Warriors Orochi 2 Discussion Thread!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby the glorious sun jian » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:29 am

I would rather have Xiang Yu or Bai Qi more than Wang <>

But good work for both you LDZ and Koei .
لا اله الا الله محمد عبده ورسوله
the glorious sun jian
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:21 pm

The scan has been translated more thanks to BlackKite, and it seems that Taira no Kiyomori's mission is to bring back Orochi whilst Taigong Wang is there to prevent it from happening. There we have 1 good guy and 1 bad guy who will be most likely portrayed as rivals in the game.

Edit: The boars could well be minotaurs. This could also mean possible Greek myth appearances.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby gren » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:14 pm

im just glad they are fleashing out a good idea. orochi's forces needed more figure heads, other than just borrowing the stereotipical bad guys and strongest from both series.
"what did we hit? space cow?!"
gren
Master Sleeping Treestump

Unread postby Bryan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:14 pm

LittleDragonZ wrote:Edit: The boars could well be minotaurs. This could also mean possible Greek myth appearances.
I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. A minotaur's horns are always on the upper portion of the head. These are definitely tusks, as they seem to protrude from the lower portion, typically where the mouth is. Unless Koei wanted an enemy with an extremely elongated neck, it just doesn't fit, and I doubt that is the case. Unless you get a better picture or a translation of that box specifically stating that it's a minotaur, there's just no way it can be one.
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Ah Man » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:06 pm

I think it's totally awesome that Jiang Ziya is here, though I must admit, he's about 3000 years younger than I expected him to be @_@. But, seeing him with his Dragon-Fishing rod? WIN.

But anyone have any ideas on why TAIRA is there??? I know he's the villain of the Heike Monogatari, but was he THAT evil? Isn't there anyone else in Japanese mythology who would be...more...I dunno..fitting? Taira no Kiyomori just doesn't seem to work if there are no Minamoto's around...
Cao Ah Man
Scholar

Unread postby Dirt » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:39 pm

Will this lead to a third faction of heroes from the Investiture of the Gods?
Dirt
Initiate

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:49 pm

I think Taira is a "I honestly think Orochi is the best choice" kind of guy. That, or he wants Orochi alive only because Orochi being alive means that the various factions have a common enemy.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:23 am

There's no guarantee that these are the only two new characters, is there? There's time for a Minamoto Yoshitsune and Sun Tzu to still be added. ;)
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Cao Ah Man » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:31 am

I really doubt Yoshitsune or anyone else from Heike will show up. That will require it's own game to be honest. Besides, they already have Dian Wei, just pretend he's Benkei >D

Well I was just thinking on how he's portrayed in the original story with his evil karma smoking his body stuff, etc. Figured they were keeping on that innately evil take on him.
Cao Ah Man
Scholar

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:51 pm

The JP main site has been updated:

http://download1.gamecity.ne.jp/orochi-sairin/index.htm

Both of the characters have a short bio and 5 new stages have been announced. Though since I can't read Japanese and no-one from KOEI Warriors has translated it much, I couldn't be able to tell you what it's all about, yet.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games