a special attack? Nothing happened unless I chose to attack, and I came close to Zhao Yun falling (7 HP), so I'm not sure.

*edit*

Replayed the stage, the other duel is Zhang Fei vs. Xu Chu, and that was a normal duel where Zhang Fei won (and got a Strength Fruit), so I guess there are optional duels in the game as well as curb-stomps.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:43 pm

LW: Do you know how to do the Chang Ban stage? I managed to get to all 4 forts with Zhao Yun, but couldn't find lady Mi or Gan or whoever. The enemies respawn on every allied second turn, and unless I'm extremely careful, Zhao Yun's going to be the only one left, and he can't make any progress moving if he's constantly surrounded by the enemies. Is there a special order I have to visit the forts in or something? I started from the SW fort and finally got around to the NE by about turn 30 but got nothing but a movement boost.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Changban: Top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left. Get Mi Fang a new set of armour and he can basically get it maxed out in one level.

Can you open this thread? walkthru from stages 1 to 35
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games