Warriors Orochi 2 Discussion Thread!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Warriors Orochi 2 Discussion Thread!!

Unread postby Sean » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Picked up this game yesterday, kind of like a birthday present for myself.

I must say, Motochika is a very interesting character. His Musou cracks me up. Like any character who uses a musical instrument for a weapon I wish he had more range. :s
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HowSwiftThySword » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:37 pm

I found this game by luck, and I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed. I mean come on, the three brothers as playable characters in the Shu story? THEY ALL SUCK! I WANT MY ZHAO YUN BACK!!!
As an upside, i got all first skills unlocked because I had a Warriors Orochih 1 save file.
Quote of the Day:

"Someday I'll strangle you with your own beard, Cao Cao!" - Dong Zhou
HowSwiftThySword
Scholar

Unread postby Sean » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:11 pm

All right, I've had enough of this. I'm not a fan of running through officers with Red Hare just to raise proficiency to get x dream level. And then I need to play every level on every difficulty to get another portrait...Honestly, Koei, not only are you constantly defenestrating ideas for decent character design, but you're also making no sense in these unlockables. It takes far too long to do this. Who plays a hack-'n-slash for that long? Or am I doing something wrong?

Oh, and to get all of x character's portraits you have to raise their proficiency to 50. And to get some levels the sum of all character levels needs to be like 3600 or something...

Add Koei to the list of developers I'm starting to dislike! :rangry:
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Masatog » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:08 pm

I got this game a while ago and it was OK. Just like Warriors Orochi 1 except there are characters that are only for this game (not counting Orochi Z). I found some interesting yet easily noticeable stuff:
Gracia: Direction & L1 + Enemy against a terrain = Massive loss of HP to whoever enemy that is against the terrain.
Nobunaga: C4 (charge to full) + Bolt = Same as Gracia's result except that the enemy doesn't need to be against terrain.

Lags when Zuo Ci uses C4 and Sima Yi uses Musou against large crowds of enemy. The Battle of Chi Bi has lags too at the altar.
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Sean » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:42 am

What's a good level to raise proficiency? I like Itsukushima but I want to know what other levels people like grinding on.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Masatog » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 am

Sean wrote:What's a good level to raise proficiency? I like Itsukushima but I want to know what other levels people like grinding on.

I use Wei's 8th level which is the battle of Guan Du. Just get a horse and aim only at the enemy officers. When you defeated all there is, Orochi X's "hellish army" comes with about 8 more officers. Defeating them all will earn a lot of proficiency points (can't remember how much). Easy as difficulty of course.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Sean » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:51 am

When a mission tells you to "complete x y z swiftly", how much time is "swiftly"?

Masatog wrote:I use Wei's 8th level which is the battle of Guan Du. Just get a horse and aim only at the enemy officers. When you defeated all there is, Orochi X's "hellish army" comes with about 8 more officers. Defeating them all will earn a lot of proficiency points (can't remember how much). Easy as difficulty of course.

Completely forgot about that level, but right when you mentioned it I remembered how easy that level is. I will try it in the morning.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Masatog » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:37 am

Sean wrote:When a mission tells you to "complete x y z swiftly", how much time is "swiftly"?

I assume you're talking about getting treasures?
I normally take swiftly as the amount of time the player takes to usually finishes the requirement. I remembered that I was once having a random kill/chase everyone in sight battle for fun and yet I still managed to get the treasure to appear (maybe because my characters were overpowered).

What does Gyuki's L1 special do?
From what I see it:
it sucks everyone around him and moves them closer to him (like Taigong Wang's C1) while doing a fair amount of damage.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Sean » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:52 am

I actually found a pretty simple way to raise proficiency, and that is to play through each Story Mode and plow through it with the character whose proficiency you want to raise. This is nice because there's a portrait with a ridiculous unlocking requirement that is to play every single level (Story and Dream mode) on every difficulty. Stupid, stupid, stupid, I say, but I'm done with every Story Mode except for Orochi and I have 11 characters at 50 proficiency. :roll:

Spoilers include information on how to unlock some Dream Mode levels.
In my opinion, by far the most annoying thing to unlock is still the one Dream Mode level that requires all your characters to have a combined proficiency level of 2730. That's technically 2430 since to get the first two Dream Mode levels you have to get 50 proficiency with Cao Cao, Sun Quan, Liu Bei, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and Oda Nobunaga, but if only raising proficiency wasn't such a pain in the rear. And let's not even talk about when your allies take your stupid kills on officers...
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:31 am

It averages out to each character at 30 proficiency. On average, if you have the acclaim skill equipped, you'll hit about 25 proficiency when you hit level 99. I usually take 3 characters, go through a story mode, then cap them at 30 at Wu-4 before I go onto the next set, but I got tired of that and started up Legend of Kongming instead.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games