Legend of Lu Bu (a LoCC mod) Translation--Final Version

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Lu Bu (a LoCC mod) Translation--Final Version

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:50 am

Battle of Guandu, the same one that Chunyu Qiong guards in LoCC. Top right corner, surrounded by hills. Lu Bu and Zhang Liao are supposed to go to the bottom of the screen and enter Cao Cao's fort and meet up with Yuan Shao, but as soon as both LB and ZL enter the fort Cao Cao's men appear en masse and swiftly decimates Yuan Shao's behind. At the same time, ambush troops appear around and INSIDE the top right camp, where you would have left most of your units, and everyone's defence stat goes down.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Masatog » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:13 am

It was as soon as you capture the castle Cao Ren was positioned at the beginning, the next enemy turn is when the whole army of Cao Caos' arrive.
I just used the bottom camp as base to put all my units in to defend (blocking the entrance to the camp) while Hua Tuo uses Fortify and Recover at whoever is low on HP. Once the whole bottom army is defeated, the rest is really easy. Just lure the enemy out of their position and rout everyone (recommended) or position Lu Bu and Zhang Liao in the castle.
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:41 am

I remember that battle mainly for assuming that you had to kill everyone and only realizing at the very end of the final turn that I could not finish off the one remaining unit, Xu Huang, with my remaining units before having to end that turn.

And then realizing that that was not the victory condition and just capturing the last castle or whatever with Lu Bu.

As far as a strategy, it's been awhile, but I think I left the bulk of my people in the "Wu Chao" camp and just had Lu Bu and Zhang Liao move as close as possible to where they have to go, and then had them rush back to help the main army when Cao Cao's reinforcements show up. Diaochan meeting Yuan Shao figured into this at some point, she probably went with Lu Bu and Zhang Liao. I seem to remember that you can't get the Shield from him if Cao Cao's reinforcements arrive before you talk to him, but I might be remembering that incorrectly.
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:03 am

Masatog wrote:I just used the bottom camp as base to put all my units in to defend (blocking the entrance to the camp) while Hua Tuo uses Fortify and Recover at whoever is low on HP. Once the whole bottom army is defeated, the rest is really easy. Just lure the enemy out of their position and rout everyone (recommended) or position Lu Bu and Zhang Liao in the castle.

Hmm, never tried this one before. I've always just sent Lu Bu and Zhang Liao to the castle and left everyone behind, and then it's a matter of luck that the enemy Fighters doesn't materialize right next to Hua Tuo...
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Masatog » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:40 am

Lady Wu wrote:Hmm, never tried this one before. I've always just sent Lu Bu and Zhang Liao to the castle and left everyone behind, and then it's a matter of luck that the enemy Fighters doesn't materialize right next to Hua Tuo...

I mostly move my entire army together since I'm always afraid one of my party's unit might get defeated which leads to an unfortunate game over...
In late games, Lu Bu just doesn't seem as strong anymore...Chen Gong seems to be even stonger than him with his Power + Sear/Scorch (if you're luckly enough to hit).

In the of Battle of Puyang which is the one where Lu Bu has to escape from the castle, who actually escaped? I find it impossible as:
1) one party unit gets confused and routed...
2) even if someone is to escape, there is an ambush on the escape destination...
3) Song Xian and Chen Gong are always targeted units for the enemy due to their range (Song Xian) and useless defense+HP (Chen Gong) plus their movement is slow too...
4) Kinda impossible to obtain the seal (maybe)
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:51 am

Masatog wrote:In the of Battle of Puyang which is the one where Lu Bu has to escape from the castle, who actually escaped? I find it impossible as:
1) one party unit gets confused and routed...
2) even if someone is to escape, there is an ambush on the escape destination...
3) Song Xian and Chen Gong are always targeted units for the enemy due to their range (Song Xian) and useless defense+HP (Chen Gong) plus their movement is slow too...
4) Kinda impossible to obtain the seal (maybe)

This is the legendary Puyang IV? I've always defeated all the enemies instead of escaping. Escaping seems incompatible with getting the seal (since the seal condition is to clear the map). I don't even know how you're meant to escape "from the east gate" since you'd have to wade through all the enemy units on the way anyway.
Lady Wu

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:18 am

The stage-by-stage saves I posted before did not have the Bk of Healing. :(

So I'm playing through again to make new saves. Same deal, all items obtained, minimal recovery items used (I probably use 1 bean every 10 stages...). All seals obtained and promotions optimized.

The first 10 stages

From Xuzhou to path split

Conqueror Path, first 10 stages

Conqueror Path, last 10 stages

Unzip and overwrite current save files, you know the drill.

Will do Hero path once I've had some sleep...
Lady Wu

Unread postby burmaboy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Lady Wu wrote:The stage-by-stage saves I posted before did not have the Bk of Healing. :(

So I'm playing through again to make new saves. Same deal, all items obtained, minimal recovery items used (I probably use 1 bean every 10 stages...). All seals obtained and promotions optimized.

The first 10 stages

From Xuzhou to path split

Conqueror Path, first 10 stages

Conqueror Path, last 10 stages

Unzip and overwrite current save files, you know the drill.

Will do Hero path once I've had some sleep...

Lady Wu, can i start playing LOLB from lvl1. because everytime i started a new game all officers are lvl40. It doesn't ask me whether to train from lvl1 or not....
burmaboy
Apprentice

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:22 pm

No, you can't start from level 1. The whole point of the game is that you stay level 40 all the way through (while the enemies get more and more powerful), and you have to learn how to maximize the use of each unit in all situations. It's a different gameplay experience from LoCC---give it a try. It'll change how you think about the game.
Lady Wu

Unread postby burmaboy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:16 am

i'll give it a try......... but it's kinda boring coz no lvl up :lol:
burmaboy
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games